The Official Week 5 Thread...Brainless short people welcome.

What is the Greatest Frontcourt Ever Assembled?

• Carmelo / Amar'e / Tyson Chandler / Landry Fields

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Carmelo / Amar'e / Air Bargs / Samuel Dalembert

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Carmelo / Porzingis / Robin Lopez / Lou Amundson

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pels progress to 4-11

baby-fist.jpg

Warsaw is it too early to starting worrying about Noel's fit with Okafor? He seems to have fallen right away in the last couple of weeks.

So Griffin and Paul go for 28/38 from the field (64 points) and they still lose.

Clipf***ingLOLs!
Agreed.
Utah just stopped anyone who couldn't score of their own accord and the Clippers will never win if Paul and Griffin don't get the support they need.
The Jazz looked good, and they've been consistent, 8th seed is well up for grabs imo.

Very much so, at least closing games

These are his logs from recent games ( I think he came off the bench at least once?), averaging 30+ minutes

14/11 vs Spurs - 3 pts, 3 reb, 0 blk, 3 t/o, -24

18/11 vs Pacers - 2 pts, 3 reb, 0 blk, 2 t/o, -22

21/11 vs Heat - 10 pts, 8 reb, 0 blk, 2 t/o, -18

23/11 vs Wolves - 7 pts, 5 reb, 1 blk, 3 t/o, -5

25/11 vs Celtics - 3 pts, 8 reb, 1 blk, 1 t/o, -20

He started off OK, but his advanced stats are way down on last season, particularly shooting, turnovers and shot-blocking.

These are his logs from recent games ( I think he came off the bench at least once?), averaging 30+ minutes

14/11 vs Spurs - 3 pts, 3 reb, 0 blk, 3 t/o, -24

18/11 vs Pacers - 2 pts, 3 reb, 0 blk, 2 t/o, -22

21/11 vs Heat - 10 pts, 8 reb, 0 blk, 2 t/o, -18

23/11 vs Wolves - 7 pts, 5 reb, 1 blk, 3 t/o, -5

25/11 vs Celtics - 3 pts, 8 reb, 1 blk, 1 t/o, -20

He started off OK, but his advanced stats are way down on last season, particularly shooting, turnovers and shot-blocking.
That's a grim read, he's not looking like ever being the number one guy on offence.
I can't think of many decent centres you could pair him with if he continues to be a black hole on defence. In the future a Porzingis type stretch could work?
I'm sure Philly wouldn't have wanted to trade away Jrue for a purely defensive shot blocker, is he capable of becoming a guy who lives off rebounds and second chance points and hustle plays while providing great D? Warsaw

Some interesting conundrums with a few teams.

Notably Houston and the clippers.

Obviously it's early days but there are some worrying signs.

Washington and Atlanta could be prime candidates for a trade as well, both have huge holes at the 4 and 3 respectively. I know the wizards are keen to go after kd, but they could do worse than go after a morri

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the time the Sixers decide to build a competent team everybody involved with the franchise will have forgotten how to win. There's an argument to be made that it's happening already; some of their plays in the final minutes over the past few games have been ridiculous.

Pels progress to 4-11

baby-fist.jpg

Warsaw is it too early to starting worrying about Noel's fit with Okafor? He seems to have fallen right away in the last couple of weeks.

Didn't see today's game (thank god), but being -20 in a 4 point game is just awful.

Fit is an issue. The lack of spacing on the court, even just generally, but especially when the two of them are on the floor is why the offense is looking so inept.

They did however start the season well enough playing together. The numbers actually favoured Noel both offensively and defensively when it was only he on the floor. But then he hurt his wrists, missed a couple of games and put up the numbers you've listed. So I don't know if the wrists are still affecting him, but he's definitely in a funk that we need him to get out of.

It's funny though. The best Noel has ever looked offensively has been with Ish Smith, and we just let him go...

That's a grim read, he's not looking like ever being the number one guy on offence.
I can't think of many decent centres you could pair him with if he continues to be a black hole on defence. In the future a Porzingis type stretch could work?
I'm sure Philly wouldn't have wanted to trade away Jrue for a purely defensive shot blocker, is he capable of becoming a guy who lives off rebounds and second chance points and hustle plays while providing great D? Warsaw

I don't think there's much cause for concern his game individually. He won't be a scorer but he'll be a defensive stud for the rest of his career that he'll have a healthy presence in the league.

I think the problem where the Sixers are concerned is whether or not you keep him, given that they're coming to a stage where they need to think about giving him an extension or signing him to what probably will be a sizeable contract in RFA. And when you have to factor in Embiid and Saric and drafting a guy like Simmons or Ingram or even Labissiere (the latter two both having a mid range game) Noel's future in Philly probably gets questioned.

That's not a thing.
I liken it to watching the wolves right now.

Last year they couldn't win a thing. Nearly a year between home wins

Going down the stretch they can run plays for wiggy, you have to respect towns and martin can shoot which spaces things.

Right now philly have okafor. A ten game rookie.

I wasnt a fan of the plays down the stretch, buy when you need to go to Phil pressey for the game winner.... You know you are in trouble

It's funny though. The best Noel has ever looked offensively has been with Ish Smith, and we just let him go...

Finders keepers ;)

If he gets Omer Asik looking better offensively, I'm gonna just go ahead and declare Ish the GOAT

With Noel/Okafor, Defensively it works

Offensively horrific, Noel cant hit an open jumper mid range, Okafor is already a beast mid-court/low post.

They need to try to run Okafor at PF playing high post and Noel low post. Both don't Gel

Also T.J. McConnell is literally trash. Literally trash, I know being a minny fan what a bad point guard is, having Lavine run the PG and Mo Williams/Jonny Flynn. He's terrible at running a team

That's not a thing.
Not literally, no, and there was a fair bit of hyperbole there. But in terms of confidence/belief and such, these losses and the situation the Sixers are/have been in really don't help. Over time that can start to weigh down on you individually and as a team and it's the biggest obstacle they probably face from here on out.

I'm still indifferent about the way the Sixers are building; you could grab some seriously great talent as a result of it and there's no way to predict which way it's going to go with total certainty. It could still end up a masterstroke. There are undoubted risks that come with it though and from what I've seen in crunch time over the last few games the belief really doesn't appear to be there. It can be tough to overcome that.

Back