Opinion Our coaches, leadership, game style, and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there are a few who are jumping the gun after our first round loss, but the man won a flag in only his second year with a team that no one picked to make the grand final.

He'll turn the ship around pretty quickly I believe and deserves a little more faith from his doubters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2:OO Press conference

In which he will announce his intention to stop kicking it long to the wing and instead kick it a bit further than a mid-range kick to the wing. :)

Why not 10 years? Just kidding, very happy with this. 2 years is a good amount of time to still leave some pressure on him to perform but long enough to let him continue to build his strategies/plans/structures etc. He seems to have a genuinely good relationship with the boys and likes it in Sydney. He's delivered the goods already and has tasted the pinnicle... I'm certain that counts for a fair bit also. Here's hoping this group (coaches, players & management) can provide us a successful era for the next 5-10 years with somemore of that great drafting & list management we all have seen the past decade and hunger by the playing group who are fully committed to the club, it's management & the way they are coached.

I have never been for extending coaches tenures at the start of a season and certainly not with two years yet to run on their contracts. Hawks were all for sacking Clarko if he couldn't give them a premiership last year. we need to be a bit the same, making the finals should never be good enough, premierships are all that count. I know they are hard to win and even making a GF is excruciatingly hard. But the last day in September is the reason players play this game.

The thing I worry about is what if things don't come together in the next two years and we fall in a heap? He will now have two more years or we will have a debt to a sacked coach. Footy is so hard today, it changes every year. Coaches have a harder job than ever in keeping up with the tactics of the opposition and developing winning tactics themselves. To me any coach being contracted for four years is a bit naive. I hoper we win a premiership in the next year or two but with GWS & Suns starting to develop I think it would have to be in the next three. with Buddy & Tip we should be looking at two in three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back