List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Clark on MMM just said that if we miss out on Treloar then we will go all out to get Motlop and he believes the Cats won't fight that hard to keep him .
Happy with that, Treloar and Motlop definetly the 2 best uncontracted players (outside of danger).
Landing one of them would be huge. Aish next best available.

Don't rate Motlop.
Flashy, flaky, soft and inconsistent.

I'm all for adding class but not just on the surface, Derrwaye catch phrase inducing, s**t tv ad inspiring class. I want complete footballers or as close to as possible. Motlop is quite a ways off that.

Motlop does a lot right and you can see that by looking at his stats, averages 21 and 1.6 goals a game. He breaks lines and would offer us something offensively that we don't currently have.

But there is something that makes you say stay away, is it our history with Daniel, is it his brain fades, is it is his ability to burn team mates in better positions or is it the fact the Cats are happy to let him go.

Whatever it is I think we should look elsewhere.

Midfield wise there is no point bringing in non-A-graders; we have a hell of a lot of depth but no super elite talent. The only way we can access these players is monster contracts (personally I'm super averse to it) or drafting and developing. Even a player like Motlop who can play at that level at times is incredibly inconsistent and only takes gametime away from Garner, Thomas and Turner. I don't mind grabbing underutilised and so underpriced players but only if these result in an improvement in our best 22; Aish, Anderson, Hartung etc. probably don't fit the bill for mine.

Key position players are a different story and I'm a bit worried about what a post-Petrie and Waite world looks like up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield wise there is no point bringing in non-A-graders; we have a hell of a lot of depth but no super elite talent. The only way we can access these players is monster contracts (personally I'm super averse to it) or drafting and developing. Even a player like Motlop who can play at that level at times is incredibly inconsistent and only takes gametime away from Garner, Thomas and Turner. I don't mind grabbing underutilised and so underpriced players but only if these result in an improvement in our best 22; Aish, Anderson, Hartung etc. probably don't fit the bill for mine.

Key position players are a different story and I'm a bit worried about what a post-Petrie and Waite world looks like up forward.
Yep. Genuine A grade line breaking midfielders. We have the B grade depth.

Who are all these B-grade midfielders?

Besides Dumont running around in the reserves and perhaps McKenzie, there aint anybody else.

Fwiw, I would take Motlop. Just at the age where he will start to take off, and would do better with the added class around him of an experienced side.

Who are all these B-grade midfielders?

Besides Dumont running around in the reserves and perhaps McKenzie, there aint anybody else.

Fwiw, I would take Motlop. Just at the age where he will start to take off, and would do better with the added class around him of an experienced side.
Ziebell, Swallow,Bastinac,Jacobs. All B graders at best. We will take the next step if we can add 2 guns to that rotation.

The one that still interests me is Bennell, I think if you can get him right you have a top 5 player in the comp.

It's a big if though.

Our other priority is midfielders that can spread both ways from contested situations, none of our current miss are capable of this.
Yes pls, Bennell and Treloar are the last of the elite group Aish and Motlop thereafter.

Bennell would make this team a heap better.

Last edited:
He shouldn't be captain.....but its not a good look trading your captain unless he asked to leave.

I agree however, Colbert was captain when he left the Cats to come to North. Did his standing in the game no harm, or the club for that matter! It does happen, just dont think it will at North.

In the Motlop yes camp just like I was for Higgins.

We have been crying out for some toe and outside work and class.

Motlop and Wells as "recruits" next year and we look much better - hopefully an extended run by Macmillan and Mullett.

Guys like Isaac Smith, Hill do not grow on trees so a yes for Motlop if no Treloar.

The only other ready made is Yarran and he is even flakier and his best is not as good.

In the Motlop yes camp just like I was for Higgins.

We have been crying out for some toe and outside work and class.

Motlop and Wells as "recruits" next year and we look much better - hopefully an extended run by Macmillan and Mullett.

Guys like Isaac Smith, Hill do not grow on trees so a yes for Motlop if no Treloar.

The only other ready made is Yarran and he is even flakier and his best is not as good.
Lets be honest Yarran and Malthouse weren't best of buddies........and there's nothing to play for @ Visy park other than the paycheque he's already guaranteed. Yarran would be perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back