Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And my original post on this matter was that 'exploring' these matters is strictly forbidden in the bible, for the bible tells us the answer to these questions.

Given that you responded to my use of the bible, referring to the bible to answer on this matter is relevant.

You're free to put forth your opinion, but it doesn't reinforce your position.

It is your statement from post #13993.

The statement above in bold was copypasta'd from your post. I provided an answer to this.

That's why you called it "drivel".

That's what we're discussing.

Ok i see where the confusion is. My bad didnt realise you had copy and pasted something.

We arent really discussing anything you are just trying to put forth the biblical reasons why they shouldnt be doing such operations. I am saying they dont care what the bible says they are doing because they want to see what they can find and the threat of punishment the bible gives means nothing to them because they do not believe in it.

CountryRace put forward his post insinuating that this is some government conspiracy and the CIA is doing the work of the devil. I have given a reason other than what he is insinuating for them to be doing this. That is all.

I really cant be bothered with the rest of the tit for tat crap. We both have our biased views.

I didnt realise you had excepted my reasoning as a possibility but were putting forth the fact that they are actually doing something that the bible says they shouldnt be. And by you posting that, i thought you were disputing what i was saying as a possibility but i now see you were not. Well i think that is right anyway.

If a book contains a talking snake, a man who lived inside a whale and the dead rising from their graves, en masse, it is a work of fiction and should be treated as such.
Correct

Nothing more than fables that have been around since the dawn of humanity... Seemingly passing through one civilization to the next. All to familiar at its core. The fable of the hero is a popular one.

The God Question is one that will invariably stir up vigorous debate. Belief in God (regardless of your religion) is based on faith - very strong faith, given the completely unverifiable nature of God. Lack of belief in God stems from viewing the world around us in a scientific, logical fashion - if it cannot be proven, it does not exist. These two views are pretty much mutually exclusive, and neither side will convince the other they are right.

Are you guys saying we are not from a virgin birth? That the Big Bang was the unison between two entities to create life? Interesting concept.

universal expansion (the big bang) and (the start of) life are two different things. just because life is dependant on the universe having certain conditions does not infer the events are the same thing.

Correct

Nothing more than fables that have been around since the dawn of humanity... Seemingly passing through one civilization to the next. All to familiar at its core. The fable of the hero is a popular one.

I don't want to get into an argument that has been done on this thread a million times but fables are myths that contain essential truths - you will find that 90% of Christians would agree with the categorisation of the genisis story as a fable - including the current Pope

Are you guys saying we are not from a virgin birth? That the Big Bang was the unison between two entities to create life? Interesting concept.
Even the building blocks of life did not exist until well after the death of the first generation of stars.
Maybe you should get a grasp of the facts.
Mitosis is asexual, with mammalian conception literally billions of years in the distant future.
Adam was scraped together from whatever was lying around and Eve was cloned from Adam....even if you believe the biblical tripe, so your post is senseless on every level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pretty cool, Who would have thought many years ago Atheism would become one of the fastest growing religions around the world & atheists have their own churches to worship evolution....

Atheism is a 'religion'?
As in "1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:
or is the 'religion' label just a construct of some theists to actually mock their own situation?
Can atheists also get tax exemptions?

This is pretty cool, Who would have thought many years ago Atheism would become one of the fastest growing religions around the world & atheists have their own churches to worship evolution....

I've only ever heard of these at theist wank fests.
Got an address of one these fictitious places of "worship" culty?

You need to look up the word "religion" in a dictionary and read it carefully. Then re-check the definitions of "atheist" and "agnostic", while you're at it, as it's clear by your posts you have little idea what either word means.

You need to look up the word "religion" in a dictionary and read it carefully. Then re-check the definitions of "atheist" and "agnostic", while you're at it, as it's clear by your posts you have little idea what either word means.

Definitions can be changed, Just look at the definition of marriage roy & get back to me, I'm pretty sure it states between man & woman, But now same sex marriage is being legalised in many countries, No reason Atheism can't be defined as a religion.

People say that music is their religion, football is their religion,Well I can call atheism a religion whether you like it or not, Get with modern times & definitions Roy.

Definitions can be changed, Just look at the definition of marriage roy & get back to me, I'm pretty sure it states between man & woman,

Only to you and other religious fundamentalists.

Please note that 'marriage' is a formally recognised union of two people as partners in a relationship.

People say that music is their religion, football is their religion,

That they do. As important to them spiritually as a belief in a supernatural entity. Maybe even more. I myself have dabbled significantly in Royligion. Just for your information, Royligion is a fast growing religion with its head church at the W. T. Peterson Oval in Brunswick Street, Melbourne, their holy of holies and where the son of a mysterious entity called "Roy" (known as "Fitzroy") was born 132 years ago. Gatherings of the faithful take place at 11.30 for the early service with the far more popular service at 2 pm every Saturday, which is is their holy day. Royligion's teachings are based on the sayings of this son of "Roy" and are outlined in the Gospel of Donald (believed to be have been written by The Son of Roy’s most beloved disciple Christopher), the Gospel of Hore-Lacy, (almost certainly written by St. Dyson, The Son of Roy’s chief Apostle) and the Gospel of Muyt (written by St. Adam of the Outer.)

And could you please refrain from calling me "Roy". "Roylion" is my correct nomenclature. Calling me "Roy" is indeed quite offensive and indeed blasphemous to adherents of Royligion, as only the deity itself can be referred to as "Roy", because that who He is. Does Roy not say "I am that I am."? Of course he does. What deity doesn't.

Well I can call atheism a religion whether you like it or not.

And I'll continue to regard atheism as not a religion, given that religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, involving devotional and ritual observances, and containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Worked out the difference between agnosticism and atheism yet?

Last edited:
Definitions can be changed, Just look at the definition of marriage roy & get back to me, I'm pretty sure it states between man & woman, But now same sex marriage is being legalised in many countries, No reason Atheism can't be defined as a religion.

People say that music is their religion, football is their religion,Well I can call atheism a religion whether you like it or not, Get with modern times & definitions Roy.
A bit like changing the definition of "clergy" to "child rapist" or "pederast"? Or "religious belief" to "mental illness"?
All definitions being up for review this week.
I'm happy if that's the case.

I don't want to get into an argument that has been done on this thread a million times but fables are myths that contain essential truths - you will find that 90% of Christians would agree with the categorisation of the genisis story as a fable - including the current Pope
Essential truths like humans are in the story. Humans exist.

wow a christian with a sense of humour! hope he's got a lot of other funny skits.... he does parody songs as well.

...... why are outwardly christians so....... cliche?

Essential truths like humans are in the story. Humans exist.

You are recapitulating my point. The fact that the Genesis story is based on earlier foundation myths and is a itself a myth is no argument against theism because most theists would say that themselves but thanks for the helpful restatement

You are recapitulating my point. The fact that the Genesis story is based on earlier foundation myths and is a itself a myth is no argument against theism because most theists would say that themselves but thanks for the helpful restatement
Clean up your grammar. It's hard to read such poor sentence structure and execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back