Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloris
Clyne, Alder, Sahko, Rose
Any 2 of Dier, Alli, Milner, Henderson, Lucas
Lamela or Firmino with Coutinho on one side, Eriksen on the other.
Sturridge or Kane

Really not a lot between the two sides. Squad wise pretty similar to IMO.

The big difference is in the forward line with Benteke & Ings as options (although Ings is unfortunately out for the rest of the season).

Outside of Kane Spurs really don't have much at all in terms of strikers.

It's a pity for us that Ings is out, he was starting to look the goods. Not many better 3rd choice strikers in the league.

Here fishy fishy fishy.

images

Is it though? Fazio is downright awful. Trippier and Wimmer have shown very little. Lovren is actually rebuilding his reputation under Klopp and im his biggest hater but he's actually being quite good since Klopp's arrival. Kolo Toure is old but still does a job. Enrique a seasoned pro but we could even bring in the uber impressive Gomez at LB if we choose to.

But forward of that, your second XI is poor. Bentaleb and Dembele is meh. Mason? N'Jie is average. Chadli goes ok. And you have no striker at all haha.

And we're not even getting into the starting XI where we have you covered in most positions.
The lack of consistency in your evaluation is astounding, but not unexpected.

Anyone who was watched enough Premier League in the last month knows Dembele is one of the best midfielders going around on form. 12 months ago Bentaleb was one of the best young prospects in the league, hasn't been fit. We've seen about three EPL appearances from N'Jie, Chadli scored 13 and assisted 5 last season. Trippier was one of the better full backs in the league last season, Wimmer hasn't been given a chance. Fazio is a donkey, but no less a donkey than Lovren in all honesty. Captained an EL winning side two seasons ago, is at his best when given a good run - which he won't get at Spurs.

Yet you give them meh, average, ok, shown little and downright awful.

Joe Gomez, meanwhile, is 'uber impressive'.

Go figure!

LOL, why should the other clubs even bother.

Tottenham clearly have the best squad, everyone. We're all wasting our time. Might as well hand them the trophy and do the other clubs a favour.

the irony of a liverpool fan doing this is off the bloody charts.

The table rarely lies.

At the end of the season when every team has played each other home & away? Sure.

When you're 14 games into the season and team X has played away to United, Leicester, Sunderland, Swansea, Bournemouth & Arsenal..

While team Y has played away to Stoke, Arsenal, United, Everton, Tottenham, Chelsea & City..

And team X is still only 2 points ahead of team Y, I think it's fair to say there's little between the 2. If anything, team Y's 'easier' run in the 2nd half of the season arguably gives them the advantage.

Anyone who was watched enough Premier League in the last month knows Dembele is one of the best midfielders going around on form.

Have to agree. Dembele is precisely the player Arsenal need right now. Him and Coquelin competing for that DM spot. Hell, they could even start next to each other.

Let's just all agree that it doesn't take much on this board for Liverpool fans to blow their collective load (Faith aside being female) and accept that's the way it always be. Never have I read so much guff, with good old Jod leading the way.

They clearly haven't learnt the lessons of history. The spirit of Grandblue lingers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Leicester are one of the best squads in the league.
You don't need to have a massive squad. With England's GOAT Danny Drinkwater leading them, anything is possible.

Bentaleb was one of the best young prospects in the league
Was my tip to do a Kane and really break out this season. Shame he hasn't got on the park, looks the type of player that will relish the fight for his spot. Hard to remember sometimes that he is 20-21 still with his 50 odd appearances for us and 17 international caps already

Have to agree. Dembele is precisely the player Arsenal need right now. Him and Coquelin competing for that DM spot. Hell, they could even start next to each other.
The DM spot reduces his effectiveness imo. His rich vein of form has come with him either playing as the AM behind Kane or an out and out box-to-box mid with Dier doing the grunt DM work. I think it's no coincidence that he is finding this form with a proper DM next to him, when we first signed him and he partnered Sandro in midfield he was our 2nd best player behind Bale and was my personal favourite.

Interesting debate about Liverpool and Spurs, those set of supporters could argue all day and all night but what about supporters of the other sides, out of the two who would you rather play?

I'd be more confident of winning against Liverpool than Spurs.

Let's just all agree that it doesn't take much on this board for Liverpool fans to blow their collective load (Faith aside being female) and accept that's the way it always be. Never have I read so much guff, with good old Jod leading the way.

They clearly haven't learnt the lessons of history. The spirit of Grandblue lingers

If saying that 'Liverpool's squad is as good as Tottenham's' is blowing our load, then I'd hate to see the mess left by your fellow supporters after the last few weeks' predictions of imminent title challenges and claims that a new stadium will make you one of the financial powerhouses of European football.

If anything we're being tediously conservative relative to the hot air coming out of North London at the moment.

Yeah doubling the size of our stadium won't improve our chances of being able to compete with the big 4. Arsenal should have stayed at Highbury too I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Back