Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

So he's better than beams?

Well Beams is getting 28 disposals at 25 years of age

And Treloar is getting 27 disposals at 22 years of age

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=20&pid1=3135&tid2=25&pid2=3791&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

You weren't thinking this was just some ordinary good young kid were you?

Treloar was averaging just over 28 disposals two weeks ago and was among the top dozen possession getters in the league even though the other 11 were all years older than him.. he also got 37 disposals in a losing side against us

and really isn't the point anyway.. that's what they'll ask for and expect, and we can pay it or miss out

Last edited:

If Dangerfield wasn't a free agent would you get him for a 1st and 2nd rounder.. because Treloar is way younger and been getting better numbers all year o_O

If Dangerfield wasn't a free agent would you get him for a 1st and 2nd rounder.. because Treloar is way younger and been getting better numbers all year o_O
Dangerfield is clearly more valuable than Treloar. The numbers don't really worry me, Treloar doesn't win games of footy like Dangerfield does.

The Beams deal seems to be such a good precedent.

I just read something a little spooky, Collingwood traded away it's first round draft pick in 1993 to obtain Nathan Buckley. The Bears used that draft pick to draft one Chris Scott, dual premiership player at the lions.

Current Treloar situation very similar to Buckley trade, let's hope that lightning does not strike in the same position twice and GWS win all the Premierships.

I just read something a little spooky, Collingwood traded away it's first round draft pick in 1993 to obtain Nathan Buckley. The Bears used that draft pick to draft one Chris Scott, duel premiership player at the lions.

Current Treloar situation very similar to Buckley trade, let's hope that lightning does not strike in the same position twice and GWS win all the Premierships.

They'll win a lot of premierships regardless... And won't be waiting 8 years to do so either.

I just read something a little spooky, Collingwood traded away it's first round draft pick in 1993 to obtain Nathan Buckley. The Bears used that draft pick to draft one Chris Scott, dual premiership player at the lions.

Are you saying we would have been better off with Chris Scott?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield is clearly more valuable than Treloar. The numbers don't really worry me, Treloar doesn't win games of footy like Dangerfield does.
And he should be, Dangerfield is in his prime.. but the way he bashes and crashes you could make an argument for a very short shelf life at that level

Treloar is years away from his prime and already getting elite numbers that no other kids are getting

There is ZERO chance of GWS accepting a 1st and 2nd rounder for him, they'd be rolling on the floor at that offer :p

And he should be, Dangerfield is in his prime.. but the way he bashes and crashes you could make an argument for a very short shelf life at that level

Treloar is years away from his prime and already getting elite numbers that no other kids are getting

There is ZERO chance of GWS accepting a 1st and 2nd rounder for him, they'd be rolling on the floor at that offer :p
Well, no they wouldn't be.... We got a first, second and crisp (equivalent to a third rounder at the time) for Beams who is 23 yo, best and fairest and All Australian. There is no way Treloar is worth more than Beams.

Well, no they wouldn't be.... We got a first, second and crisp (equivalent to a third rounder at the time) for Beams who is 23 yo, best and fairest and All Australian. There is no way Treloar is worth more than Beams.
I wouldn't take two 1st rounders both of which will be lucky to be top 10 over De Goey (top 5) Greenwood and Crisp.. we smashed that trade

So I wouldn't worry how much better Beams is, which at the moment is about 1.4 disposals a game and Treloar has him for pace (one of our concerns structurally)

The Beams deal seems to be such a good precedent.

I'd argue Treloar links up on the outside better, averages 17 up compared to Dangerfield's 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back