The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the fine stipulate that it has to be paid in notes? Pennies were legal tender last time I checked.

Very petty by Swindon. Hopefully in future they're more transparent so this sort of thing doesn't happen again to another poor young lad.
Probably a show of disrespect from the loanee to the club, thinking he is better than those around him in the lower leagues. If it was one of their own players I doubt they'd sack him

Last edited:

It was pretty salty:D
This ain't a slight on Chelsea because they've done nothing wrong IMO in this regard but I dare say some of what he's said about Roman would be true. Very suspicious as to how he accumulated his wealth.

This ain't a slight on Chelsea because they've done nothing wrong IMO in this regard but I dare say some of what he's said about Roman would be true. Very suspicious as to how he accumulated his wealth.
It's not suspicious at all really. 5 minutes of research will tell you all you need to know. He is a terrific football club owner but a disgraceful human being. He stole his wealth at the same time as Putin and bribed his way to power to the detriment of the Russian people. Usmanov is not much different in this regard, in fact 90% of the Russian oligarchs made their money this way, stealing from the state.

It's not suspicious at all really. 5 minutes of research will tell you all you need to know. He is a terrific football club owner but a disgraceful human being. He stole his wealth at the same time as Putin and bribed his way to power to the detriment of the Russian people. Usmanov is not much different in this regard, in fact 90% of the Russian oligarchs made their money this way, stealing from the state.
I was being polite. Well aware of his past. Not sure how I'd feel if I had someone with a shady past in charge of my club. Well I think Lewis is clean anyway.

I was being polite. Well aware of his past. Not sure how I'd feel if I had someone with a shady past in charge of my club. Well I think Lewis is clean anyway.
Lewis made a lot of his money currency trading. He bet on the pound crashing just before it did in 1992 and made squillions. Whether it was a hunch or a tip off who knows. But because he is in the tax-haven Bahamas nobody will ever know

Doh

Manchester City Women were charged with fielding an ineligible player because the Football Association might have lost the registration form.

City were accused of playing midfielder Keira Walsh in their Continental Cup match against Sunderland on 15 August.

The club were cleared - but it has now been revealed the FA could not find and failed to process the paperwork.

However, the FA had earlier emailed the club to confirm it had received the documents.

In a statement on the FA website, the FA WSL management committee said: "Having considered all the evidence and on the basis of written and oral submissions, the FA Women's Super League Management Committee was not able to satisfy itself that the registration form had not been received in the offices of the Football Association.

"It was significant in the opinion of the management committee, that whilst the registration form could not be located and had not been processed, that written confirmation from The FA, in the form of email, had been received by Manchester City Women FC."

City's Continental Cup quarter-final at Arsenal Ladies on 13 September had to be postponed because the proceedings.

The fixture is set to be played on Thursday evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like an intern is getting sacked in the morning! :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-manchester-united-fans-ugliest-6544569

The Dating League Table: Who Are The Top Flight's Most Attractive Fans?
1. AFC Bournemouth
2. Southampton
3. Norwich City
4. Manchester City
5. Swansea City
6. Newcastle United
7. Aston Villa
8. Leicester City
9. Arsenal
10. Everton
11. Watford
12. West Ham United
13. Liverpool
14. West Bromwich Albion
15. Crystal Palace
16. Tottenham Hotspur
17. Stoke City
18. Sunderland
19. Manchester United
20. Chelsea

No real surprise seeing the Mackems pushing up the table! ;)

Sounds like an intern is getting sacked in the morning! :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-manchester-united-fans-ugliest-6544569

The Dating League Table: Who Are The Top Flight's Most Attractive Fans?
1. AFC Bournemouth
2. Southampton
3. Norwich City
4. Manchester City
5. Swansea City
6. Newcastle United
7. Aston Villa
8. Leicester City
9. Arsenal
10. Everton
11. Watford
12. West Ham United
13. Liverpool
14. West Bromwich Albion
15. Crystal Palace
16. Tottenham Hotspur
17. Stoke City
18. Sunderland
19. Manchester United
20. Chelsea

No real surprise seeing the Mackems pushing up the table! ;)

Wat.

inbred1.gif

Where was this poll taken? I mean, I can accept the first two, South Coast was always going to attract those types, but Norwich 3rd? Oh wait...
Delia+Smith+Norwich+City+v+Leyton+Orient+FA+eEgdeqf8oDcl.jpg

OK then.

Good to see the True Geordie giving a good name for the Geordies. (Also while we're at, I find it amusing that Crystal Palace is higher than Tottenham.)

Wat.

inbred1.gif

Where was this poll taken? I mean, I can accept the first two, South Coast was always going to attract those types, but Norwich 3rd? Oh wait...
Delia+Smith+Norwich+City+v+Leyton+Orient+FA+eEgdeqf8oDcl.jpg

OK then.

Good to see the True Geordie giving a good name for the Geordies. (Also while we're at, I find it amusing that Crystal Palace is higher than Tottenham.)
Why? Haven't you seen the cheerleaders? ;)

Makes sense really. They've got 2 easy games and have wrapped up qualification already. Better him making his debut now than getting his 1st caps at the Euros, if his form continued all season he'd definitely warrant a spot in the England squad.

Vardy rightfully back in. People will laugh but:

Absolutely deserves his spot. Probably deserves to start.
Depends what the FA/Roy are trying to get out of these qualifiers & Euro 2016. If they are trying to build a side to challenge to win Euro 2016 & WC 2018 Vardy shouldn't be in the squad imo. He isn't going to win England a major tournament (not saying any of the other strikers are), he is in the form of his life but just like Lambert was a waste of time in the side so to is he. Picking a player in form is all well and good but when the coaches & higher ups think about potential matchups with the French, Germans & Argentinians is a Mark Noble, Lambert or Vardy going to match it with the players on the pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back