The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really fussed what Fernando has to say about his departure. He's trying to protect his name and his legacy with the fans, and I get that, but he's just coming off as the bitter ex with this constant revisionism about the circumstances of his departure and his regrets over his poor performances at Chelsea. Just let it go. With Gerrard and Alonso behind him, Liverpool made him the best striker in the world and he repaid the fans in spades with some incredible performances and goals that will live long in the memory. Nothing will change that and I still look back on his time at the club with great nostalgia, and given they were by far the best years of his career on a personal level I'm sure he will too.

Players leave clubs all the time. However, he chose to leave to join one of our biggest rivals quoting the pursuit of silverware as the reason, and in the same way Atletico fans would be fuming at him had he moved to Real Madrid, I think he's just got to accept that some Liverpool fans will never get over him moving to Chelsea. I'm sure the fact that the club was on it's knees, on the brink of administration and in a very vulnerable state at the time he left, probably didn't help his cause with those supporters either.

Fortunately, we moved on pretty quickly. Had he stayed put and had we not purchased Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho et al to fill the void he left in attack then perhaps there's no 2013/14 title challenge. Sliding doors moment and while it was a bitter pill to swallow given those many happy memories, in hindsight it was probably the perfect time for both the club and Torres that we parted ways. His groin ligaments were shot and if he had continued the way he was going then his rapidly deteriorating fitness and form may have prevented him from ever getting a move to a club in a position to win European trophies as he did at Chelsea, and we would have been left significantly out of pocket with a perpetually injured/out of form player slowly winding down his contract while adding next to nothing on the field. No winners in that scenario.

Last edited:
Doesnt surprise me with Torres. Saw it again with Sterling a few years later. It's like trying to leave the scientologists.

Pretty sustained and vindictive campaign by fans, ex players and "friendly" media.
On the contrary, there's plenty of Liverpool players who have left with the fan's blessings. Mascherano and Xabi Alonso as on example. It was the way Torres went about it, as per Cooldude's post.

On the contrary, there's plenty of Liverpool players who have left with the fan's blessings. Mascherano and Xabi Alonso as on example. It was the way Torres went about it, as per Cooldude's post.

Yeah but conspiracies and campaigns by media and Donald Trump, 9/11 and all that stuff, because fans wouldn't just be unhappy when their best player at the time *s them over. Not all fan groups get the luxury of a club that can just fork out a billion dollars on another star when one leaves.

Not sure what Torres did that was so wrong tbh. Was it leaving it till the end of the window (if you believe he did)?

Was it sulking for six months before, although that didnt overly upset Liverpool fans until he left from memory.

Or was it that he went to another English club, that Liverpool supporters see as inferior to them?

Yeah but conspiracies and campaigns by media and Donald Trump, 9/11 and all that stuff, because fans wouldn't just be unhappy when their best player at the time ****s them over. Not all fan groups get the luxury of a club that can just fork out a billion dollars on another star when one leaves.
Not where where conspiracies come into it?

Not sure where money comes into it either.

Usmanov's PR team have apparently released a statement stating:

"Contrary to some speculative media reports, Red and White Holdings would like to state that Mr. Alisher Usmanov does not intend to sell his stake in Arsenal Holdings Plc ("Arsenal"),

Mr. Usmanov continues to be committed to Arsenal and considers his stake in the Club as a long-term investment for his family and future generations.

Red and White Holdings Limited owns 30.04% of Arsenal Holdings Plc."

I'm far from sold off of this statement because the value of his shares would drop through the floor if potential investors knew he wanted to get rid of them. I was very skeptical on the origins of these statements, no one reputable was reporting it and the statement wasn't actually published anywhere. A jounro from the Express actually DM'd me on Twitter after I was fishing around for the origins of the email and he says R&W Holdings sent out an email.

image.png

Yeah but conspiracies and campaigns by media and Donald Trump, 9/11 and all that stuff, because fans wouldn't just be unhappy when their best player at the time ****s them over. Not all fan groups get the luxury of a club that can just fork out a billion dollars on another star when one leaves.

I did not know moomba supports Donald Trump

It's like Liverpool is Obama and he is Sean Hannity, that explains a shitload about his posts towards us

Oh, and Torres got a * load of stick from the fans for his "effort" on the pitch half a year until he left, not unlike moomba to try change history for an agenda

I did not know moomba supports Donald Trump

It's like Liverpool is Obama and he is Sean Hannity, that explains a shitload about his posts towards us

Oh, and Torres got a **** load of stick from the fans for his "effort" on the pitch half a year until he left, not unlike moomba to try change history for an agenda

Jesus. I just said I wouldnt be surprised if there was some truth in it.

You blokes don't half like to make an issue out of a non issue.

Jesus. I just said I wouldnt be surprised if there was some truth in it.

You blokes don't half like to make an issue out of a non issue.

If it's a non issue you wouldn't have commented in the first place, clearly it concerned you enough for you to do so.

You have an opinion, people have a differing one, that happens. Don't have to go all "Jesus" and act so surprised

Hmmm, so you claimed fans weren't upset about Torres's lack of effort until he left (when it was false), then said you can't be arsed, hmmm

A bit rich coming from the seasoned master of all shitfights in this forum to say he doesn't have a thing for the over-dramatic ;)

Anyway enough with that, the facts about the Torres thing was laid on the table, whoever wants to spin whatever they wanna spin to niggle Liverpool will do so

Hmmm, so you claimed fans weren't upset about Torres's lack of effort until he left (when it was false), then said you can't be arsed, hmmm

A bit rich coming from the seasoned master of all shitfights in this forum to say he doesn't have a thing for the over-dramatic ;)

Anyway enough with that, the facts about the Torres thing was laid on the table, whoever wants to spin whatever they wanna spin to niggle Liverpool will do so
I'm happy to discuss it. Just not in having a shitfight over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I commented on Torres. Donald Trump, conspiracies, agendas and changing history I just can't be arsed with all that overly dramatic bollocks.

Happy to liken Liverpool to Scientology but when someone else makes a stupid comparison it's 'overly dramatic bullocks'. Keeping flinging and jumping back on that horse.

Happy to liken Liverpool to Scientology but when someone else makes a stupid comparison it's 'overly dramatic bullocks'. Keeping flinging and jumping back on that horse.
Like I said, happy to discuss with people who want to discuss. Not interest in a shitfight. Cheerio.

Not sure what Torres did that was so wrong tbh. Was it leaving it till the end of the window (if you believe he did)?

Was it sulking for six months before, although that didnt overly upset Liverpool fans until he left from memory.

Or was it that he went to another English club, that Liverpool supporters see as inferior to them?
All three I'd say. Except for thinking a team is inferior. It wasnt that Chelsea was better or worse than us, it's that we had a large rivalry with them at the time.

On top of handing in a transfer request on deadline day and sulking for six months, he left to the tune of many bitter fans.

Ah well, he sucked after he left and we got Suarez so it was all good.

There are two Diego Costas
14055003_1197987906930343_621300585728739732_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back