The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotheram sack Evans, Steve Bruce - appointed in 2012 - is now the 9th longest serving manager in England. Madness.

Rodgers in 8th by a week as well, so Bruce might be creeping up there soon enough haha.
3 years is a decent effort considering he's gone through a promotion and relegation in that time. Not many managers would survive that.

3 years is a decent effort considering he's gone through a promotion and relegation in that time. Not many managers would survive that.

Sean Dyche did. :p

In fact all three relegated clubs this year kept their manager.

Ramsey only came in after Redknapp but your point is still valid.

Wonder how often that's happened.

Yeah wouldn't say it's often. If you'd gone down you said you were likely to keep Pearson, so I suppose it'd be likely if the manager had taken you up so convincingly that the board was happy to keep them on all season no matter what, then backed them to take you straight back up. Happened to Bruce at Birmingham for instance, and has probably happened at a few other yo-yo clubs.

Yeah wouldn't say it's often. If you'd gone down you said you were likely to keep Pearson, so I suppose it'd be likely if the manager had taken you up so convincingly that the board was happy to keep them on all season no matter what, then backed them to take you straight back up. Happened to Bruce at Birmingham for instance, and has probably happened at a few other yo-yo clubs.
I think this is spot on with the clubs that may not have expected to stay up.

The Bruce situation was intriguing actually. He probably had the squad to stay up but was then decimated by injury. I thought he might have been given the flick but you've backed him in.

Makes sense really, he's helped promote you before.

I think this is spot on with the clubs that may not have expected to stay up.

The Bruce situation was intriguing actually. He probably had the squad to stay up but was then decimated by injury. I thought he might have been given the flick but you've backed him in.

Makes sense really, he's helped promote you before.
Yeah the owners cited the injury issues. Interestingly our performances have been pretty average, but we're 4th and have only lost 2 games, so going to be interesting to see what happens over the next 3 months. I think a lot of fans would be happy to get rid, but I don't think the owners would.

One of the stranger stories you'll hear this season:

"Liverpool goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux has been sent back to Liverpool early from his loan stint with Swindon Town after the he decided to pay
a fine with nothing but pennies.

According to The Daily Mail, the 21-year-old, who was signed from Spurs last year, was fined £50 for showing up late to training last week. No big deal, right? We all have those days where we're running late. Except that apparently Vigouroux took exception to the fine and decided to pay the entire thing with pennies in an attempt to make some kind of a petty point. Yes, you read that correctly. He gave them £50. In pennies.

Put another way, that's 5,000 pennies.

The League One side did not take kindly to the gesture and decided to end the keeper's loan spell with the club and send him back to Liverpool. This will surely go down as one of the most bizarre endings to a loan move ever."

Apparently he'd been playing quite well too, and had started every game for them so far this season. Seems a bit harsh!

"Liverpool goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux has been sent back to Liverpool early from his loan stint with Swindon Town after the he decided to pay

According to The Daily Mail, the 21-year-old, who was signed from Spurs last year, was fined £50 for showing up late to training last week. No big deal, right? We all have those days where we're running late. Except that apparently Vigouroux took exception to the fine and decided to pay the entire thing with pennies in an attempt to make some kind of a petty point. Yes, you read that correctly. He gave them £50. In pennies.

The League One side did not take kindly to the gesture and decided to end the keeper's loan spell with the club and send him back to Liverpool. This will surely go down as one of the most bizarre endings to a loan move ever."

Apparently he'd been playing quite well too, and had started every game for them so far this season. Seems a bit harsh!
pretty childish but funny nonetheless.

Haha, reminds me of a mate who once paid the entire buy-in (I think $10, might even have been more) for a poker game we were playing with only silver coins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back