Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, 2 first rounders is too much when taking into account how much we got for beams. A lot of water to go under the bridge yet though. I've heard Treloar and Adams don't get along so hope that doesn't come into calculations when he makes his decision.

Yep I'm unsure where the silly notion of two first rounders has come from because there's no way an uncontracted Treloar is worth more than a contracted Beams

Our first selection will likely be in the vicinity of 8-10 we then upgrade our second rounder to circa 20 and that's the deal done. We'd be crazy to trade our first selection in the 2015-2016 drafts unless the 2016 selection is protected which I doubt will be the case.

Gee they want to get a handle on Daicos jnr and Browny jnrs worth real fast then. 2016 draft.

Because bidding is done the morning of the draft you're able to trade in picks for F/S whereas you couldn't previously. Not all will be lost if we need a first round pick and we've already used it.

Pretty sure Hine has said he will trade out our first round draft pick this year as he doesn't rate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure he never actually said that. He did say that this years draft is poor beyond the first round.

First rounder this year and first rounder next year for Treloar and their second roudner
Their second rounder and our second rounder for Aish.
Get it done
Dangerous game given we have a Daicos and a Brown eligible next year...

But we would still have the ability to trade players out to get the required picks
Still need to have clubs willing to part with those picks interested in our players. It's not that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Witts is traded to GWS don't be surprised if we have a dabble at a former no.1 draft pick ruckman/forward at Carlton.

Gee they want to get a handle on Daicos jnr and Browny jnrs worth real fast then. 2016 draft.
For both, yes likely. In case one received a bid at pick 13 we could secure that player with a 2nd round pick (pick 29 & 3rd round pick (pick 47 with the f/s discount, should we finish 8th. So unless one is being touted as a top 10 pick, we'd still be in a decent position to snare at least one, even if we traded next years 1st rounder.

Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy if we traded next years 1st rounder and this years 2nd rounder for Treloar. That leaves this years 1st rounder to spend on a tall, given this years draft top 10 appears to have many talls. GWS may prefer next years 1st rounder given they've, reportedly, got 4 players shaping as top 20 talents at this early point. They may have sufficient points this year to secure Hopper & Kennedy, especially with our 2nd rounder helping out.

Dangerous game given we have a Daicos and a Brown eligible next year...
We just tell them to go to Brisbane for a year, disrupt the place and seek a trade back after 12 months :)

Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy if we traded next years 1st rounder and this years 2nd rounder for Treloar. That leaves this years 1st rounder to spend on a tall, given this years draft top 10 appears to have many talls. GWS may prefer next years 1st rounder given they've, reportedly, got 4 players shaping as top 20 talents at this early point. They may have sufficient points this year to secure Hopper & Kennedy, especially with our 2nd rounder helping out.

That would be an excellent result for us but I just don't see GWS accepting a 1st and 2nd rounder for Treloar, they will want more.

If they do I'd very disappointed if we offered more.
He was one of the elite taken as a 17 year old so he was considered a first rounder (or better) just based on potential alone

Since then he's turned into a beast that averages more possessions than Cotchin or Dangerfield or Martin or Boak or Wines.. and he's just turned 22 years of age

So to say that last part is only worth a 2nd rounder is fantasy.. 2 x 1st rounders minimum, and that would be pretty fair

He was one of the elite taken as a 17 year old so he was considered a first rounder (or better) just based on potential alone

Since then he's turned into a beast that averages more possessions than Cotchin or Dangerfield or Martin or Boak or Wines.. and he's just turned 22 years of age

So to say that last part is only worth a 2nd rounder is fantasy.. 2 x 1st rounders minimum, and that would be pretty fair

So he's better than beams?

Surely this superstar you talk of is a multiple AA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back