List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i been trying to find out how many players we actually can have on the senior list and how many rookies
according to

We currently had 36 senior listed players 6 rookies (Miller , Stack , Pickett , Biggy , Aarts , Parker ) + 1 Cat B (Colina)
Stack & Pickett must be upgraded or delisted and Aarts/Parker delisted retired would leave us with just 2 Rookies and 1 Cat B.

Some teams in 2022 had 38 senior listed players with 6 Rookies Adelaide & St Kilda with Geelong having 38 also but only 3 rookies.

So if we can have 38 senior listed players that would be interesting as to what we might do as we have only 33 players on the senior list with the retirements of Lambert , Caddy , Edwards leaving us 5 senior spots and 2 Rookie spots

So Basically
In: Hopper , Taranto
Upgrade: Pickett , Stack
Draft : 1 new player
Draft: 2 Rookies

Yep, I remember him from that old Tigertalk page that Weaver used to run under his real name. Remember there used to be that guy Blackjack that was always stirring up trouble. I wonder if he ever ended up here. There's a few of us who ported across.
Yep thats where i remember him from too , i think that was the first ever tiger online community so i guess we were pioneers of a sort...
Ahh yes i remember blackjack ...

Karen Cornes on SEN reckons we will be giving up 4 first rounders for taranto and hopper 😂
Dragons Den GIF by BBC

Just a few things

RE:SOS
I wonder if he would have the same valuation if he was list manager of GWS ?
He just likes to please the listeners and become popular and there are alot of Richmond supporters , Taranto is easily worth #12 + #19 and GWS have every right to demand that and if we can get him for less then thats a bargain Hopper for F1+#30 is also about the value and again anything less is a win
Taranto +Hopper for all our picks would be a win win and if we get junk back even better.

I would love to keep Soldo but thinking he will have suitors and he will be thinking its time to move to get games and maybe more cash and i dont blame him to be honest sometimes you just need to move to further your career similar to Markov in a way. Richmond would not hold him back and will facilitate the trade 2nd rounder would be a pick in the 30's this year and for a contracted player thats about right

Gws may not be interested in SOLDO as he is too similar to what they have St Kilda , Hawks , Geelong , Carlton or maybe the Power

When he had GWS he drafted Marchbank, Setterfield, Pickett, and Ploughman with top 10’picks and then bought at Carlton for cents on the dollar. I think he has some understanding of what you get when your under cap pressure. He used his inside knowledge of some players contract situations to screw his old employer over.

Luckily the scum didn’t benefit from his sneaky dealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When he had GWS he drafted Marchbank, Setterfield, Pickett, and Ploughman with top 10’picks and then bought at Carlton for cents on the dollar. I think he has some understanding of what you get when your under cap pressure. He used his inside knowledge of some players contract situations to screw his old employer over.

Luckily the scum didn’t benefit from his sneaky dealing.

I would suggest that he still payed overs and GWS got the better of these deals still

I would suggest that he still payed overs and GWS got the better of these deals still

It wasn’t that clear cut at the time. It just seems really sus that a player worth pick 6 was out the door two years later for a second rounder.

There’s a rumour floating around that the saints might have been offered Whitfield. After losing out on DeGoey they are the type to chase a spud like Lachie out of desperation, especially if they have Hill’s money rattling around.

Just some advice on Big Footy. Trash talk and fantasy concepts are what you get. Don't bite, all it means is that you'll get more trash talk.

I grew up in Geelong (Lara) and I know it's just a small city. But it's fun for people to trash talk the opposition. And Geelong is so easy to trash talk. Moe by the sea etc. And if you don't take it personally it's funny.
Yep, I was born in Geelong (Belmont) and I hang shit on Geelong and laugh at the insults. Most are true anyway if he was being honest. That poster needs to toughen up!

This board has absolutely crucified SOS for having generally no idea and making terrible trades, but as soon as he says something that fits a narrative we like, we lap it up like it's gospel.

Never change you lot.
Even a broken clock is right sometimes

It wasn’t that clear cut at the time. It just seems really sus that a player worth pick 6 was out the door two years later for a second rounder.

There’s a rumour floating around that the saints might have been offered Whitfield. After losing out on DeGoey they are the type to chase a spud like Lachie out of desperation, especially if they have Hill’s money rattling around.

and if they (GWS) have any sense, they should have back-up strategies such as the above example in case there's no sensible trade for Taranto & Hopper proposed by us. They just have to get rid of salary, not specific players. We're pragmatic enough to get it done, but never count your chickens...

Yep thats where i remember him from too , i think that was the first ever tiger online community so i guess we were pioneers of a sort...
Ahh yes i remember blackjack ...
I used to be on that bloody thing , e-mail group wasnt it , weaver was the one who told me about BF ,,so blame him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some advice on Big Footy. Trash talk and fantasy concepts are what you get. Don't bite, all it means is that you'll get more trash talk.

I grew up in Geelong (Lara) and I know it's just a small city. But it's fun for people to trash talk the opposition. And Geelong is so easy to trash talk. Moe by the sea etc. And if you don't take it personally it's funny.
I spent a lot of time in Lara, have family there. Got a few roots at The Lyric Beck in the day 😍

Players would be fuming…reckon we will see an exit of some senior players wanting a trade if Turd gets the gig..

At this rate it seems like he's the only one that's keen on the job

I hope they do sign him purely for the lols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back