List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Melbourne and Jake Carlisle have mutual interest, could we see Carlisle in the Blue and White next season.

Players North Melbourne will also target in the off-season:
- Steven Motlop (Geelong)
- Chris Yarran (Carlton)
- Tom Bell (Carlton)
- Lewis Jetta (Sydney)

North Melbourne and Jake Carlisle have mutual interest, could we see Carlisle in the Blue and White next season.

- Chris Yarran (Carlton)
- Tom Bell (Carlton)
- Lewis Jetta (Sydney)

where u pluck Jetta and Bell from?

Haha. Think everyone on this board has an opinion on who that may be, but I am confident the sacrifice won't be TOO large. All players are out of contract that we're targeting, so the ball is in our court. We won't force to the PSD because it's too damaging to business relationships we might need down the line, but it's a nice threat to have in the arsenal if we want things resolved quicker.

I am certain this will be dragged out for two weeks by Dodoro and others, but it shall be worth it if we come home with the goods.
I'm confidant in our list strategy and recruitment guys. Whos ever blood is spilt, no matter how big or small the name. I believe it'll end up be the right call.

Would a coach publicly name Carlisle if he wasnt very confident of getting him?
Yes! Love the fact that Scott got on the front foot and said what he said, it certainly doesn't hinder our chances of getting him, but, he may not choose North as his preferred destination..remember there's still 7 weeks before the trade period starts!

- Chris Yarran (Carlton)
- Tom Bell (Carlton)
- Lewis Jetta (Sydney)

Why the **** would we need Tom Bell?

Every other year I haven't been confident in luring a big fish. But in the position the club sits and the way waite and higgins were able to reinvigorate their performances and bodies - I think they have been a terrific advert for other players considering moving on. I'm confident this pre season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of their depth is untested at a level higher than Melb suburban footy. It's valued on the number of the draft pick they were taken.

Well, yeah. Also, they're dominating the other AFL reserves sides in the NEAFL.

Carlisle in, which tall do we trade out? Would the bombers take 1st round pick plus Currie. They are screaming for a ruckman and Currie is as good as half the starting current AFL ruckmen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

When was the last time we targeted an opposition jet and got the job done? (ignoring NDS/Waite as in final years, and Higgins with massive injury cloud - i'm talking hot property gun with multiple suitors)

Is it back to Nathan Thompson or Colbert? Further back?

I'd be stoked to get Treloar, Carlisle or Motlop (or a combo if possible) but i'm far from confident we can get them. More likely we get Yarran or some other on the outer fringe type we give a second chance to, love to be wrong though.

Would a coach publicly name Carlisle if he wasnt very confident of getting him?

The comments in print look a lot more convincing than watching the video (it's almost like he was caught off guard re: Carlisle), but it was interesting that he played a completely straight bat to Motlop and Treloar. I reckon we're deep in Carlisle and still interested in the other two, but are unlikely to land them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back