Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony HamiltonAnd then last night I go to bed and there clogging up the SEN airways was that Neanderthal imbecile Stephen J Peake (spelt *******) with Finey taking the piss out of him at every opportunity. Needless to say the OFF button was hit.

Wake up SEN.

Reinstate Shebechstar!!!

Offload Peake

What's casual Friday like now Rita is on 3AW?
I miss the old days when Rita was a nobody and I could enjoy her ramblings. Her bitching about whatever these days just doesn't resonate with me the same :(

I miss the old days when Rita was a nobody and I could enjoy her ramblings. Her bitching about whatever these days just doesn't resonate with me the same :(

There's an old saying.
If you let them grab a finger, they'll take the arm.
Rita's clearly yanked the arm and taken the whole body.

This feminutter's lost the plot.

No better or worse, in my opinion. Today I think O'Donnell was there, too.
It's podcast. It's the 5th one down the list at the moment.
http://www.sen.com.au/audio

It's now called Harf Way House

The first time O'Donnell was on about a month ago he was unleashing zingers every minute, trying to steal the show. Wonder if he's settled in a little better this time around.

I can't believe I've only just discovered this thread; I've been listening to SEN on and off for the last eight or nine years. I figured something like this would be on the Fourth Estate board.

The commentary team were interviewing Brendon Gale this morning and referred to him swearing last time he was on, what did he say?! Was it good?

Also I can't believe it but I actually tolerate - dare I say it enjoy - Hutchy on a Saturday morning. He's a buffoon on Footy Classified but I like the way he operates on radio. Maybe it's just because I'm a huge Turfy fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I can't believe it but I actually tolerate - dare I say it enjoy - Hutchy on a Saturday morning. He's a buffoon on Footy Classified but I like the way he operates on radio. Maybe it's just because I'm a huge Turfy fan.

....or maybe we just can't see his head!;)

The first time O'Donnell was on about a month ago he was unleashing zingers every minute, trying to steal the show. Wonder if he's settled in a little better this time around.

I can't believe I've only just discovered this thread; I've been listening to SEN on and off for the last eight or nine years. I figured something like this would be on the Fourth Estate board.

The commentary team were interviewing Brendon Gale this morning and referred to him swearing last time he was on, what did he say?! Was it good?

I don't watch Footy Classified as I can't stand Caroline Wilson but I don't mind Hutchy on the radio either. Unfortunately I can no longer tolerate Pickering so not even Turfie can induce me to listen to Off the Bench anymore.

Was it because he was laying s**t into Jono Brown?

I realize that tipping is very tricky, and it's easy to pot blokes after the event, but it's kinda funny hearing the previews after the game: :D

David King said that the Collingwood vs Richmond game will be decided by less than a goal, either way. Robbo tipped The Pies. Matthew Lloyd was adamant that Hawthorn would beat Port at least 10 goals.

Last edited:
I realize that tipping is very tricky, and it's easy to pot blokes after the event, but it's kinda funny hearing the previews after the game: :D

David King said that the Collingwood vs Richmond game will be decided by less than a goal, either way. Robbo tipped The Pies. Matthew Lloyd was adamant that Hawthorn would beat Port at least 10 goals.

It can be a difficult sport to predict, as you say, but I do often wonder about the complete lack of accountability of these so called football "experts".

I mean, someone like King or Lloyd, theoretically, could tip every game wrong and by a long way, and would anybody except people who can be bothered keeping track of such a thing ever really know? The most that would happen, if it were ever pointed out, is that everyone, including these experts, would just laugh it off and put it down to the alleged unpredictability of the game. So what would it take for these blokes' status as football "experts" to be eroded?

In others spheres of life, you wouldn't survive if you kept making outrageously incorrect predictions. So why is football any different?

It can be a difficult sport to predict, as you say, but I do often wonder about the complete lack of accountability of these so called football "experts". I mean, someone like King or Lloyd, theoretically, could tip every game wrong and by a long way, and would anybody except people who can be bothered keeping track of such a thing ever really know? The most that would happen, if it were ever pointed out, is that everyone, including these experts, would just laugh it off and put it down to the alleged unpredictability of the game. So what would it take for these blokes' status as football "experts" to be eroded?
It reminds me a bit of the Simpsons episode where Lisa helps Homer gamble on the NFL. :p

The 'expert' tips Miami to win, saying: "in fact, I hereby declare Miami to be Smooth Jimmy's 'Lock of the Week'." Homer puts his dough on Miami, and they lose, then, as Homer's crying about the money after the game, Smooth Jimmy laughs it off with, "ah well, if you're right 52% of time, then you have to be wrong 48% of the time."

Homer: "Oh! Why didn't you say that before the game?"

Last edited:
Sounds reasonable to me :cool:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back