Preview Geelong Cats Vs Collingwood Magpies MCG Friday Aug 28 7:50 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having done ourselves NO favours last week, we front the Pies. Could Dan Menzel make his ALl return?
Could he give Swanny another footy highlight?

Does anyone ever care anymore!?!

Of course we do... it the Cats v the Pies...

Talk it up here..

Go Catters

Ins: Menzel, Duncan/Gore (depending on Duncan's calf)
Outs: Gregson (rested, sorry just looks tired), Caddy (depending on the status of his knee) otherwise it may be Lang for a rest

Cockatoo looks exciting enough to give him a full game; he has been a spark when he has come on the past 2 weeks so it would be good to see how he goes given the opportunity to start a match and actually play up forward, none of the crap from the Sydney match where we started him in defense.

Bartel for sub - his form is up & down, I think he can still have a positive impact for the club this season but coming off the bench may be the best way to go about that.

I think they'll look at Kersten again after today's VFL and Walker's non-event last night.

Walker did himself no favours last night. His kicking hasn't been great the last couple of weeks, he has always kicked it high but he has been really off target; and I don't remember him rucking at any stage last night. If Walker does keep his spot for the match he needs to have a presence, and that's not necessarily about kicking 3 or 4 goals, but getting involved and making his opponent accountable.

If Kersten pulls up ok from the VFL he might be in with a shot, but hardest part for any of the guys who played VFL today is we play on Friday night so its only a 5 day turn around, which might see some guys on the fringe keep their spots ahead of those who played today, unless they make way for someone returning from injury or an additional weeks break.

Walker did himself no favours last night. His kicking hasn't been great the last couple of weeks, he has always kicked it high but he has been really off target; and I don't remember him rucking at any stage last night. If Walker does keep his spot for the match he needs to have a presence, and that's not necessarily about kicking 3 or 4 goals, but getting involved and making his opponent accountable.

If Kersten pulls up ok from the VFL he might be in with a shot, but hardest part for any of the guys who played VFL today is we play on Friday night so its only a 5 day turn around, which might see some guys on the fringe keep their spots ahead of those who played today, unless they make way for someone returning from injury or an additional weeks break.
Good point. I'm also factoring in the apparent regard that Walker and Kersten are held in.

Well season officially on the line, the Crows will be watching hoping we heck up and then the pressure is off them as well...

Pies in awful awful touch and should be absolutely breathing fire after a belting.

We should win... but hell we SHOULD have won going into last night as well.

Menz hopefully to make his long awaited return, and the old blokes to get a serious foot up the arse during the week.

I reckon Scotty would have tore strips off them last night.

Won't matter who comes in if we play that soft, lazy, undisciplined footy.
Whoever plays needs to be ruthless at the ball and player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cockatoo starts as sub again I'll scream.

Cockatoo Bird Sounds - Soundboard.com - Free Sounds & More

schreeuw.jpg

I'm staggered at the lack of understanding some posters have. Staggered. Vardy is a ruckman. He was sensational last night considering it was his first week back. When interviewed he's been clear that his role Is as a ruck.

As far as changes - chris Scott is on record as saying they won't be playing a vfl player off of a 5 day break. So Inclusions will Come from listed players who DIDNT play VFL.

Stokes. Smedts. Menzel. Clark.

My guess is -

Stokes in for Caddy
Menzel in for walker
Smedts in for bews

I'm staggered at the lack of understanding some posters have. Staggered. Vardy is a ruckman. He was sensational last night considering it was his first week back. When interviewed he's been clear that his role Is as a ruck.

As far as changes - chris Scott is on record as saying they won't be playing a vfl player off of a 5 day break. So Inclusions will Come from listed players who DIDNT play VFL.

Stokes. Smedts. Menzel. Clark.

My guess is -

Stokes in for Caddy
Menzel in for walker
Smedts in for bews
You sure Duncan not up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back