Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zip it Trollor. Take a leaf from a professional like Jack who knows only to comment on his own club:

Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt refused to bite when questioned about what the Tigers thought about the new Pie's opinion. "It's the first time I've heard it … we were pretty keen on acquiring Adam's services but he's chosen the Collingwood Football Club," Riewoldt told SEN on Wednesday.

"We're absolutely rapt with the guys we've picked up. "Andrew Moore is the most recent one to come across from Port Adelaide and he's got some pretty strong ties with Richmond with his brother Kelvin being a life member. "Chris Yarran is a great addition for us and obviously Jacob Townsend from the Giants as well, he's going to be a good player for us too. "We're solely focused on the three boys we've got and we're really excited about the draft that's coming up next week and the young kids we'll pick up there."

KB is spot on:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-19/new-pie-treloar-is-delusional-says-bartlett

TIGERS great Kevin Bartlett says Adam Treloar is "delusional" if he believes Collingwood has a better list than Richmond. The new Magpie said on Wednesday he chose the black and white after leaving Greater Western Sydney because they had "a better list, a younger list, who in a couple of years time can hopefully win a premiership".

Bartlett said on Thursday morning Treloar had either been "brainwashed" since arriving at Collingwood or his head was "in the clouds" at the Pies' Falls Creek training camp, which started this week.

He suggested Treloar had "become delusional".

"I know Treloar has been in Sydney for the past four years and AFL doesn't get much media, and has missed the fact the Pies have been on a serious slide since 2011," Bartlett said on SEN. "They've won two flags in 57 years.

"Adam, you'll have to be twice as good as I think you are for the Pies to win a flag before Richmond. "Your coach made the same big call in choosing Collingwood over Brisbane to win premierships."Check the record books for that one."
Tell them their dreaming

Apparently Treloar can't have an opinion without being jumped on hey?
The media obviously asked him what was his main reasons for coming to Collingwood, he gave them his honest answer and his honest opinion.

No need for people like KB to get all defensive about it, simply an opinion. Time will tell if he is right or not.

The media obviously asked him what was his main reasons for coming to Collingwood, he gave them his honest answer and his honest opinion.

No need for people like KB to get all defensive about it, simply an opinion. Time will tell if he is right or not.
Actually you will find that its pretty easy to give an answer without taking a pot shot at another club.

Loving this thread, keep up the laughs :thumbsu:

I loved KBs tantrum the most, he still can't believe that his bigfooty sources weren't correct. Seems to be the source of most radio sports "journalists" information these days. I love the fact that he called KB out on it, too many "journalists" get away with unfounded rumor mongering and should be held to account more. KB is lashing out for being revealed as a spanker.

I think people also need to understand with the Treloar interview was that he was answering questions. The HS makes it sound like he was sitting on a rock musing to the world his thoughts on the Richmond list. I am impressed with the way he speaks and handles himself, quite direct, honest....alarmingly so for the media department! He will soon be robot media trained so lets just enjoy it.

At the end of the day he simply saw that one club had a longer term plan. He is not looking for instant success as he is a young guy wanting a long term plan for success. If he was older (25-27) Richmond would have been the more attractive choice - the Tigers will be in the 8 the next couple of years. Both clubs have good lists just ours suited his needs more.

The other thing that the Tigers seem to do is talk themselves down. I wonder if this translates or gives the impression to prospects that they are happy to be mediocre. The lofty goal of winning a final one day is perhaps not the lure that players striving for success are going to be attracted to.

LOL piss off scrub.

It was not his honest opinion, if it was Adam would have said " Why I joined the pies ? Mate, they are paying me a shit load, have given my girl a 6 figure salary to do shit all and best bit, me mum gets a house, how could i not choose them ?"

Also as to time seeing if he is right. So far since 2012, you guys have finished below us.What also more funny, in 2013 our list which made finals was actually younger then your list was this year haha.

I loved KBs tantrum the most, he still can't believe that his bigfooty sources weren't correct. Seems to be the source of most radio sports "journalists" information these days. I love the fact that he called KB out on it, too many "journalists" get away with unfounded rumor mongering and should be held to account more. KB is lashing out for being revealed as a spanker.

I think people also need to understand with the Treloar interview was that he was answering questions. The HS makes it sound like he was sitting on a rock musing to the world his thoughts on the Richmond list. I am impressed with the way he speaks and handles himself, quite direct, honest....alarmingly so for the media department! He will soon be robot media trained so lets just enjoy it.

At the end of the day he simply saw that one club had a longer term plan. He is not looking for instant success as he is a young guy wanting a long term plan for success. If he was older (25-27) Richmond would have been the more attractive choice - the Tigers will be in the 8 the next couple of years. Both clubs have good lists just ours suited his needs more.

The other thing that the Tigers seem to do is talk themselves down. I wonder if this translates or gives the impression to prospects that they are happy to be mediocre. The lofty goal of winning a final one day is perhaps not the lure that players striving for success are going to be attracted to.
Actually his answers were more because he couldn't come out and say that he chose Collingwood because they offered more money
Pretty simple, but good job convincing yourself of whatever you want and taking the time to try and think we'd be interested in hearing about it

Personally I have nothing against Adam Treloar, I hope he has a lucrative career at Collingwood and tops the money list regularly, I also hope that his girlfriend wins a Logie. :thumbsu:

Dude, you need to lay off the glass pipe as you are talking shit. lol

You guys did a shifty, all know it to get treloar. Adam character has shown he is suited to your club, so enjoy him. As to who has the better list, Adam is just an idiot, you guys have not been a head of us for 3 years, have just lost to us twice in a row and just gave us a little more motivation to spread your sides legs wide next year. What Adam said was idiotic but he could not have said the truth as your guys then would get into troubble.

