Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a few glasses of wine this evening. Tasted pretty damn good. So I finished the evening off with a Port ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to see an updated version of our players contracts.
True it would be good to find if it were recorded somewhere. According to the 2016 out of contract thread the following players come out of contract at the end of this year ;) Time to re-sign a couple more of these methinks: Paul Stewart (UFA), Jake Neade, Angus Monfries, John Butcher, Cameron O'Shea, Matthew White, Logan Austin, Jay Schulz, Sam Colquhoun, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Billy Frampton, Aaron Young, Brendan Ah Chee, Tom Jonas, Nathan Krakouer

True it would be good to find if it were recorded somewhere. According to the 2016 out of contract thread the following players come out of contract at the end of this year ;) Time to re-sign a couple more of these methinks: Paul Stewart (UFA), Jake Neade, Angus Monfries, John Butcher, Cameron O'Shea, Matthew White, Logan Austin, Jay Schulz, Sam Colquhoun, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Billy Frampton, Aaron Young, Brendan Ah Chee, Tom Jonas, Nathan Krakouer
Ah chee the only one I would desperately want to sign up asap

It got a quarter of a page about 7 pages in. Couldn't even beat out a story about John Platten passing a concussion test.

Crow player be on front page...campaigners!!!

You've got to love 5AA discussing Ollie just now:
" Port have re-signed Ollie Wines for a couple more years so they have locked in their core young group for at least TWO years. Then Pembo's reply. "Yes good luck to both SA clubs." Talk about minimising this announcement haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be mentioned that the John Platten story appears to be as much a promotion for his safety clothing business as anything.

Well it is called The Advertiser after all ;)

Well it is called The Advertiser after all ;)

It's not even a news story.

"Random player from yesteryear does NOT have concussion. Repeat, does NOT have concussion!!".

*Photographer moves products and signage into place of said players possibly ailing safety clothing business*

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455143493.307033.jpg

*Probably belongs in the shakes head thread.

You've got to love 5AA discussing Ollie just now:
" Port have re-signed Ollie Wines for a couple more years so they have locked in their core young group for at least TWO years. Then Pembo's reply. "Yes good luck to both SA clubs." Talk about minimising this announcement haha.
I see. And with that logic then I assume the fact that they couldn't hold onto Dangerfield was bad luck for us as well.

If Brad Crouch (is that the supposedly good one?) signs a new deal we will get front and back page and an 8 page glossy liftout. #balance
Do you need to ask?

It got a quarter of a page about 7 pages in. Couldn't even beat out a story about John Platten passing a concussion test.

"'Come into The Printing Hub', says John 'The Rat' Platten for the nineteenth time since I've just sat down..."

Maybe the tiser are doing an exclusive interview with him today in time for a full page spread tomorrow to line up with family day. I have no idea but that is suspiciously little coverage by anyone's standards. Unless it's an up yours to port for trying to manage news of the signing like they did. Anyway just guesses

Maybe the tiser are doing an exclusive interview with him today in time for a full page spread tomorrow to line up with family day. I have no idea but that is suspiciously little coverage by anyone's standards. Unless it's an up yours to port for trying to manage news of the signing like they did. Anyway just guesses
What I absolutely loved is the way he and the club sent that letter to let us the members know, and that wording, sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back