List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Very short sighted thinking about trading Lobbe for anyone.

1. What happens if WADA hand out a 12 month ban to Essendon players who rucks.
2. We will be able to better cover having 2 rucks now there will be 4 interchange players with less interchanges. Big guys will be able to take a longer sit on the pine for tactical reasons.

You would think that we will be bringing in a ready to go ruck if this happens. As for gameday, we would have Ryder, Trengove, Dixon rotating between the rucks.

Very short sighted thinking about trading Lobbe for anyone.

1. What happens if WADA hand out a 12 month ban to Essendon players who rucks.
2. We will be able to better cover having 2 rucks now there will be 4 interchange players with less interchanges. Big guys will be able to take a longer sit on the pine for tactical reasons.

Or we could just play our best 22, which at the moment doesn't include Lobbe. We don't want to pay him what we're paying him to play in the SANFL, and he doesn't want to play in the SANFL. Other backup options are eminently gettable.

If that Lobbe runour is true and Lobster wants to move then make that our last trade. Do it early and every club will want that as part of a deal (Dixon, Toump etc).

If that Lobbe runour is true and Lobster wants to move then make that our last trade. Do it early and every club will want that as part of a deal (Dixon, Toump etc).

We could of course do it early then tell everyone to get stuffed.

Why do people persist with this Trade Lobbe stuff? Give it a break. LISTEN to the CLUB and to Lobbe's manager!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people persist with this Trade Lobbe stuff? Give it a break. LISTEN to the CLUB and to Lobbe's manager!
I wish we could move it to a Lobbe thread so I didn't have to keep wasting time when I come in here reading about something that has a 0.0000000001% chance of happening. I'm very thankful our list management group aren't silly enough to trade out Lobbe.

I wish we could move it to a Lobbe thread so I didn't have to keep wasting time when I come in here reading about something that has a 0.0000000001% chance of happening. I'm very thankful our list management group aren't silly enough to trade out Lobbe.

The only silly thing about trading Lobbe to Richmond for pick 12 is Richmond.

Conspiracy theory.... Put Lobbe's name out there sparking interest in the clubs that need a ruck man. Then declare he does not want a trade and is a required player thus increasing what it will take to convince him to move and convince us to let him go.

I predict this is not the last time we will hear Lobbe's name before the end of the trade period.
Wow! My prediction fulfilled in record time. Didn't even see the day out.

Why do people persist with this Trade Lobbe stuff?

Because a Lobbe trade is both desirable and likely.

Give it a break. LISTEN to the CLUB and to Lobbe's manager!

Why? Clubs don't speak openly about who they're shopping around, and a player manager's only motivation is to encourage suitors to up their offers.

The club and Lobbe's manager have a vested interest in not totally ruling out a trade but not making it seem like he's being actively shopped around either. If Lobbe appears to be a required player, then other teams will think that if they're going to get him they'll need to offer up more (whether in trade value, which is Port's vested interest, or in Lobbe's contract, which is Lobbe and his manager's vested interest). They also wouldn't want to burn any bridges in case a trade doesn't materialise.

Tredrea has no vested interest but is also likely to have inside info. We've also had C4 who's been right with his inside info countless times in the past suggest that Port and Lobbe are open to a trade. I'm leaning towards believing the latter in this case.

are there any mature age recruits in the local leagues likely to come under consideration given a pretty shallow talent pool in this years draft?

any Lee Spurrs et al looking for an opportunity?

Pick 12 for Lobbe is HUGE.

You'd just about have to do that.

We'd need to trade in/draft a semi-competent ruck option that is ~22-25 years old and able to cover for Ryder if he's out. Someone like Lycett.

agree.

Hinkley has publicly salivated at the prospect of a functional Lobbe / Ryder tandem and hasn't (publicly) deviated from this view - if Lobbe spends 2016 in the SANFL I would then expect a Lobbe trade scenario to have genuine legs and most probably driven by Lobbe himself.

agree.

Hinkley has publicly salivated at the prospect of a functional Lobbe / Ryder tandem and hasn't (publicly) deviated from this view - if Lobbe spends 2016 in the SANFL I would then expect a Lobbe trade scenario to have genuine legs and most probably driven by Lobbe himself.

If Lobbe spends 2016 in the SANFL we'd be lucky to get a late 2nd rounder for him.

Tredrea has no vested interest but is also likely to have inside info. We've also had C4 who's been right with his inside info countless times in the past suggest that Port and Lobbe are open to a trade. I'm leaning towards believing the latter in this case.

Don't be so naive Tredrea's vested interest is to fuel the 24 hour media cycle with stories because that's where his living is made.
Remember he was the one who broke the Hammer getting traded story too.

Don't be so naive Tredrea's vested interest is to fuel the 24 hour media cycle with stories because that's where his living is made.
Remember he was the one who broke the Hammer getting traded story too.

Uh, no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back