NFL The Best QB of All Time: Poll

Who is the Best NFL QB of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That stat really irks me. So many times Rodgers has either taken the lead or drawn the game only for our special teams or defence to totally s**t the bed and lose the game.

Well, that stinks!! :thumbsdown: Better pack the nappies this weekend. :D

Marino
Brady
Manning
Montana
Rodgers
Elway
Farve
Young
Staubach
Bradshaw

Brady for me, way more consistent over his career than Marino. Not as good a support staff as some others. Also in an era of players moving teams a lot more.

Rodgers is up there. That throw running to his left...**** me!

Been following NFL for 40 years now so I have seen most on the list.
I voted Brady. Why...... ?!?!?!
Best I have seen, whilst not quite the complete package he is pretty close to it.
But his consistency is what sets him apart and why by the time he retires he will be GOAT.

Marino doesn't get a lot of love here IMO he was a seriously good QB.
I rate him as the second best I have seen , if he had had Montana's support cast he would have had multiply rings.

Montana so cool in a crisis and one of the smartest QB I have ever watched.... played to his limitations and did it ever so well. Had a lot of help mind you and I have to this day never seen "pass protection" as good as what the 49ers gave Montana.... oh..... and by the way Jerry Rice also helped Joe Cool look good.

Love watching Rodgers play if its not against The Pats.
He has time on his side and he may challenge Brady come 2023 ish whenever he retires.
For me his instinctive ability out shines Payton who was very very good but a bit too robotic for my liking.
Rogers natural ability to think his way through and out of a sticky situation.... and have the balls to go for it is a very unique skill set... and its a skill set that has always impressed me.

So :

Brady
Marino
Rodgers..... and closing in on the next two.
Montana
Manning of the P variety.

Fair bit of daylight then the rest of the pack.

My recollections also note the following:

Also miss the era of Bernie Kosar, Norman "Boomer" Esiason and "The Duke of Denver" John Elway.
Pure NFL footballers and pure entertainers one and all.

Steve Young ( the best leftie on the list ) was very fortunate to walk straight into a ready made team and prospered accordingly.
Good QB who played in a golden era where money bought whatever the team needed.
Lot harder now with a salary cap and free agency.

Last edited:
Full disclosure - I only started watching NFL about 15 years ago, so quite a few of these guys precede me. (Though I have watched old games and DVDs, particularly of Montana and Young with my brother being a big 9ers fan.)

For me? I loathe the bloke. He's everything that I hate - and am jealous of - in a man.

But I just can't argue with the results. Brady has to be considered the best IMO.

I haven't really seen much of him, but magpienato was there a reason that Unitas wasn't included? Was it just because he probably precedes any of us and there's not a lot of vision of him available?

Favre? For u "experts" who have seen many. I have only seen modern, last 15 years or so

Manning underrated in this poll in favour of players still playing. Probably not a suprise.

I strongly disagree with people that say that Brady had less supporting cast than Manning- he has the greatest supporting cast of all in the greatest coach of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manning underrated in this poll in favour of players still playing. Probably not a suprise.

I strongly disagree with people that say that Brady had less supporting cast than Manning- he has the greatest supporting cast of all in the greatest coach of all time.
Who is a defensive guru....
And if we want to bring in coaches, tom Moore was the best ever offensive guru to never be a head coach and he was mannings right hand man from draft day right through to when Payton won his 4th MVP award.

Agree with the majority sentiment in this thread/poll in that it is hard to argue with Brady's results (at least 4 SBs, 2x MVP, 2x 1st team AP) plus the fact that his was the QB of the greatest offense of all time (2007).

That said, I'm surprised that Johnny Unitas isn't in the poll but Bradshaw and Staubach are when Unitas is clearly better than those 2 and probably another 2+ in the poll as well

The 3 of you who picked Rodgers are just wrong.

Maybe he'll be up there when he retires and he may have the best arm ever but best ever is a ridiculous statement. He's been around half the time of the others and hasn't even been better than them over that time.

I'm obviously a biased, but I really don't see the argument for Manning. Sure he's top 5, but if you're going to go just of production its Marino in a harder era, if its success its Montana and Brady.
Any of the 3 is a pretty solid choice, maybe Manning as well, but Rodgers? You may as well vote for Eli

Last edited:
I haven't really seen much of him, but magpienato was there a reason that Unitas wasn't included? Was it just because he probably precedes any of us and there's not a lot of vision of him available?

That said, I'm surprised that Johnny Unitas isn't in the poll but Bradshaw and Staubach are when Unitas is clearly better than those 2 and probably another 2+ in the poll as well

This is strictly NFL, post 1966 merging. sorry Johnny Unitas.

Still played a few more years after that, including an MVP season though. I would've thought that, given he was still active after the merger, what he did before that could/should still be considered relevant.

I'd understand if the reason was simply that no one here would've seen enough of him to adequately, personally judge him - but it seems pretty arbitrary to me that, despite winning an MVP in 1967, everything pre-1966 can't be considered.

I still wouldn't have voted for him based on not having seen him, but I still felt it kind of devalued the poll.

Who is a defensive guru....
And if we want to bring in coaches, tom Moore was the best ever offensive guru to never be a head coach and he was mannings right hand man from draft day right through to when Payton won his 4th MVP award.

I'm not sure Bellichek's influence should be so limited. For the most part Brady's selling points are the dynasty's selling points though.

Manning was brilliant under three different head coaches, multiple offensive coordinators. I've no doubt he'd have won under Bellichek.

I'm also not so sure I want to accept your testimony re: offensive gurus.

I'm obviously a biased, but I really don't see the argument for Manning. Sure he's top 5, but if you're going to go just of production its Marino in a harder era, if its success its Montana and Brady.
Any of the 3 is a pretty solid choice, maybe Manning as well, but Rodgers? You may as well vote for Eli

I'm not so sure that success is Brady tbh.

Since Brady became the focal point of that team their strike rate re: superbowls has been dramatically lower.

Manning has had more superbowl success in the last decade and a bit than Brady.

The argument for Manning is easy. He was, more often than not, the best player in the league when he played (a ******* 5 time MVP) when Brady played.

Agree with the majority sentiment in this thread/poll in that it is hard to argue with Brady's results (at least 4 SBs, 2x MVP, 2x 1st team AP) plus the fact that his was the QB of the greatest offense of all time (2007).

Except that the 2007 patriots are NOT the best offence of all time.

I'm not so sure that success is Brady tbh.

Since Brady became the focal point of that team their strike rate re: superbowls has been dramatically lower.

Manning has had more superbowl success in the last decade and a bit than Brady.

The argument for Manning is easy. He was, more often than not, the best player in the league when he played (a ******* 5 time MVP) when Brady played.
This exactly.

Brady was put into Manning's position in what? 2006? Both won 1 ring and lost 2 in that time, Manning's last year could be compared to Brady's earlier ones.

The 3 of you who picked Rodgers are just wrong.

Really... Are we??

There is not one aspect of the QB position that Rodgers doesn't excel at. Deep balls, bullets, pocket awareness, accuracy, mobility, smarts, desire, toughness... You name it, he's got it.

The most complete QB I have ever watched, therefore is the best I've seen.

Really... Are we??

There is not one aspect of the QB position that Rodgers doesn't excel at. Deep balls, bullets, pocket awareness, accuracy, mobility, smarts, desire, toughness... You name it, he's got it.

The most complete QB I have ever watched, therefore is the best I've seen.
yeah, and Vince young could do that all in isolation too.
It's about sustained consistency too.

Back