Worst area you have been to?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pines - Franskton :straining:
Yeah, fair call. The shopping centre in Doncaster East isn't a stellar place by any means, in fact it's exceedingly mediocre. But it's not exactly horrific either.

Agree on Dallas. Horrible place. Same with Coolaroo and Meadow Heights. Broadmeadows has the bad name but it's far better than those places.

Yeh I thought you were talking about The Pines shopping centre where I go most weeks. Average shopping centre and never seen anything untoward happen. In fact I've safely left my car there overnight a few times

I'd probably say my wife's home city of Wenzhou, China.

There's nothing particularly dangerous or depressing about it. It's just an incredibly crowded, noisy, dirty, dusty, rude, chaotic, overwhelming city. Even other Chinese (who are used to dusty, noisy, crowded, chaotic cities) find Wenzhou very hard to take. It's kind of like all the bad stereotypes of Asian cities rolled into one.

Young back-packers would probably love it as a "complete cultural immersion" or some such thing. And yes, it's all part of the "adventure" of visiting different places. But in my mid 30s with a young child, it always leaves me drained and frazzled.

There's some incredibly shitty parts of European cities. Molenbeek in Brussels takes some beating.

And yes, mock away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the worst area you have ever been to you obviously haven't been to many places
Think of it this way. If you want to live somewhere in ballarat stay away from wendouree. There are lots of criminals that live that way. Some of them come a knocking on your windows and exposing themselves.

Think of it this way. If you want to live somewhere in ballarat stay away from wendouree. There are lots of criminals that live that way. Some of them come a knocking on your windows and exposing themselves.
I know Wendouree well, all of my family live in Ballarat or within half an hour of it. Some live in Wendouree so I have visited the ever since I was a kid in the 90's, I don't find it to be that bad

Izmir in Turkey was pretty dumpy, crowded and seemed a little seedy.

But as far as shady and potentially dangerous, Bakersfield in California takes the cake. Was there for a couple of days and had a couple of pretty full on scary experiences

I know Wendouree well, all of my family live in Ballarat or within half an hour of it. Some live in Wendouree so I have visited the ever since I was a kid in the 90's, I don't find it to be that bad
Did you live in the wendouree west side of town or the nicer part of wendouree? By that were you close to stockland wendouree or around the lake?
I was near stockland wendouree.

Did you live in the wendouree west side of town or the nicer part of wendouree? By that were you close to stockland wendouree or around the lake?
I was near stockland wendouree.
I didn't live there, but I stayed regularly about two streets behind the shopping centre, near the massive park. The street name escapes me, but funnily enough as a kid my grandparents lived next door to John Northys dad and a few houses down from Mick Malthouses parents

St louis obisbo on the way to sanfrancisco the roadhouse where my parents and i stayed was the worst motel.
We were told just after we rocked up that we were late. They gave us the worst room possible. And the staff were rude to us.

Most depressing places Ive been

Elizabeth, Adelaide
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Port Hedland, WA
Newman, WA
Olympic Dam, SA
Karratha, WA
Roy Hill Minesite, WA
Altona, Melbourne
Noble Park, Melbourne
Kwinana shopping centre, Perth
Midland train station, Perth
Maddington shopping centre, Perth

Most depressing places Ive been

Elizabeth, Adelaide
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Port Hedland, WA
Newman, WA
Olympic Dam, SA
Karratha, WA
Roy Hill Minesite, WA
Altona, Melbourne
Noble Park, Melbourne
Kwinana shopping centre, Perth
Midland train station, Perth
Maddington shopping centre, Perth
Agree with Port Headland, but Altona wtf?

When did you go there? It's not to bad at all. I think your mistaking it for Laverton

Dortmund, Germany is all round miserable. A grey, bleak industrial town surrounded by nothing but arterial roads and smog. The people are about as friendly as you would expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back