Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but he did coach it, better than MM on that day as I recall, but he's definately coached a premiership side. As stated.
Coached a Geelong team in his first year to a premiership against an almost invincible Collingwood team that was averaging 40 point wins against every other team in the competition. So how is Chris Scott overrated? Anybody who listened to Scott's press conference after the match last night would go away thinking Scott is anything but overrated as a coach.

Coached a Geelong team in his first year to a premiership against an almost invincible Collingwood team that was averaging 40 point wins against every other team in the competition. So how is Chris Scott overrated? Anybody who listened to Scott's press conference after the match last night would go away thinking Scott is anything but overrated as a coach.

My probably was about him not building the side, not his overrated-ness at his coaching ability.

We had one piss poor game last week and a great win last night over a team we haven't beaten before under the guidance of Buckley. But some people only want to gripe about the losses.

We beat them in both 2012 and 2013.

I think Chris and Brad Scott are rubbish coaches.

Although it was a great win last night I wouldn't be sticking it up the Buckley haters and telling they are wrong yet.

I think Adams is really starting to become an A grade midfielder. He has been one of the shining lights this year.Yes he knows he needs to work on his kicking, but hes physical presence is really starting to make opposition players fear him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan will ve at the helm far beyond 2016
All the clubs power people have him as coach, believe in him, trust his plan etc
He'll be our next premiership coach
Captained by pendlebury too

Interesting that this thread slipped off the first page after a win.

We played on Fri night like we played in the first half of the season.

It served as a reminder that we're a good side when we're on song.

What have I learnt from this year? We play a brand of footy that matches it with the best teams in the comp, and more often than not, easily takes care of average sides.

We play like Fri night more consistently in 2016, with the added maturity, experience and skills to clench the close games, and we'll be in the finals next year.

I just like Buckley, he is going in the right direction.
He knows where he wants to go.
I like where he wants to go.

we are on the right path just for some it has to be instant or the coach is not up to it.
other just want buckley gone no matter what. the rest like me can see the wood from the trees
and wait for success to come and not to go up and down from week to week depending on the result.
just like the club does.

I think Chris and Brad Scott are rubbish coaches.

Although it was a great win last night I wouldn't be sticking it up the Buckley haters and telling they are wrong yet.
They only get lumped together becaue they are brothers/twins. Chris inherited what Buckley did and played his role better to win a flag. They are probably on a par now but flags don't get taken back.

They only get lumped together becaue they are brothers/twins. Chris inherited what Buckley did and played his role better to win a flag. They are probably on a par now but flags don't get taken back.
Ahem, Chris' list was a lot better than what Nathan got.
Nathan got a fine list yes, but after 2012 he knew that list was creaking, he could have tread water lime geelong, patched up the list but stay 4-8 but not challenge.
He decided to chase a flag.

Heard from a very good source a few days ago that we will extend Buckley's contract during the off season.

Pretty silly and premature imho.

Having your coach on an expiring contract is a very undesirable situation as media speculation would be rife which has a detrimental effect on team morale.

If things go pear shaped in a very bad way we could easily pay him out but I'm on board the Bucks train, I like where we are heading so an extension is warranted. We arent as far off as ladder indicates.

if chris scott is any good, he'll have them back in the finals next year or i'd kick him out.... they didnt seem to be playing for him on friday night. He seemed awfully slow in making some moves that would turn the game around. Keeping that Menzel guy on the list might seem like a good move now but he must be a list clogger if he hasnt done anything for the last 4 years.

I was one who praised Bucks' bold selections going into the Hawks game (Moore and Maynard). In retrospect, 'bold' was possibly more like 'fool hardy'. More 'bold' selections were also made in following weeks.

Did the selections cost us games? Possibly. But as always, we didn't have access to all the information which led to the selections. There is a bigger plan, to get game time into the kids, and expose them to the best in the league. The old 'short term pain for long term gain'.

In our case, this was potentially at the cost of losing one or two extra games. But I doubt if the bold selections cost us more than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back