List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think yarran just wants out of Carlton not Victoria . If he stayed at Carlton he would have to go through his third rebuild and third coach .
If a contending team in Victoria like Richmond , kangas or bullies offered him good money he would stay .
But he is also contracted and Carlton would have no PSD leverage against them . So a top 20 pick would have to be on the table . No chance of them getting bent over .

Jetta has just as good a contested game as yarran and lays more tackles . But for some reason people don't see this .
IMO jetta would be just as good an addition for the next 3 years as yarran without the baggage and price tag .

Yarran is poorly coached and has the size and physicality to do much much more. He's been played behind the ball most of his career, and that's where there is less contested ball when he's played towards that bias. Jetta plays wing and half forward and perpetually runs into traffic.

Expecting Simpson to extract more from Jetta than Sydney have is an unreasonable expectation IMO.

Jetta isn't a good tackler, it shows work rate rather than effectiveness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see us retaining McGinnity. Purely from an age and talent perspective he's fallen out of the position of even depth. Expecting him to repeat his limited 2015 opportunities in 2016 is being generous. We did it Dalziell and we should do it to Patty. This should be relatively straight forward decision because Simmon isn't Woosha.

I'd move one player up from and one player down to the rookie list to replace possible? (Newman) then take three in the National Draft. This gives our kids another year to develop before the 2016 draft which looks substantially stronger than this years.

Out: Waters (ret), Selwood (FA), McGinnity (delist), Main/ Karpany (Rookie)

In: 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, compo pick and Newman.

Newman is incredibly lucky he is talented. Someone like Tunbridge, Main, McGinnity, Powell wouldn't be retained in the same circumstances.
True that. Very interested to see how he goes playing at Adelaide oval.
Place has no pockets, hence all of the out on the fulls and Eddie's goals.

Like to see him get a full game.

Yarran's not having meetings at punt road for nothing.

Bennell will stay at GC

We'll end up maybe with Jetta,
It's all that's left on the table and for a 2nd rounder I'd be ok with it.

People forget we have so much talent in cavka, waterman etc in waiting that will end up leaving if we have too many kids stockpiled.

with the rumours of Tippett to Brisbane and Sam Reid to pies. Id say Goodes wont have long left and big injury cloud surrounding Buddy they would want some talls and pay them half as much as what Tippett was getting.
Look at a Lycett or Brown involved in Trade. They want a ruck been rumoured the Berger but i dont think hes that good anymore. Lycett strung a couple games together and possibly interested Sydney. We just need to rookie a WAFL ruckman we have a pretty good eye for rucks id say. Brown will be surplus next year. Emac and Schofa the main 2. Guvs as swingman and injury cover. Got Shep playing tall this year. Ellis, Hurn and Welli are the other 4 in defence. If Guvs had to go back in the event of a defender being injured and a fwd went down we got Lamb and Mcinnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see us getting Jetta for anything other than a first rounder. And that s**t right there is paying overs.

So no. **** that noise.
I wouldn't like to see him go but would Sydney have any interest in Brown?
Richards looks to be on a downward slope, Grundy isn't far off 30 and they'll be looking to keep their premiership window open while Buddy and Tippett are around.
Obviously his knee complicates things, but I could definitely see Sydney angling for a key defender come the end of the season.

I don't see us retaining McGinnity. Purely from an age and talent perspective he's fallen out of the position of even depth. Expecting him to repeat his limited 2015 opportunities in 2016 is being generous. We did it Dalziell and we should do it to Patty. This should be relatively straight forward decision because Simmon isn't Woosha.

I'd move one player up from and one player down to the rookie list to replace possible? (Newman) then take three in the National Draft. This gives our kids another year to develop before the 2016 draft which looks substantially stronger than this years.

Agreed. Very light Draft this year. Slash to be minimum. Next year more of a cut for a very good Draft group.
On the jetta trade possibility. Even our first round this year will be so late that yes I'd like to take a gamble on Jets. Better than Pearce from freo and to be fair he has been very good for freo

I'd like the first three around our pick.

