Autopsy Jack Redden Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely no way we will except a mid-20's pick for Jack. Why on earth would we?

He's contracted, we'd just keep him for another year, hope to convince him to stay and if he did leave we'd get something in the 20's as compo anyway

Because the club doesn't rate him and would prefer that pick in the 20s this year.

Fremantle offered less to Brisbane than West Coast. You should write a letter to your club and tell them to get stuffed I guess?
The harsh reality of a business/competition means that clubs will and do take advantage of these situations. Surely this scenario repeating itself is an indictment on Brisbane and not the clubs benefiting from it?

You're blaming the vultures for killing the zebra.
The harsh reality of a business/competition also means clubs have long memories and when one trade happens because of those types of circumstances and in the next one those circumstances don't exist there will be some comeuppance.

redden has been linked to west coast but he's contracted. We're not going to let him go for less than he's worth to us. Apparently a club (likely yours) has offered big money to him which also suggests he's valuable and the club losing him should be well compensated.

Summing it up, your first round pick or GTFO.

And by the way - more players wanting to leave the club for unrelated reasons isn't an indictment on Brisbane or anyone, just highlights we have much larger challenges in retaining players for a number of reasons that have been discussed in great detail. Coming here with that type of attitude and you're not going to be well received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it likely the two issues spoken of are related. Leppa doesn't rate Redden as highly as he has been rated in the past and has flagged either a pay cut or no pay increase and Redden wants more so he seeks out. If they don't get on, that just seals it.

I read it as money isn't Redden's issue.
I read it as money is a good portion of it. Rocky jokingly saying he would swap but obviously he cant and the lions arent willing to pay him what rocky gets paid. Im trying not to read to far into it. I just want the club to be able to turn redden and aish into Motlop. Would be a good get for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the people suggesting this is about the money, this article, says:

"Redden stressed that he was not homesick and was not chasing more money."

P.S. Best of luck in 2016 & I hope you get a PP.
Yeah cause coming out and saying that you just want more coin is the common thing to do.

Yeah cause coming out and saying that you just want more coin is the common thing to do.

With respect, I would suggest it's just as likely that he doesn't want to say he's leaving for a more private reason.

Incidentally (and please don't shoot the messenger here) but if you listen to the AFL Exchange podcast from the 26th of August the following dialogue occurs between the two presenters, who may or may not be full of s**t. I've been kind enough to type out the transcript for you.

Drew Lowther: What I will say is that Brisbane are shaping as the biggest out of season story at this stage.
Matt Thompson: Why, what's going to happen?
Drew Lowther: There are significant issues at Brisbane.
Matt Thompson: Both on and off the field?
Drew Lowther: Hmmm. Significant.
Matt Thompson: Is there a chance the coach might not be there?
Drew Lowther: Oh, there's always a chance the coach wont be there, at any club.... But I don't think that's imminent... But I think there's issues.

If a club that is far stronger than us offers him more money than we do you can't blame him for leaving.

If he ends up at Carlton then it was obviously about the money but if he ends up at West Coast or the Crows then it's hard to pin point the exact reason.

I don't mind Terry Wallace. But he is living in dream land if he thinks Redden is only worth a late second round pick. 7 years in the system - 124 games ready made mid. No way we take a late second round for Redden.

Also is it just me or why is it Redden decided he wants to leave and all of a sudden and within a minute of the announcement the Eagles are into him. They have been into him all season i bet.

If a club that is far stronger than us offers him more money than we do you can't blame him for leaving.

If he ends up at Carlton then it was obviously about the money but if he ends up at West Coast or the Crows then it's hard to pin point the exact reason.

probably money and winning.

Rocky looked totally rattled in the interview yesterday. Spoke well but obviously hurting from this decision. Hard to tell exactly what the real reason is but like most things it is probably more complex than any one issue i.e. money, his role at the club, relationship with the coach, desire to win and possibly just wanting a change.

I don't begrudge Redden making the decision, it is obviously his choice and he has thought about it long and hard before deciding. I do think that turning him around would be difficult from this point.

Spin it anyway you like but Redden wanting out in these circumstance is a big problem for the club, especially Leppa. Not only does it open the door for more players who are tossing up similar decisions to leave, similar to what Yeo did by riding the wave out so to speak, but it continues the narrative that the Lions are not being able to keep their players.

Also is it just me or why is it Redden decided he wants to leave and all of a sudden and within a minute of the announcement the Eagles are into him. They have been into him all season i bet.

That wouldn't surprise me. Players could easily say I got a better offer so am leaving instead of how much they hate the club that gave them a start.

Lambo the savior has risen and suddenly all the Lions retention problems are fixed. You are all living in dreamland if you think that is the case.

Yeah just like Steel was going to fix the media Dept, and Leppa was going to galvanise the playing group and the new board would get us our new training facility.. Lambo is good, but.................

"No Quick fixes Mate, here?.... no quick fixes"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back