Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Check out the earlier picture comparisons provided. Its more vibrant and balanced

Plus too much black makes it seem too close to a certain group of druggies
With the current materials and general cut the black is far more aesthetically pleasing.

Lots of different opinions it seems.

I love 'em all (even liked that white distressed look away jumper that 99% of my fellow supporters seem to despise :p)

Bottom line is you just can’t make a bad St Kilda jumper. It’s that delicious combination of Black, White & Red.

Let's face it; the worst St Kilda jumper is still far, far better than the best jumper the other 17 clubs can come up with :cool:

I love 'em all (even liked that white distressed look away jumper that 99% of my fellow supporters seem to despise :p)

Bottom line is you just can’t make a bad St Kilda jumper. It’s that delicious combination of Black, White & Red.

Let's face it; the worst St Kilda jumper is still far, far better than the best jumper the other 17 clubs can come up with :cool:
Unless you try to incorporate yellow into it as well.

Now I may be a bit biased as the designer of this guernsey but I would LOVE to see this get used in an official match... I have always thought it would make a great clash but then again I'm pretty happy with out current one also.

I'll also go against the trend and say that I much prefer the solid black cuffs on the home jumper, no contest with the white. From memory 09 was the last time we had solid white and I wasn't a fan, maybe with a better designed cuff it could work though.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 27
I played around on Photoshop to see what a white collar and cuffs would look like on our current home guernsey... it looks ridiculously good!

FUOW5dm.png

Here's the original for comparison.

foweXYg.jpg

To the posters above this is what it would look like on the new template and it looks like the best jumper we could have

Very true Dr Spaceman. Jumper design like medicine isn't a science.

FWIW, I like the traditional jumper with the white trimmings for home and the narrow stripes for clash jumper. Scrap the rest....

AND BRING BACK THE TRI COLOUR SOCKS FROM THE 80's!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too fussed about whether our cuffs are black or white or if they are white with a black stripe. My main beef is our clash jumper. None of them inspire me much at all. I reckon the best solution with our clash jumper is simple.....

The front should be the traditional tri panel and the back should be white instead of black. This worn with white shorts would be perfect IMHO. There would also be scope to have a second clash jumper (if needed) with the back being red and worn with red shorts. As long as the front is the traditional RWB tri panel then all is good IMHO.

I'm not too fussed about whether our cuffs are black or white or if they are white with a black stripe. My main beef is our clash jumper. None of them inspire me much at all. I reckon the best solution with our clash jumper is simple.....

The front should be the traditional tri panel and the back should be white instead of black. This worn with white shorts would be perfect IMHO. There would also be scope to have a second clash jumper (if needed) with the back being red and worn with red shorts. As long as the front is the traditional RWB tri panel then all is good IMHO.
I like your idea about the R,W&B tri panel being a constant:thumbsu:
Im not too keen on the red back & red shorts though.
r0_208_4006_2462_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Ive never liked the swans home kit cos theres just a bit too much red for my liking.
Then if you throw in the fact that as well as the back & shorts we would also have a third of the front of the jumper red as well.
Thats a hell of a lot of red:eek:

I'm pretty sure our tri panel with a white back and shorts isn't allowed as it doesn't have enough white on it.

Im loving this year's clash best we've had since 2005 in my opinion.

Although i do agree that if they didn't make the white panel too wide that would be a good clash jumper as proposed. 2010 clash was uninspiring

I'm pretty sure our tri panel with a white back and shorts isn't allowed as it doesn't have enough white on it.
Why is Collingwood's clash jumper allowed then? That has even less white in it!! I don't think that rule was ever really applied anyway. Traditional tri panel front should always be a constant. As I said, we can then tinker with the back of the jumper...either all white or all red depending on which team we are clashing against. The hot cross bun jumper and the candy stripe jumper should be put away and only brought back once every 5 years IMHO. And that is only for marketing purposes otherwise I would get rid of them for good.

Why is Collingwood's clash jumper allowed then? That has even less white in it!! I don't think that rule was ever really applied anyway. Traditional tri panel front should always be a constant. As I said, we can then tinker with the back of the jumper...either all white or all red depending on which team we are clashing against. The hot cross bun jumper and the candy stripe jumper should be put away and only brought back once every 5 years IMHO. And that is only for marketing purposes otherwise I would get rid of them for good.
Because it's Collingwood.

FWIW, I like the traditional jumper with the white trimmings for home and the narrow stripes for clash jumper. Scrap the rest....

AND BRING BACK THE TRI COLOUR SOCKS FROM THE 80's!!!!

I agree I would love to see the hoop socks again. Also agree the shield jumper or any cross jumper is ordinary

Last edited:

Not always beautiful Doc...

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back