Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk of a Vardy movie coming out :)
bout how he went from a ganstar to epl star. scene below
8d35605871b33e381f11853b45764551-640x360.jpg

Yourself, jd, NSFB and Tulip have been just as prominent in this thread as any Liverpool fan has. It has been a two-way conversation and just because you disagree with what they're saying you're banging the "they're all deluded" drum.

Liverpool fans think their team is better. Tottenham fans their team is better. What a surprise! I guess we'll see who's right at the end of the season.
Haha pretty much this.

And we've been pretty measured with our hyping up or talking down of our players, in comparison there has been talking up the likes of Lovren, Enrique, Kolo, Skrtel, Mignolet & Flanagan for example. Pretty sure I called our midfield battle a 50/50 and our DEF & GK being where we are clear winners in terms of depth and quality. In terms of depth of course your STs have our 1 proper striker covered. But of your 4 that has our depth covered 1 is out for the year, 1 is out all the time & 1 is as raw as N'Jie for us. So whilst there's depth on paper on the park a lot will rest on Benteke this season
We only have to talk up players like Skrtel and Mignolet because they were labelled "rubbish" which is completely ridiculous. All the while having to hear how Bentaleb is one of the best young kids in the country and Dembele is super quality etc etc.

I mean what is Mason? What does he do? The midfield battle is not 50/50. Dier has played well for about what, 10 games since moving to midfield. Lucas has been class for 8 years. But nah, Dier is better than the full blown Brazilian international. It's supes easy to play for Brazil. Alli is just a kid who up until last year was playing in League One. He has played less than 20 times for Spurs but he's better than Emre Can who is a full blown German International. It's heaps easy to play for Germany.

That's without even mentioning Henderson, Milner and Coutinho who is better than anyone Spurs have. Argh I give up.

We are bias, you guys are bias. Let's just see where we all end up at the end of season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas has been in career best form since Klopp's taken over, big part of what we do nowadays
Same could be said for Dembele under Poch to be fair.

Big reason why we've showed signs of improvement, particularly against big sides who used to regularly bully us is that Poch seems to be getting the most out of the players in the squad, some of whom were stagnating under AVB/TS.

About this Liverpool v Tottenham debate, simply put: If either of you allow Chelsea to overtake you come the season's end (assuming that you're fighting for that 4th place and Chelsea beats you both to the punch) it again reflects the fact that both teams lack that ruthlessness and decisiveness to ever be part of the 'big boys' and to build something with this new TV deal.

Yes, Chelsea still have a talented squad, but imagine if either Liverpool or Spurs converted those draws (For just one defeat, Tottenham have more draws than wins) into wins, they would really be in the mix. Those big boys would turn those draws into wins, and that is the fine line between Champions League and Europa League.

This season is very important into the set-up for next season, both teams will have to lift if they want to take the next step up.

About this Liverpool v Tottenham debate, simply put: If either of you allow Chelsea to overtake you come the season's end (assuming that you're fighting for that 4th place and Chelsea beats you both to the punch) it again reflects the fact that both teams lack that ruthlessness and decisiveness to ever be part of the 'big boys' and to build something with this new TV deal.

Yes, Chelsea still have a talented squad, but imagine if either Liverpool or Spurs converted those draws (For just one defeat, Tottenham have more draws than wins) into wins, they would really be in the mix. Those big boys would turn those draws into wins, and that is the fine line between Champions League and Europa League.

This season is very important into the set-up for next season, both teams will have to lift if they want to take the next step up.
Hence Jurgen Klopp and rock n roll football. We're coming, dont you worry.

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying when I said we have 0% chance of winning the whole thing. Poch has so far improved us from losing games we've played well in to now not losing them but more often than not drawing them. The next step will be converting those to wins more often than not and I don't think the young squad will be able to in the 15/16. Hopefully the core Lloris-Eriksen-Kane are held on to and that should be the aim for 16/17

How does it not close the gap on the biggest 5 as a whole? Arsenal & United are remaining status quo so we'd obviously be bridging the gap to them in terms of matchday revenues. Liverpool's 54,000 stadium out of London you'd have to think wont have the same revenue streams as Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal's 60,000+ stadiums so the gap to them will also be closed. Chelsea and City are the real big players in this they're already way bigger than us and are looking to strengthen further.

I do agree that it's the minimum requirement whilst everyone else is increasing their stadiums. But unlike Arsenal I don't think the funding of a stadium will change our transfer strategy & on field achievements for the worse, as lets face it Levy is already a money making tight arse and that's still got us within touching distance. The stadium itself wont be the game changer, but with the current buy young sell high strategy and with Poch & co in charge it should bridge that gap to the top 4 considerably.

54,000 is stage 1, stage 2 (the Anfield Road end redevelopment, which will be completed before the foundations are laid for the Northumberland project) will take Anfield up to 60,000.

Fair point re: capacity to sell corporate packages in London as opposed to Manchester or Liverpool, but I'm sure that would have been investigated as part of the business case for expansion. You wouldn't double the number of corporate seats as we are if there wasn't significant demand for it above the levels existing supply could accommodate. If commercial revenue is indicative of anything, interest in our club's brand is still among the highest in the game (8th behind Real, Barça, United, Bayern, City, PSG & Chelsea; ahead of Arsenal, Dortmund, Juventus, and well over double Tottenham's), so I doubt we'll struggle to sell those packages which as you rightly point out are the big money spinners with respect to stadium revenue.

Again, I'm not saying that the new stadium won't be a big financial boost for Tottenham, but when every club is expecting the same boost in revenue it can't really be looked at as a competitive advantage over your rivals.

Back