When does Grubby Allen start at you club heh ?

TL;DR

You still call yourself after Didak? Man, that's, um, bold.

I can't decide which sums up Didak most: this one where he was looking for his keys for 2 minutes:

Or this one where the damp, cheating squib is shown up, as a damp, cheating, squib:

All the while you clowns talk yourselves up and fail under Buckley.

You guys keep over paying please, its the real laugh here.[/QUOTE]

You know what i'm going to love the most, lollingwood missing the finals in 2016/17/18, enjoy draft night in 2015 and 2016 with your potential gun 1st rounders :thumbsu: , also enjoy the trade period in 2016 and 2017 and 2018. :D;):p

Actually he stated a range of things as facts that are wrong. Collingwood doesn't have a younger list. The talent is obviously subjective, but we have a young team that wins a lot more than the Pies (91 points comes to mind). And that somehow that the Pies are aiming for a premiership is amazing. Except that we are too. So actually it's just par for the course. All clubs aim for premierships, some sooner than others. KB is right. Treloar should have kept his mouth shut. We'll see how it all goes. But the pies are reliant on their young talls getting good really fast, and their old talls staying good (getting good again) in their twilight. Could so easily go south big time. Have a great midfield (you do) but a crap spine. The RFC has a great spine, very good midfield, but needs leadership to take the next step. We'll see if Eddies brilliance = success through just buying and believing. Or actually building a solid list for the next several years works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's gunna leave a worse legacy?

Mick at Carlton or Bucks at the pies?

For all the tyre pumping of bucks, he's taking this club backwards faster than a Delorian with a brand new flux capacitor

LOL piss off scrub.

It was not his honest opinion, if it was Adam would have said " Why I joined the pies ? Mate, they are paying me a shit load, have given my girl a 6 figure salary to do shit all and best bit, me mum gets a house, how could i not choose them ?"

Also as to time seeing if he is right. So far since 2012, you guys have finished below us.What also more funny, in 2013 our list which made finals was actually younger then your list was this year haha.

From what i understand Richmond were offering around the same as what Collingwood were. You clearly had the money as you guys showed interest in a few players throughout the Trade Period.

I don't see how he has taken a pot shot at your club. A pot should would more be like "Richmonds facilities are poor and they are an unprofessional organisation compared to Collingwood" In his mind all he is saying is he thinks our list is better than yours. So what? It's his opinion.
So should we sook up whenever KB or some other broadcaster or player thinks another team has a better list than ours?

Last edited by a moderator:
All this Treloar shit is distracting Richmond and Collingwood fans from the REAL list tragedy...
th

Collingwood lost Beams at the end of 2014 so they were always going to replace him with a gun and targeted Treloar. I'm pretty sure we were into Shiel in preference to Treloar and only really ramped up our efforts after Shiel re-signed mid year. So from that point of ball we were behind the eight ball.

I don't think there's any issue with players wanting to come to Tigerland we are an attractive proposition for other clubs players looking for a change.

The same honest guy that said he'd stick around to win Premierships at GWS?

Get off your high horse. Players do not and have not ever made public comments about other clubs. He's an idiot and the AFLPA would be on his back about it. You can try and justify it however you want but what he did was wrong.

That said, it doesn't deserve the attention it's getting from us. Who gives a ****, he plays for Collingwood so he's a flog.

"I know Treloar has been in Sydney for the past four years and AFL doesn't get much media, and has missed the fact the Pies have been on a serious slide since 2011," Bartlett said on SEN. "They've won two flags in 57 years.
This always amuses me how people tailor metrics to suit their agenda. I mean why wouldn't you use 60 years in this case, is it because it than adds another 2 premierships to even the ledger. Why not use 10 years or 25 years? In fact, why not use 35 years to gauge recent success.

This always amuses me how people tailor metrics to suit their agenda. I mean why wouldn't you use 60 years in this case, is it because it than adds another 2 premierships to even the ledger. Why not use 10 years or 25 years? In fact, why not use 35 years to gauge recent success.
Because this is the Richmond forum
I guess being a moderator doesn't automatically mean you an intelligent Collingwood fan
Although they are like unicorns really aren't they

Hope Cotchin does a delibrate handball to Treloar with Townsend waiting off to the side for a epic spear tackle. Then Cotch tell him 'bet you wish you had of picked richmond now' like he did to Taylor Adams.

Because this is the Richmond forum
I guess being a moderator doesn't automatically mean you an intelligent Collingwood fan
Although they are like unicorns really aren't they
This may be the Richmond forum, but this was said by KB on air IIRC.

Moderators intelligent - you obviously haven't read the Mod position description, unicorns are encouraged! You've made me smile though and I thank you for that.

Why not use 2 years, 100 years, 1 million years???? common sense says 57 years makes his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back