Autopsy Jack Redden Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

absolutely! I personally would like to offer up the services of one Tyson Goldsack, one Jarrad Blair, one Ben Kennedy and one Paul Seedsman for your James Aish and Jack Redden. That's 2 experienced hard nut premiership players plus 2 talented young up and comers for your two guys who don't want to play for you. deal or no deal?

Hypothetical trades thread dude.

P.S. No. Ridiculous trade suggestion.

it is.. and personally I think it's be a win win for both clubs.

Pretty crappy way to behave an another team's board on the night some bad news has been announced.

If you have a quick look over on our board doodles is the only poster that feels sorry for you and wants you to succeed as a club
He is serious
I wouldn't say I feel sorry for Brisbane.. just I don't want you guys to keep failing. I believe you're an important part of the AFL and you definitely have it harder than the heartland clubs. I actually do think that's a good deal. You get 2 experienced hard nut players who give it their all and 2 talented kids. By my reckoning you are getting 4 best 22 players for our 2 fringe 22 players (Redden and Aish)... and we'd be happy with that too.

Laughable isn't it!

The one thing that concerns me about this from a playing perspective is the balance of the midfield. Redden is a more defensive midfielder where as the majority of our mids inckuding the recent additions are VERY attack minded.

Just a reminder, we have a thread for hypothetical trade suggestions and it's probably the best option for opposition supporters who have trade schemes to run by us. Trying to keep this thread based more in reality.

ok apologies.. I'll go now

Even if Brisbane were stupidly willing to load up on Collingwood VFL players, do you really think Collingwood is going to convince four players at once to move to the wooden spooner on a football frontier?

C'mon man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for Brisbane.. just I don't want you guys to keep failing. I believe you're an important part of the AFL and you definitely have it harder than the heartland clubs. I actually do think that's a good deal. You get 2 experienced hard nut players who give it their all and 2 talented kids. By my reckoning you are getting 4 best 22 players for our 2 fringe 22 players (Redden and Aish)... and we'd be happy with that too.

Mate your kidding yourself. 3 reserves players and jarred Blair a very average defensive small forward who doesn't average a goal a game. We might be bottom of the ladder but we aren't desperate for scraps.

Kennedy and Seedsman must be decent chances of delisting this season. Goldsack looks like doing a maxwell and falling out of the team and off the list very quickly. Blair worse player in his position than 4 guys on our list who we already struggle to squeeze into our best 22. (Green, taylor, christensen, zorko

Even if Brisbane were stupidly willing to load up on Collingwood VFL players, do you really think Collingwood is going to convince four players at once to move to the wooden spooner on a football frontier?

C'mon man.
They are all senior standard players and Ed can be very persuasive so I've heard.

Just lol @ some of the excuses in this thread. Redden is one of our premier midfielders and had an entire season plagued with injurys. We just lost one of our best players.

Man, it hasn't taken Free Agency long to totally destroy this league and just ruin clubs. Feel for you guys, it shouldn't be playing out like this.

AFL needs to look quick smart at Free Agency and how you can't take a little from "column A" without taking at least something from "Column B"

NBA has free agency, but it also gives clubs the right to trade players to any location they want, without a players consent. At least in this scenario, when a player "Demands" a trade - the club has leverage with who they choose to deal with - it also means players think twice about doing so as they have to consider the club could possibly trade them to Adelaide or GWS, & not their preferred Melbourne location.

The other thing the NBA has is the rookies are signed up to a 2 year rookie contract, with the CLUB having an option for an additional 2 years at a price which is approximately doubled. The amount of rookie or sophomore players leaving Brisbane is a joke & the league needs to put measures in place before your club is on life support.

Our current core midfield group. Roughly ranked by form/importance atm (excluded Aish and Leuey). Really am not going to lose sleep over this.

Beams 25
Rockliff 25
Martin 28
Hanley 26
Zorko 26
Christensen 23
Rich 25
Robinson 25
Mayes 21
Redden 25
Taylor 20
Robertson 20

Future Midfield potential: Dawson, C. Beams, Green, McGrath

Incoming: Keays, Allison, potential midfielders from other clubs

Last edited:
They are all senior standard players and Ed can be very persuasive so I've heard.

Blair and Kennedy are short people. We've got them covered by superior short people in Zorko, Taylor, Green and Christensen.

Our current core midfield group. Roughly ranked by form/importance atm (excluded Aish and Leuey). Really am not going to lose sleep over this.

Beams 25
Rockliff 25
Martin 28
Christensen 23
Hanley 26
Zorko 26
Rich 25
Robinson 25
Mayes 21
Redden 25
Taylor 20
Robertson 20

Future Midfield potential: Dawson, C. Beams, Green, McGrath

Incoming: Keays, Allison, potential midfielders from other clubs

Obviously we could easily cover Reddens loss, although a fit redden is far superior to any of our other alternatives. The problem is, we're a poorly run club who can barely win 3 games in a season and are about to face another mass exodus.

We're losing. Aish, Luey, Redden and Adcock (delisted). We can't replace that talent, and the kids who we do bring in will take years to develop, which means more years down the bottom, which means more players will leave this club to find success elsewhere.

We're in a hole so deep that the only way out of this is for the AFL to take control personal of this club and to allow us some sort of retention allowance or something that will stop the bleeding. Until then, expect nothing. Because the players we're losing are better than the players that we're bringing in.

C'mon man.
To be fair, you're closer to a premiership than us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back