2015/16 SkyBet Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the highlights.

-Great goal from Antenucci.
-Derby did very well to get the point not only because of the injuries but Bolton hit the woodwork a good 3-4 times as well.
-Brentford what a comeback.

Where'd you find them? I had a look and couldn't find them.

Will Hughes has done acl,out for 6 months.
Tough break for the lad & second year in a row Rams have lost one of their best mids for the season
after Thorne last season

seth

Round Two

Sat 15 Aug 2015 - Championship
  • Burnley v Birmingham 12:30
  • Bristol City v Brentford 15:00
  • Derby v Charlton 15:00
  • Fulham v Brighton 15:00
  • Huddersfield v Blackburn 15:00
  • Ipswich v Sheff Wed 15:00
  • Middlesbrough v Bolton 15:00
  • MK Dons v Preston 15:00
  • Nottm Forest v Rotherham 15:00
  • QPR v Cardiff 17:15
Sun 16 Aug 2015 - Championship
  • Wolves v Hull 12:00
  • Reading v Leeds 15:00
Pick of these games is probably Wolves v Hull, two promotion contenders, two exciting young strikers, promises to be an entertaining game. Derby v Charlton might also be interesting as Charlton have started well and Derby wouldn't want to drop more points. MK Dons v Preston as two of the promoted League One clubs might also be interesting.

Putting the call out again, anyone interested in popping on the Podcast tomorrow morning to chat Championship? Would only need a rudimentary knowledge of the division.

Loving the look of our kit without a sponsor

Best kit we've had in years, away kit is all class too.

Starting 11 for Reading has to be unchanged from Burnley, if that's the case then we'll do alright, may not win on the road but I think we'll at least take a point.
Loving the look of Dallas/Byram down the wings, back 4 look solid but wouldn't mind adding in one more alongside Bamba.
Mowatt still impressing me with each game.
Wood hasn't really set the world on fire yet, has had a few chances but he looks too rushed, we look solid with him up front and the shoe seems to fit so far, hopefully more match time with the squad will see his game flourish.

Also, Antenucci's goal :D

Derby v Charlton might also be interesting as Charlton have started well and Derby wouldn't want to drop more points. MK Dons v Preston as two of the promoted League One clubs might also be interesting.

Charlton paying $6.00 for the win. Get on it!

Noticed that Leeds did not have a front-of-shirt sponsor in their game against Burnley - surely this is not deliberate?

It's complicated to say the least, but I'll give it a go...

Leeds were previously owned by a group called Gulf Finance House, who took %100 ownership of the club in 2012 from Ken Bates.

Our shirt sponsor, Enterprise Insurance, was apart of a syndicate called Sports Capital Group, a consortium featuring ex-Leeds managing director David Haigh and Andrew Flowers. They had plans to buy the club in 2014 but after 3 months the deal fell through.

The failure of that bid cleared the pathway for current owner Massimo Cellino, to buy a %75 stake in the club, the other %25 still belonging to Gulf Finance House.

So, Sports Capital (Sponsors group), accuses GFH of breaking the terms of the SPA by negotiating the sale of United to Cellino and the Italian’s UK firm, Eleonora Sport Limited, and launched a £33m claim for damages against Gulf Finance House over the collapse of its deal.

Hence, why you don't see them on the shirt this season.

Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion have signed forward Jamie Murphy from Sheffield United for an undisclosed fee.

No idea if that is good or bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burnley 2 - 2 Birmingham City
Notts Forest 2 - 1 Rotherham United
MK Dons 0 - 1 PNE
Bristol City 2 - 4 Brentford
Derby County 1 - 1 Charlton Athletic
Fulham 1 - 2 Brighton & Hove Albion
Huddersfield Town 1 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
Ipswich Town 2 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday
Middlesbrough 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Last edited:
Got to love the championship - two games in and only one side with 6 points while only 3 sides haven't picked up a point

We haven't played yet. ;)

Happy to take a draw at QPR, shattered I fell asleep around the 60th minute and we pinned two back!

Two points from two games, Blackburn away up next and I think I'd be happy with another point there.

Nice to see the leagues already looking even.

5 of our next 7 games are away games. What bullshit fixturing.

Super keen for tonight!! Makes me remember the last spell in the Championship where every televised fixture was a treasure.

Bein Sport is apparently televising our game with Charlton next weekend as well, so that's a win too! :D

Hull need to win to take the pressure off us.

Wolves would need to win 2-0 to go top.

Thought they won 2-0 in the first week as well, didn't realise it was 2-1.

Well, there's a big possibility that whoever wins will go top, so we'll see what happens. Don't think there's much pressure on Brighton. Be top of the table after 10 games and that'll change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back