Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no clash regarless of shorts.
https://www.facebook.com/nopowerrangers

Eh? Save the propaganda, the Hawks are wearing their home jumper this weekend and there will be no talk of Power Rangers. It's Hawthorn's home game.

I'm just asking whether you, and others, think it would be a fine visual perspective (and whether you'd support a Crows campaign) for Hawthorn to be in home jumper/white shorts and the Crows in home jumper/navy shorts.

Interesting one that I want to put past you guys for this week. Given previous match-ups, it's a 95% chance that Adelaide will be told to wear its shitty white clash kit on Friday night against the Hawthorn home (gold) jumper with brown shorts. For some ridiculous (likely AFL-imposed) reason, you guys wear your clash jumpers against each other when playing aware from home.

Now I can understand there may be a bit of a clash if you guys wore the gold jumper with brown shorts and the Crows wore their navy home jumper with white shorts. They are two 'lop-sided' kits. Light/dark vs light/dark.

But if the Hawks were to wear white shorts? Then Hawthorn can wear its home jumper and Adelaide can wear its home jumper too. Given the efforts in which the club (unfortunately unsuccessfully) pushed to not wear the power ranger jumper last week, would you agree with the Crows doing something similar this week?

Surely the below match-up would work just fine. #noclash

31698.jpg

133477.jpg
We'll wear our home kit (gold with brown stripes and brown shorts). If Adelaide want to wear their home kit or some combination of it then they're welcome to ask the AFL. But if the AFL deem it a clash with the home kit I described then Adelaide can wear their clash kit because we shouldn't have to wear anything else.

I had the same opinion on us applying to not wear our clash last week and accepted the AFL decision with little to no complaint.

We'll wear our home kit (gold with brown stripes and brown shorts). If Adelaide want to wear their home kit or some combination of it then they're welcome to ask the AFL. But if the AFL deem it a clash with the home kit I described then Adelaide can wear their clash kit because we shouldn't have to wear anything else.

I had the same opinion on us applying to not wear our clash last week and accepted the AFL decision with little to no complaint.

And rightly so. Although I think the notion of 'home kit' is a little muddied these days. If it hasn't already, I think 'home kit' in the future will come to be known as just the guernsey. Nothing else. Look at Geelong for example (don't worry, I hate them as much as you do!!), they have worn white shorts in finals for every year since at least the start of their premiership era in 2007. I guarantee that would have been an AFL directive as the Cats have a predominantly white/light guernsey therefore the AFL wants them in light shorts.

So in short (pardon the pun) I think the bottoms are interchangeable, I think it's the tops that are still sacrilege. No one should have to wear anything but their home jumper at home – and my own club has been poor in recent times with that, forcing Port in 02 and North in 07 to wear clash jumpers at home, although the Pies have picked up their act over the last few years and use the white clash strip out of Victoria regularly (still not good enough, but I believe it's an AFL thing and not a club thing).

It's good to hear your opinion, exactly what I was after. Ultimately you believe that coloured shorts at home is just as important as your home guernsey at home, yes?

And rightly so. Although I think the notion of 'home kit' is a little muddied these days. If it hasn't already, I think 'home kit' in the future will come to be known as just the guernsey. Nothing else. Look at Geelong for example (don't worry, I hate them as much as you do!!), they have worn white shorts in finals for every year since at least the start of their premiership era in 2007. I guarantee that would have been an AFL directive as the Cats have a predominantly white/light guernsey therefore the AFL wants them in light shorts.

So in short (pardon the pun) I think the bottoms are interchangeable, I think it's the tops that are still sacrilege. No one should have to wear anything but their home jumper at home – and my own club has been poor in recent times with that, forcing Port in 02 and North in 07 to wear clash jumpers at home, although the Pies have picked up their act over the last few years and use the white clash strip out of Victoria regularly (still not good enough, but I believe it's an AFL thing and not a club thing).

It's good to hear your opinion, exactly what I was after. Ultimately you believe that coloured shorts at home is just as important as your home guernsey at home, yes?
Coloured shorts highly important for us to look and feel like it's our home game. Teams like Geelong, North and Collingwood can get away with the white shorts given white is one of their colours. White isn't for us and imo it looks awful with our home and away striped jumpers.

If there's any away game where white shorts are deemed "necessary" for us then I would prefer if we could at least wear gold shorts with one of our striped jumpers instead.

