2015/16 SkyBet Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably the best one I've seen: http://www.football365.com/news/hull-empty-seats-ask-yourself-why

This one also points the finger at the owners: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-club-s-big-day-overshadowed-mass-seats.html

Another national paper who are very clear about who is to blame: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...effield-wednesday-s-trip-to-wembley-1-7937380

etc. etc.

I haven't seen a single article blaming the club itself (not entirely sure what you even meant by that as it's impossible to differentiate owners from the club) or the supporter base.
No it isn't. I have no idea who Wednesday's owners are but if the roles were reversed on the weekend, I'd have seen as it as a poor look for the club, not their owners.

I get there's protests and all the rest. I just don't know that game was the best one to boycott.

I wonder, if Allam stays on in the PL, will fans still boycott games next season?

No it isn't. I have no idea who Wednesday's owners are but if the roles were reversed on the weekend, I'd have seen as it as a poor look for the club, not their owners.

I get there's protests and all the rest. I just don't know that game was the best one to boycott.

I wonder, if Allam stays on in the PL, will fans still boycott games next season?

My point in the bold was - what do you define as the club and what as the owners? Are you saying if Wednesday hadn't sold out you'd say "Boy that reflects poorly on what that club has achieved in its history"? Or do you say "Boy they have done a terrible job marketing this game and selling tickets"? The latter is at the directive of the owners, so...

It's not about boycotting this one game mate. It's about people not going all season and refusing to turn up for one game just because it's a "day out".

Of course they will. The seats will still be filled by people who want to go watch PL football though.

People have been boycotting since last season (when we were still in the PL).

I think it looked like a bad reflection on Hull - like they are not a club with a big following. Obviously as SM has explained there are reasons behind it, but unfortunately for Hull the casual, neutral fan watching isn't going to know that background and context and would have gone away thinking Hull are a small time club.

The important thing though is they are back in the prem, and perhaps now the owner will sell as he can get a better price and the club can move forward

Which is why I've made a point of highlighting all national papers who have written about the crowd - and not one of them has said "What a tinpot club Hull is" they've all highlighted the reason behind it. Sure some dickheads will make the point that we're a small club or whatever, but I just wish we had an identical occasion within the last 10 years to point to the fact we do have the supporter base to sell out Wembley... ;)

Yep, they should hopefully be selling up within two weeks. If the new owners re-engage the fans we will be buzzing and bouncing into next season.

That's the issue though, some people don't want to look fair weather like that. Being principled is easy when you're forgoing trips to Brentford and Preston North End, but you show your true colours when it comes to games at Wembley.

Oh for sure, as a neutral it looks crap. As a Hull supporter though, knowing the context, it didn't bother me in the slightest though. If they'd been able to segregate us properly and give Wednesday the extra seats I'd have been all for it.
Yeah I was thinking this as well. Giving those extra seats to Wednesday would've been good although I don't know how far out from the game they would've needed to organise it.

I don't think you'd technically call it a boycott. More the case a lot of families have been priced out of attending. Not sure if a lot of it is voulantary. Hull doesn't have a big supporter base as it is.

I don't think you'd technically call it a boycott. More the case a lot of families have been priced out of attending. Not sure if a lot of it is voulantary. Hull doesn't have a big supporter base as it is.

While probably true for some, I know a lot who stayed away intentionally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back