Clarke sounds reasonably quick with solid potential as an inside/outside midfielder who can generally hit targets, although his kicking technique is a little scrappy, it can definitely be fine tuned and improved.

Riley Bonner sounds like he has a lot of potential, a beautiful penetrating left kick and a very good right kick, supposedly the best disposal in the draft. Also quick and tall at 191cm, but doesn't have much scope as a midfielder. Potentially a winger but I'm not sure he has the ability to become a more rounded midfielder, really lacks an inside game and as a defender lacks an intercept and 3rd tall ability, so that would definitely need to be worked on as he's not tall enough to be playing 2nd or 3rd defender. Definitely a lot of potential though and hopefully as he fills out he can build a contested game.

Wayne Milera I really like, could be absolutely anything, although he doesn't have a set position. You can play him as a HFF, but he doesn't win much of his own footy and doesn't generally get too much of it, but he's a nice user of the footy and has super spatial awareness and evasiveness. Can play him as a small forward but generally doesn't have any volume to his goal kicking, averaging around a goal a game. Both of these can be worked on, and his raw attributes are very unique and appealing. A lot to work with and could be something special so I'd like this pick.

Jade Gresham I think is a good pick, although not a first rounder for mine. Lacks height, so won't have a strong inside game against the big boys but I think he can certainly hold his own. The main thing for me is his kicking. It's not damaging at all, he's like Priddis in that he can accumulate and his disposal isn't amazing, but he's nowhere near as strong and I dont think he has the scope to be, whereas his kicking could improve, the other three are much preferred options for me, with more x-factor and potential. Would like him with anything around our 2nd - 3rd rounder. I prefer Snelling, stronger build with better disposal and similar attributes but it comes down to person preference.

some stats for Clarke and Gresham on weekend
Jade Gresham--- 42 disposals, 2 goals , 2 tackles, 9 marks, 10 HB receives

Ryan Clarke--- 45 disposals, 3 goals, 18 HB receives, 11 marks, 5 tackles

Where do you see F/s Matera fitting in , Draft or Rookie

Last edited:
Yarran's not having meetings at punt road for nothing.

Bennell will stay at GC

We'll end up maybe with Jetta,
It's all that's left on the table and for a 2nd rounder I'd be ok with it.

People forget we have so much talent in cavka, waterman etc in waiting that will end up leaving if we have too many kids stockpiled.

Cavka and Waterman have barely got on the park this year. Would be a bit rich for them to be making trade demands.

some stats for Clarke and Gresham on weekend
Jade Gresham--- 42 disposals, 2 goals 2, 2 tackles, 9 marks, 10 HB receives

Ryan Clarke--- 45 disposals, 3 goals, 18 HB receives, 11 marks, 5 tackles

Where do you see F/s Matera fitting in , Draft or Rookie

I think Jade Gresham should be considered with our first. A bit small but would fit our side and gameplan.

After a high finish, FA compo picks, previous year compo and possible priority picks, our second rounder is going to be about 35ish, probably later. That won't land Jetta unless he nominates us and we play hardball (which we should). I'd have no problems with getting him for that (plus a player we dont want to get it over the line if necessary), or not getting him at all. Not paying a first-rounder though.

I actually think that his offensive front-running style will complement our team as it (hopefully) has a strong and successful 2-3 years.

Fremantle might delist Morabito this year and if he wants to continue his AFL career we could be his best bet; any thoughts on picking him up with a late pick or as a rookie? Very high risk I know given his 3 knee reconstructions. However, he is still young and provided he stays injury free it could be well worth the risk considering we are not giving up much.

Fremantle might delist Morabito this year and if he wants to continue his AFL career we could be his best bet; any thoughts on picking him up with a late pick or as a rookie? Very high risk I know given his 3 knee reconstructions. However, he is still young and provided he stays injury free it could be well worth the risk considering we are not giving up much.

Rookie only.

Thanks but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back