Eh? Save the propaganda, the Hawks are wearing their home jumper this weekend and there will be no talk of Power Rangers. It's Hawthorn's home game.

I'm just asking whether you, and others, think it would be a fine visual perspective (and whether you'd support a Crows campaign) for Hawthorn to be in home jumper/white shorts and the Crows in home jumper/navy shorts.
Yes, that would be a marvellous visually.

I'm not being facetious but I really fail to see how there is a clash between any teams when one is wearing dark shorts and the other is wearing light shorts. This whole clash jumper thing is a total joke.

I used to think it was just a money spinner but there are definitely cases where it helps. I won't say it's 100% necessary but it makes things a lot easier visually, look at this pic

image.jpg

I used to think it was just a money spinner but there are definitely cases where it helps. I won't say it's 100% necessary but it makes things a lot easier visually, look at this pic

View attachment 173516

I take your point but I am not having any trouble seeing that that is Carlton and Collingwood (due to the different shorts).

I take your point but I am not having any trouble seeing that that is Carlton and Collingwood (due to the different shorts).

I think it is a TV driven thing. It makes it easier for the viewing public.
Like in the EPL.

I do like how this design doubles as night club wear though.
Its one less piece I need in my wardrobe.

Like in the EPL.

TV viewers need to harden up. We've got 60" HDTVs (and HD if you have Foxtel) these days compared to people watching the game on fuzzy 15cm screens in black and white. Collingwood v North Melbourne in black and white, in the mud and people didn't seem to have too much trouble telling who played for which side. At least so I hear from my dad and grand-dad...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like in the EPL.

No it makes it worse to casual AFL fans who would look at what we or Crows wore on the weekend and have no idea who is playing.
As an example, my daughter who has a passing interest in AFL was in the room with me for the Dogs v Crows match. When is ended she was confused as she spent the whole time thinking it was the Dogs in white - 'but dad, I thought the Crows wore blue and the Dogs wore white).
These rubbish white jumpers are the dilution of clubs' brands. How ofter to McDonalds or Coke change their logo / colours?
There should be two rules for clash uniforms.
1. Must resolve any clash not resolved by the home or away jumper.
2. Must be recognisable as that team (i.e. must not introduce new colours, especially white given how many teams have white in their jumper).

I thought they were going with the gold one. They are just choosing one.
They are using both (according to Lions officials every team must have a clash jumper that is at least 60% white (unless if you're Essendon or Richmond))

View attachment 173516

So what happens this week against Freo? There is no distinguishable clash, but are the AFL going to force us from wearing our brown and gold stripes?

As shown above Carlton/Collingwood clash far more than purple/white vs brown/gold, but there is enough clout between the two clubs to keep their tradition in tact.

I'd rather Hawthorn didn't bend over for matters like this and took a stronger stance - our guernsey is very important to our supporters - particularly in finals.

I'd rather Hawthorn didn't bend over for matters like this and took a stronger stance - our guernsey is very important to our supporters - particularly in finals.

Amen brother.

So what happens this week against Freo? There is no distinguishable clash, but are the AFL going to force us from wearing our brown and gold stripes?

As shown above Carlton/Collingwood clash far more than purple/white vs brown/gold, but there is enough clout between the two clubs to keep their tradition in tact.

Freo will wear their purple with white V's jumper. We'd typically wear our away jumper (brown with gold stripes) but as their purple is dark we'll likely wear our home jumper (gold with brown stripes) with white shorts.

Freo had the same option in the 2013 GF to wear their home jumper (mostly purple) with white shorts against our full home kit but elected to wear the majority white top with white shorts instead.

Agree. Just don't listen to AFL and play in colours of our choice. What are they going to do, stop us from playing in the finals?:):)

Freo will wear their purple with white V's jumper. We'd typically wear our away jumper (brown with gold stripes) but as their purple is dark we'll likely wear our home jumper (gold with brown stripes) with white shorts.

Freo had the same option in the 2013 GF to wear their home jumper (mostly purple) with white shorts against our full home kit but elected to wear the majority white top with white shorts instead.

Phew! I am already copping flack from bitter and twisted Hawks haters in my family about us possibly wearing the Power Rangers outfit again.

I'm not being facetious but I really fail to see how there is a clash between any teams when one is wearing dark shorts and the other is wearing light shorts. This whole clash jumper thing is a total joke.

ha ha you go tell that to the mum who washes the jnr teams shorts

Back