AE The Official AE16 Launch and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And a big **** you to the Cowboys for putting in Romo for ONE DRIVE ONLY. FOR ****S SAKE DALLAS.

Eagles were 7pt favourites for a reason and the bookies were just about spot on this week across the board hence the high scoring week all round.

I only tipped us cause i support them and even then it was low CR!

I would like to announce that I'm back.

Congratulations on the title Sven, but I'm back to reclaim what's mine.
Talk s**t get hit

Blackjack and Hookers result : crowman_23 118 d Island Bomber 112

3BpLCSj.png

Striker the only reason you lost was Cleveland. How they lost that when inside the 10 with less than a minute to go only they know.

Congrats peterbuch74 on the season long effort but by golly you were KOTD today.

Bit harsh mate... we've all had games that we've snuck in or lost on throughout the year

Fact is, end of week 11 I was 18th overall sitting 62CR behind Striker475
Had to outscore him by just over 10CR per week and leapfrog everyone in the process
In the last 6 weeks had 3 scores of 120+ and snuck in by 2CR on the very last game of the season after averaging 107.5CR per week down the stretch
I was confident of jump into the top 10, and then making a run for a Top 4 place... I stuck to my guns and didn't flip on any results in the last 6 weeks, call it luck, I call it smart tipping.

Bit harsh mate... we've all had games that we've snuck in or lost on throughout the year

Fact is, end of week 11 I was 18th overall sitting 62CR behind Striker475
Had to outscore him by just over 10CR per week and leapfrog everyone in the process
In the last 6 weeks had 3 scores of 120+ and snuck in by 2CR on the very last game of the season after averaging 107.5CR per week down the stretch
I was confident of jump into the top 10, and then making a run for a Top 4 place... I stuck to my guns and didn't flip on any results in the last 6 weeks, call it luck, I call it smart tipping.
Totally agree. Especially with my stressing last night...stuck to my guns too. Biggest mistake was not trusting Pittsburgh - I couldn't not tip them but I did wonder, and with what happened my doubt was justified. Anyway, that's the way AE works.

Just have to go one better in 2017...well, that and demolish Hot Streak. I firmly believe that a 30+ score is reasonable with smart tipping there. Considering that I had one whiff over 35-odd picks with the MNF pick of the Vikings relatively early, it strikes me as the comp where you should be quite sensibly getting a big number up.

I call it smart tipping.

Oh was my comment about the last 6 weeks. Sorry must have missed that bit peterbuch74

I stand by my statement. Tipping 16 on PIT was at no time a smart tip this week and it took a deadset minor miracle for that 16CR not to be lost.

But you got the crucial piece of luck on the right game at the right time to take the title.

Congratulations. I will never win the overall title as I'm not consistent enough to ever do so. It is an impressive effort and achievement. I'm not denying that at all.

Doesn't mean my statement wasn't 100% accurate.

Congratulations to all winners and commiserations to those who fell short. For PB74 it may be "easy" winning twice but it's the toughest tipping comp I have been in.

Thanks to Woodson, JeffDunne and the rest of the team (another 3-4 of you) for putting on a great season yet again. I look forward to returning with another donation next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to all winners and commiserations to those who fell short. For PB74 it may be "easy" winning twice but it's the toughest tipping comp I have been in.

Thanks to Woodson, JeffDunne and the rest of the team (another 3-4 of you) for putting on a great season yet again. I look forward to returning with another donation next year!

Twice!! **** me that's a great effort. Well done again PB74 and bad luck Striker.

**** me! I get NO love for taking out Hotstreak. Assholes :'(

Look out for the AE16 Pennant Parade later this week (gimme a few days)… there's an almighty chance that you'll get a listing!!

giphy.gif

Oh was my comment about the last 6 weeks. Sorry must have missed that bit peterbuch74

I stand by my statement. Tipping 16 on PIT was at no time a smart tip this week and it took a deadset minor miracle for that 16CR not to be lost.

But you got the crucial piece of luck on the right game at the right time to take the title.

Congratulations. I will never win the overall title as I'm not consistent enough to ever do so. It is an impressive effort and achievement. I'm not denying that at all.

Doesn't mean my statement wasn't 100% accurate.

Tipping against the Cleveland Browns with 16CR was, in fact, a brilliant move all season long. Had you done that you would have achieved max points 15 out of a possible 17 weeks played.

The Browns were never beating the Squeelers....even if the Squeelers put 22 people from the stands out on the field.

So I respectfully and completely disagree it was not smart. ;)

Striker the only reason you lost was Cleveland. How they lost that when inside the 10 with less than a minute to go only they know.

Congrats peterbuch74 on the season long effort but by golly you were KOTD today.

Nah mate, not Cleveland's fault, but rather Cowboys - if they leave Romo in for more than 1 series, and they don't bring in the Sanchize to be the Sanchize, Striker wins it.

Congrats to PB74, very entertaining run to the title, very well earned peterbuch74 !!

And a big **** you to the Cowboys for putting in Romo for ONE DRIVE ONLY. FOR ****S SAKE DALLAS.

Not only for not leaving Romo in, but also for bringing Sanchize in. Like gifting the game to the Iggles...

Almost every comp was fantastically close this season, very well done to all contestants, and thanks heaps to everyone who helped to organise and promote each of the different comps.

One year I might make top twenty in one of them - until then, I really enjoy watching you all compete!!

I clicked on that tab and made selections all year, but it is never discussed. Was not even sure if it was a real contest or just a tab they did not bother to remove.

As the AE Commish.. I'm at a loss what GG was doing with updates.. (No financial prizes on offer)

wJzFHMT.gif

I was looking through the week 17 results. Does anyone (including Woodson) care about the fairly high number of people that didn't submit picks in week 17? Or does it not really matter by this week... especially given the number of NFL teams (I'm looking at you Pittsburgh) who didn't care about week 17 either?

I said a couple of months ago that I loved Hot Streak, cos it (along with High Roller I guess) gives people a reason to stay involved right up until the end... but it doesn't quite. It still results in a lot of non-selections in the final week.

A huge big thanks to all that participated & especially you lads that run this comp (Woodson bgt2110 GG Rides Again Broken and anyone else I missed apols - love the comps & it takes a huge amount of work to pull it off. !!

Congrats to Sven and @PeterBuch on your wins - PB that was some charge you made over the final month or so.
Striker475 - you were the man all year, no harm in coming second - well played mate !

I was looking through the week 17 results. Does anyone (including Woodson) care about the fairly high number of people that didn't submit picks in week 17? Or does it not really matter by this week... especially given the number of NFL teams (I'm looking at you Pittsburgh) who didn't care about week 17 either?

I said a couple of months ago that I loved Hot Streak, cos it (along with High Roller I guess) gives people a reason to stay involved right up until the end... but it doesn't quite. It still results in a lot of non-selections in the final week.

The only thing I can figure that would make sense to keep people interested in selecting the last week is to do this....we know the winners of the previous 16 weeks get invited to the HRS thing....perhaps the rest of us play out week 17 for a free entry the following season?

That is about all you can really do to try to make people play week 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back