Review Post match discussion/vent thread vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from the game, haven't read the thread and don,t usually post straight after a game as it is usually just full of emotion fuelled irrational posts BUT by **** we were awful.

I'm not going to bag the forwards because the way we move and deliver the ball to them is attrocious.

We move the ball sooo slowly with 20 metre chip kicks that allows the opposition to floodback or we put ourselves under so much pressure with stupid ring a ring a rosie handballs that we end up hacking it forward.

No run, no clean ball kills us everytime. We just dont move the ball fast by foot because we know our skills are sub standard

...just get out to Dreamworld Spide...the theme park not Arden St...and let off some steam.

Maybe this requires its own thread but I would be interested on views on the whole list (either keep, trade, delist): GO!
1 Currie - Delist
2 McKenzie - Trade
3 Bastinac - Trade
4 Higgins - Keep
5 Jacobs - Keep
6 Hansen - Keep
7 Ziebell - Keep
8 Wells - ??
9 Swallow - ?? Has currency so maybe trade??
10 Cunnington - Keep
11 Firrito - Delist
12 Thomas - Keep
13 Adams - Delist
14 Dumont - Keep, and no more sub
15 Dal Santo - Keep
16 Thompson - ??
17 Grima - Delist
18 Atley - Keep
19 Wright - Keep
20 Petrie - ??
21 McDonald - Trade?
22 Goldstein - KEEP
23 Harper - Trade
24 Durdin - Keep
25 Tarrant - RFA/Trade?
26 Nielson - Keep
27 Garner - Trade? Might need a new start
28 Nahas - ?
29 Harvey - Gonna retire in a year
30 Waite - Delist
32 Wood - Keep
33 Vickers- Willis - Keep
34 McMillan - Keep
35 Black - Trade
36 Tippett - ??
38 Daw - If we're gonna keep him, play him
40 Turner - KEEP and play him
41 Mullett - Trade
42 McMahon - Delist
43 Gibson - TRADE
50 Brown - Keep

Words are cheap. We are slow and clapped out.

Yep the motto "get real" turns out to be appropriate The Board need to get real and put Brad on a final warning, clean out the footy department, there should be mass dropping of non performing old pricks and promotion of young kids, write off the idea that we are tilting at the flag and start a rebuild - GET ******* REAL YOU PRICKS!!!!

If you think this year is s**t where were you in 1973..79..80..81..82..83..84..85.86..87..88..89...90..91..92..2000 and right up until 2013?
Because if my memory serves me correct they were all pretty s**t years aside from some Brownlows...maybe Blight kicking a ton and some one off finals wins...so your age makes a big difference because if you think half way through a season is the time to jump ship and tell us that 2015 is the worst year...I and we all have a right to ask i would have thought because there are lots more crap years than that...and that's my time right Horace ?

Tonight the Waite trade looks almost on Cam Hay,Lance Piccone, whoever that tool was from Geelong who played one good game against Us in his life and got drafted - level

Maybe this requires its own thread but I would be interested on views on the whole list (either keep, trade, delist): GO!
1 Currie - Delist
2 McKenzie - Trade
3 Bastinac - Trade
4 Higgins - Keep
5 Jacobs - Keep
6 Hansen - Keep
7 Ziebell - Keep
8 Wells - ??
10 Cunnington - Keep
11 Firrito - Delist
12 Thomas - Keep
13 Adams - Delist
15 Dal Santo - Keep
16 Thompson - ??
17 Grima - Delist
18 Atley - Keep
19 Wright - Keep
20 Petrie - ??
21 McDonald - Trade?
22 Goldstein - KEEP
23 Harper - Trade
24 Durdin - Keep
25 Tarrant - RFA/Trade?
26 Nielson - Keep
28 Nahas - ?
30 Waite - Delist
32 Wood - Keep
34 McMillan - Keep
35 Black - Trade
36 Tippett - ??
41 Mullett - Trade
42 McMahon - Delist
43 Gibson - TRADE
50 Brown - Keep
IM gona go and see how many of these players would get a game at the Hawks... not all at the same time... individually.....

The bolded ones

because there is no-one pushing for a spot.

Sorry I don't buy that. It's become a convenient excuse to have the same old players each and every week. We generally use as many as the absolutely top teams i.e. Fremantle and Hawthorn. Now more than ever we need to start trying new blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have said it before - if we're in as solid position off field as we believe we are, the club has an obligation to develop long term on field prospects.

Have an inkling that we're still living in the shadows of survival mode. In recent memory (for many of us), on field competitiveness was the only thing stopping the AFL giving us the tap on the shoulder.

Time to be bold and truly have faith in the business model that has been established since 2007.

It seems I chose a good season to basically avoid by taking the family to Europe for a few months. Been keeping tabs on our games when possible. Same old predictable garbage as in the previous 5-6 years. Lazing on the beaches on the Greek Islands definitely takes the misery away though. Yeh....can't wait to get back in a few weeks......

Nah. That implies that another club would want to trade for any of them.
Was so ashamed by that performance that I personally apologised to my kids for making them follow North. They said "that's ok we're getting used to it"!
We've all got to keep supporting North, I know the coach, culture and some players need to go, BUT we have come through hell, we were nearly shipped out of the AFL. We need to stick fat and make sure we fart at games not poo.

Last edited:
Was so ashamed by that performance that I personally apologised to my kids for making them follow North. They said "that's ok we're getting used to it"!

I hope the club see this post and put it on the locker room wall. The players and coaching staff have let the supporters down far too often in the last 15 years and should be told in no uncertain terms how insipid they have been.

These players need to either take pride in the jumper or get the * out. No more half hearted bullshit

I hope the club see this post and put it on the locker room wall. The players and coaching staff have let the supporters down far too often in the last 15 years and should be told in no uncertain terms how insipid they have been.

These players need to either take pride in the jumper or get the **** out. No more half hearted bullshit

But how many times...the Pies game should have been the end of the rot.

1 Currie - Delist
2 McKenzie - Trade
3 Bastinac - Trade
4 Higgins - Keep
5 Jacobs - Keep
6 Hansen - Keep
7 Ziebell - Keep
8 Wells - ??
10 Cunnington - Keep
11 Firrito - Delist
12 Thomas - Keep
13 Adams - Delist
15 Dal Santo - Keep
16 Thompson - ??
17 Grima - Delist
18 Atley - Keep
19 Wright - Keep
20 Petrie - ??
21 McDonald - Trade?
22 Goldstein - KEEP
23 Harper - Trade
24 Durdin - Keep
25 Tarrant - RFA/Trade?
26 Nielson - Keep
28 Nahas - ?
30 Waite - Delist
32 Wood - Keep
34 McMillan - Keep
35 Black - Trade
36 Tippett - ??
41 Mullett - Trade
42 McMahon - Delist
43 Gibson - TRADE
50 Brown - Keep

Pretty spot on. Only Tippet, Nahas, Petrie delist and Jacobs trade or delist. McDonald Keep.

IM gona go and see how many of these players would get a game at the Hawks... not all at the same time... individually.....

The bolded ones

LOL. zilich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back