Autopsy Jack Redden Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets see how the post season draft and trade period work out for us before we start writing obituaries, a lot of people here getting worked up about stuff that hasn't even happened yet and is pure speculation.

I think people are well within their rights to be upset at the current state of affairs at this stage.

I think people are well within their rights to be upset at the current state of affairs at this stage.
So far the only facts we have are that Adcock has been shown the door and Redden has requested a trade. Everything else is southern media s**t stirring and pure speculation.

So far the only facts we have are that Adcock has been shown the door and Redden has requested a trade. Everything else is southern media s**t stirring and pure speculation.

Both Aish and Berger's alleged trades are more substantial than 's**t stirring' and 'pure speculation'.

And Aish and Leuey. But thats not all psycho was referring to. The past 10 years have amounted to nothing and have been bitterly disappointing (except maybe 09). I can understand that. I think people have a right to be upset and confused about whats going on.

I wouldn't discount some of the murmurs either. There could be a lot more we still don't know.

That is true, but lets see how things pan out before we get worked up and as I have mentioned in other threads who would have counted on Robinson, Christianson and Harris Andrews this time last year? Things can change quickly in this game.

I don't think he's upset, he is just stating the obvious. WCE got Yeo for significant under's due to the circumstances surrounding his departure.
Fremantle must have offered Brisbane even less if they didn't manage to land him. Brisbane probably got the best deal under the circumstance.

If Redden wants to leave because his career is stagnating fair enough I say. He should get us some good value at the trade table and it isnt 'go home' related thankfully. Didnt come across bitter and twisted in the article I just read.

I'm excited by what we can potentially get this year TBH, and I'm not going to hit the panic button until next season once I see what another preseason / draft and trade brings us.

Riding the wave.....

On the trade radio podcast tonight. Wallace said redden = late 20's pick. Compared him to what we got for Yeo and docherty and said you wouldn't think he's more valuable. Seems to have forgotten he is contracted and proven and still only 24. Anyway...

On the trade radio podcast tonight. Wallace said redden = late 20's pick. Compared him to what we got for Yeo and docherty and said you wouldn't think he's more valuable. Seems to have forgotten he is contracted and proven and still only 24. Anyway...
Trade radio has started already? :eek:

Freo fan upset they didn't take Yeo?

“Freo were on the scene but they weren’t as strong with their communication as the Eagles were at the time and didn’t seem as interested as much as the Eagles,” Yeo, who grew up a Dockers supporter, said.

Go away you pest. WCE paid nothing for a genuine star and you should feel very lucky. I am frustrated that players think they can just walk out on a club and not fulfill their contractual obligations.

I don't think he's upset, he is just stating the obvious. WCE got Yeo for significant under's due to the circumstances surrounding his departure.

Correct. I am more annoyed that players think they can just leave, or nominate a club and expect to get there. You can nominate the Eagles or Dockers, but if they low-ball the Lions then the Lions should tell them to get stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle offered less to Brisbane than West Coast. You should write a letter to your club and tell them to get stuffed I guess?
The harsh reality of a business/competition means that clubs will and do take advantage of these situations. Surely this scenario repeating itself is an indictment on Brisbane and not the clubs benefiting from it?

You're blaming the vultures for killing the zebra.

Fremantle offered less to Brisbane than West Coast. You should write a letter to your club and tell them to get stuffed I guess?
The harsh reality of a business/competition means that clubs will and do take advantage of these situations. Surely this scenario repeating itself is an indictment on Brisbane and not the clubs benefiting from it?

You're blaming the vultures for killing the zebra.

You're coming onto the Brisbane board and trying to tell our already distraught supporter base that we didn't get ripped off in the Yeo trade... Please go the WCE board and join in the 'How much will Hawthorn beat us by in week 1' thread instead.

You're coming onto the Brisbane board and trying to tell our already distraught supporter base that we didn't get ripped off in the Yeo trade... Please go the WCE board and join in the 'How much will Hawthorn beat us by in week 1' thread instead.
Yeah,have fun in the finals bro.......Wait,I wanna play finals too. s**t :(

Fremantle must have offered Brisbane even less if they didn't manage to land him. Brisbane probably got the best deal under the circumstance.

Fremantle only got involved enough to offer their second rounder (pick 37) when West Coast had dug their heels in on only offering their third rounder (pick 49). Once that had happened, West Coast upped their offer to a second rounder above Freo's and Fremantle lost interest.

Is it possible the "switch salaries" with rockliff was essentially an incentive to stay - that the money being offered isnt the issue, something else is (issue with the coach)?

I read it the other way - if Rocky could swap salaries he would, because Redden wants the extra money.

Is it possible the "switch salaries" with rockliff was essentially an incentive to stay - that the money being offered isnt the issue, something else is (issue with the coach)?

As is always the case, I'd say there are numerous issues across different areas of club life rather than a sole point of contention. But, the straw that broke the camel's back could well have been advice on the dollars front.

Absolutely no way we will except a mid-20's pick for Jack. Why on earth would we?

He's contracted, we'd just keep him for another year, hope to convince him to stay and if he did leave we'd get something in the 20's as compo anyway

Let him go obviously bringing in more mids last year has put him down the pecking order .

Lambo the savior has risen and suddenly all the Lions retention problems are fixed. You are all living in dreamland if you think that is the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back