Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Essendon, Sun 24/07, 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other teams have 200cm full forwards and still run two rucks. Never say never. It hasn’t been tried by this coach wit this game plan with this list.
It hasn’t been tried because we don’t have a 200cm full forward. We have 3 ruckmen.

It hasn’t been tried because we don’t have a 200cm full forward. We have 3 ruckmen.
If it weren’t a completely wrong take on Collingwood it would actually have been a very reasonable point. IMO, Mihocek at 200cm with Grundy and Cameron would be a tantalising mix!

In: Grundy, Adams, IQ
Out: Cox, Bianco, Ruscoe

Henry is stiff not to come back in as he's clearly too good for VFL but Johnson kicked 2 and looked good in the wet, surely he does even better in the dry.

Crisp to half back - Maynard to the midfield.
In - Quaynor, Adams - Grundy
Out - Ruscoe, Cox, WHE

I think Bianco did enough to hold his place. WHE would probably be a little stiff but his consistency is a concern.

In: Grundy, Adams, IQ
Out: Cox, Bianco, Ruscoe

Henry is stiff not to come back in as he's clearly too good for VFL but Johnson kicked 2 and looked good in the wet, surely he does even better in the dry.

I haven't watched the VFL game but read somewhere that Henry got a few cheap goals. is that right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Athletes don't make physiological gains in a few months whilst in-season. That isn't speculation. It's science.

Being able to run at the end of the game will be because he had his minutes managed during the game.

Why do teams training load at times through a season then?

Last time we won with Madgen, Cal Brown and McInnes in the side.

Granted we had Grundy and JDG whom both performed well, but it'll be a reasonably different side.

How are Essendon looking like lining up compared to last time?

Last time we got really lucky we kicked straight.

Can you imagine Crisp's games played record being broken via omission?
I have a feeling that’s what is irking people so much about the suggestion he’s underperforming. It’s a largely insignificant record imo, so it doesn’t come in to consideration for me, but I’m sure it does for others.

Why do teams training load at times through a season then?

Is that a serious question? In a word, maintenance- but that is pretty simplistic. Point is to obtain physiological gains, you need load followed by rest. To give benefit the load will be sufficient to bring on big fatigue, you rest and that is when the “body gets better”. In season players want to be fully rested at game time to perform.

This means they can’t carry big loads into a game and need to recover after. So they don’t have as much opportunity to load. And it takes months to make gains - the point was around Carmichael not making gains this season. He won’t, not to any serious level.

There is a lot more to it than that, but that’s it in a nutshell.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crisp to half back - Maynard to the midfield.
In - Quaynor, Adams - Grundy
Out - Ruscoe, Cox, WHE

I think Bianco did enough to hold his place. WHE would probably be a little stiff but his consistency is a concern.
I'd put Nick into the guts before Maynard - especially against a side like Essendoom

He has been really poor in particular in last quarters with the mistakes he has been making. I don’t know if it is fatigue or another reason but he could have easily cost us the Carlton , GC and Crows games. In saying this he would still be very high up again in the Copeland.
Why did he nearly cost us, in all those games? What errors did he make?

Last edited:
The bummers might try to tag Nick - he'll just slice and dice whoever plays on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back