MMA-UFC UFC 209 - WOODLEY VS THOMPSON II

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour going around that Khabib is struggling to make weight....

edit:
Nurmagomedov Vs Ferguson CANCELED

FFS!

F***... That sucks! Not again, UFC. Didn't they learn anything after Cerrone vs Gastelum?

Khabib just went down a notch in my books. Such a let down.

McGregor regarding Nurmagomedov after 205....
C6BBd4GWQAAcV2G.jpg:large

McGregor now has a legitimate reason to not fight him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ferguson's not fighting because they were going to pay him less to take a very short notice fight. ****ing stupid. They did that same shit with Cormier at UFC 200 and that was number 1 bullshit too.

White said that the fight might have been saved if Khabib came to them first. Good to know this guy doesn't give a shit about his fighters' health one bit. I'd love to hear White explain this, but he won't. Say stupid shit and leave it at that is his signature move.

White going back and forth with Woodley is great to promote the fight lol. Also this dumbass can't even say Woodley's first name properly. Tyron, not Tyrone, it's not ****ing hard. White loves to bury fighters. I think he fantasises about being a fighter. He starts shit with so many fighters and the only person he knows how to promote is himself.

Disappointing that Khabib/Ferguson isn't happening. It was the best fight on the card and was one of the best fights on paper in the sport's history.

So many evenly matched fights on this card. First time Woodley fought Thompson I said I hope it ends in a double KO. A draw was close enough.

This time I want Woodley to win just because the wanking over Thompson will be nauseating if he wins. GSP called him the best striker he's ever seen which is so funny. Rogan's weird. 99% of the time having a high guard is seemingly the only thing that matters to him but he also thinks Thompson is some striking genius.

So the official weigh-in time was shifted back not so long ago, but but I'm starting to think an extra 24 hours on top of that could be a positive for the sport. It would give the body more time to get back to functioning optimally.
I think the main objective of the new rule was to have guys cut less weight and have more time to recover. This has just made it harder for certain fighters whose ideal weight classes are in the middle of the ones that are already there.

The only solution is more weight classes and have deydration tests, but that will lead to a whole heap of fight cancelations as guys will continue to dehydrate themselves for a size advantage.

Khabib should have worried more about focusing on this fight & dropping weight.... instead of talking about McGregor, every time he opened his mouth.
Lol. I'm sure if he didn't talk about McGregor everything would have gone swimmingly.

Nobody has any idea what went wrong and you're jumping to conclusions. Weight cutting isn't something that always goes right if you do everything correctly.

Your complaint is the slightly better version of fans complaining about sportsmen having beards and long hair.

Weight cutting isn't something that always goes right if you do everything correctly.

This is very true. Although I'm not %100 buying that he got crook. The hospital visit may be a smoke screen to cover up that Khabib simply couldn't make weight.

He and his team went to the hospital on their own without notifying the UFC or their medicos.

Something stinks about this.

It doesnt matter why you dont make weight.. he didnt make weight. It's one of two things. Youre either too big and you shouldnt be at that division. Or you dont have the heart and you shouldnt be at that division. Both outcomes put the reaponsibility 100% on the fighter. If you don't make weight... you dont deserve shit.

Even though I'm missing out on a potentially great fight, every day of the week I would prefer a fighter to pull out due to the health. My entertainment at the end of the day is irrelevant.

But surely with the amount of pull outs in the last 12 months, it should send alarm bells that the weight cutting system deserves an overhaul?

Where's the communication between promoter and fighter? (lol), are there any procedures or sign offs with diet/medical staff undertaken?

Why aren't these questions getting asked at pressers rather than the same effing "how do you think you went?" "How will you beat them?" every single time?

I get that the fighters are paid and treated like shit bar the golden kids, but surely some onus has to come on to the fighter?, these are grown men and women.

Needs to be harsher penalties on missing weight IMO to give less incentive for people moving weight classes when deemed too risky.

Not directed at Khabib but all fighters in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back