News Stevie J to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

As a player he is cooked, as a coach he may bring something and it seems like helping a team get to their first premiership would be right up his alley (would love the attention he gets if we do it *stevie J was a key recruitment in freos first premiership blah blah*)

In all seriousness I just can't see it at all when at least a couple of Melbourne clubs would take him, close to zero chance of happening.

Maybe, but it depends on his personal situation. He might just want a change. Perth's not exactly a s**t place to live.

What are his options in Melbourne if he wants to seriously contend for a flag in the next year or 2? Hawks then who? Norf?

Maybe, but it depends on his personal situation. He might just want a change. Perth's not exactly a s**t place to live.
Not according to about 95% of the Vics on Big Footy :rolleyes:
What are his options in Melbourne if he wants to seriously contend for a flag in the next year or 2? Hawks then who? Norf?
Or Richmond maybe?

Would love him in Purple just for the laughs.

But seriously he is all class and is willing to take the game and and go for a shot on goal. He could teach a few of our players how to get goal hungry.

Would also be able to do stints in the midfield.

McCarthy
Bennell
Stevie J
Bootsma

Yes please.
Apart from McCarthy, that would bring into question the very existence of a no dickhead policy.

We are in premiership mode, and we either get one in the next few years then it will be tough.
The only way SJ woild play on would be to have a shot at a flag. We have lots of players that are fringe at best that we can clear out. Pending medical and performance indicators we would be mad not to consider. We need more goals and he can provide that, not to mention he actually plays better in the big games. It is a yes from me for a cheap price only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in premiership mode, and we either get one in the next few years then it will be tough.
The only way SJ woild play on would be to have a shot at a flag. We have lots of players that are fringe at best that we can clear out. Pending medical and performance indicators we would be mad not to consider. We need more goals and he can provide that, not to mention he actually plays better in the big games. It is a yes from me for a cheap price only.

He would take their best defender taking pressure off Pav. Tabs if he plays would get the third tall defender which would help him. Pav won't get double teamed etc not a bad option.

He's pretty old and is struggling but in a short period of time he could bring invaluable experience and wisdom to the playing group. If we were to bring him in we would surely have to offload Crowley or Duffield. Can't have too many 30 year olds on the list.

Reckon Crowley Duffield are gone... Prob pav too... Suddenly our list is not as old when you throw pav into that group (assuming his calves are done)

Is someone taking the p? Maybe as coach, I would expect him to come over, but to play? Alongside Ballas? Why? Our FK differential will be -100 next year...

Edit: Saw on the rumour board he's rumoured to be going to GCS.

Last edited:
I can see this one working, as long as he passes all the fitness tests. I was skeptical of Jarrad Waite going to the Roos, thought he was past it, but you can't buy experience and we are in Premiership mode, so we need ready to go goal kickers, while the young'uns bulk up.

Steve J loves no20... Would tabs give it up for him? He'll have a few numbers near it to choose from... 15, 18, prob 29, 41...

He would take their best defender taking pressure off Pav. Tabs if he plays would get the third tall defender which would help him. Pav won't get double teamed etc not a bad option.
In what universe would Stevie J be getting their best defender. He's a small-medium sized player who runs through the midfield. No one's going to be putting a Rance, Talia or Lake type on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back