Opinion Our coaches, leadership, game style, and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I look at Longmire, his coaching career is becoming more and more similar to that of Chris Scott. They both won a premiership early in their careers when the foundations were laid by the previous regime and then their respective teams begin a slow gradual decline with neither coach having the innovation to develop a new gameplan once their old one's been worked out. The difference here is that we recruited Buddy which temporarily lifted the team to another grand final but the gradual slide continues.

The more I look at Longmire, his coaching career is becoming more and more similar to that of Chris Scott. They both won a premiership early in their careers when the foundations were laid by the previous regime and then their respective teams begin a slow gradual decline with neither coach having the innovation to develop a new gameplan once their old one's been worked out. The difference here is that we recruited Buddy which temporarily lifted the team to another grand final but the gradual slide continues.

I disagree

horse was part of the roos era in fact seemed to be coaching anyway, so i think the 2012 flag is his, i think he changed the style of play too

Problem is dont think he has changed it since

I just hope some club is stupid enough to take Dew on as a senior coach and we go looking elsewhere for an assistant coach with no links to Roos or Longmire to take charge of the midfield group. We need fresh ideas, not more of the bloody same

Dew needs to go.
Maybe they should put Francou in charge of the midfield. At least he will try something different, at least he did in the SANFL.

In all seriousness what is it going to take for the club to stand up and say we have issues and we need to take our game in another direction. I think Horse needs to go. We need a forward thinker.

I think we need a sense of resignation from horse in his presser tonight. He needs to come out and be honest and blunt so at least we know what his views are. I think he believes this game plan works. That is the problem. I want him to say.... "The past two weeks have given us a lot to think about moving forward and we need to adapt better to a changing landscape". He wont say it but he needs too.

I think we need a sense of resignation from horse in his presser tonight. He needs to come out and be honest and blunt so at least we know what his views are. I think he believes this game plan works. That is the problem. I want him to say.... "The past two weeks have given us a lot to think about moving forward and we need to adapt better to a changing landscape". He wont say it but he needs too.
I think we need a poll...put me down for the dismissal of horse 'cos the buck always stops at the coach!

I said Horse was cooked two months ago, was shot down in flames, questioned the game plan, shot down in flames. Just cleared my throat. P.s. Was logged in as SAGray, can't seem to log in again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game-plan is shitful. Ball movement is gutless, absolutely gutless. Yeah whatever, our players are hard at it, they're courageous, throw their bodies into dangerous situations but one moment sums up everything Parker goes back takes a courageous mark gets up there's 3 1 on 1's forward..yet doesn't look, looks backwards and sideways 2 or 3 times before he even looks forward. Bombs away, Eagles have had plenty of time to set up and Sheppard of all people takes the intercept mark.
Our players are too frightened to take a risk turning the ball over going forward, so they'd rather do shitty chip, chip, chip sidesways kicks to nothing turn it over with horrible skills. Congest stoppages and play virtually without a forward line, teams know how to counter that pretty easy. Who wants to watch that crap anyway, it's infuriating..boring and doesn't win games it football..the games involved passed that. It's no surprise the brief periods they've actually attacked the game in the last 2 weeks they've strung some goals together.
We've tried to buy the best player in the comp for some marketability, how about playing a decent brand of football...that might bring fans through the gates.

Dew can piss off, hope someone takes him as they're senior coach...besides the ruck situation our midfield set-up is just wrong the amount of time we can barely scrum it forward and the opposition can waltz out because they've got players behind the stoppage is laughable.
Skills are unacceptable, they're getting worse...our foot-skills weren't this bad in 2012 with mostly the same core of players..whoever is primarily responsible for that area can go aswell.
Horse has done enough to stay on, but he needs to be tapped on the shoulder and told to change the game-plan, it's not good for 'marketabilty' and not very good for winning football games against decent sides either. We look ok when we attack, so make them attack stop neutering players with this game style.

McVeigh 16 possessions, Jack 15 possessions...Kennedy 31, all in the leadership group. Pretty obvious to me which one should be captain. Like I said earlier McVeigh and Jack have had their moments as captains and are probably great communicators..they can stay in the leadership group and still be great communicators. We need someone who can lead by example on the field through actions every week.

Who is the real guy that sat to the left of Horse.

Maybe he could have a go.

Lets try a new thing, raffle the senior coaching position each week. We could raise some funds to pay for Buddy and also get to see vonn coach Parker from the boundary line, where I am sure she would have to demonstrate the grapple tackle for him a few times, and in the showers pre and post game for a "chat".

It can't really get any worse can it?

Hi guys sorry for intruding on the Sydney board. I
I heard on mmm footy over the weekend that Longmire has given Dew extra responsibility above the level a normal assistant would get. Do you know if that is true, and if so what they would be? Amongst Sydney supporters what is your opinion of him as a head coach? Thanks

Hi guys sorry for intruding on the Sydney board. I
I heard on mmm footy over the weekend that Longmire has given Dew extra responsibility above the level a normal assistant would get. Do you know if that is true, and if so what they would be? Amongst Sydney supporters what is your opinion of him as a head coach? Thanks

Personally I think Dew will be the bestest coach of all time and you guys should really really steal him from us because we would all be like "NOOOOOOOO DONT GO DEWIE" and then you would be the best team eva and we would be sad.

Nathan Bassett to the swans would be a positive in my eyes.

Bassett was a great head coach in the SANFL before he went to the Bombers. Had his team playing afl structures and presses made them very successful. It's a shame he went to Essendon!

In all seriousness what is it going to take for the club to stand up and say we have issues and we need to take our game in another direction. I think Horse needs to go. We need a forward thinker.

What is really scary is that he did bugger all today, same stupid structure, same stupid game plan then the players just started running the ball and we finally scored..it ain't rocket science.

I disagree

horse was part of the roos era in fact seemed to be coaching anyway, so i think the 2012 flag is his, i think he changed the style of play too

Problem is dont think he has changed it since

You are a bit out there but your passion, honesty and astute posts like this when expressing your opinions on the Swans and their fortunes makes me think for a man that lives on an Island you might be half normal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back