Game Day 2022 AFL Draft - Round 1 tonight! Coverage starts 7PM AEDT - Picks from 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks get shafted again.

Wasted a pick 5 on DGB, now 3 future picks for another half back flanker.

We are a team full of half backs. Don’t worry about getting the pill out of the centre and kicking goals.

I’d be shocked if we aren’t the lowest scoring team next season.

If it helps, Weddle has real defensive nous. Tackles to hurt, and talls and smalls alike both named him as the hardest guy to play on.

Hawks get shafted again.

We are a team full of half backs. Don’t worry about getting the pill out of the centre and kicking goals.

I'd give you your future 2nd for DGB if that's any consolation....

A bit disappointing in this day and age that the media sites don't specify which future picks are being traded and fans have to wait until after the draft to find out.

TRADES COMPLETED DURING 2022 AFL DRAFT

1. Brisbane gets 41, 50, 52 and 63 - Hawthorn gets 36 and future Round 3

2. Brisbane gets 40 - North Melbourne gets 63 and future Round 3

3. Hawthorn gets 18 - Sydney gets 27, future Round 2 and future Round 3

For trade 3, I reckon the Hawks would have traded F2 from WBD and the F3 they received from Brisbane which could have been Melbourne's or Brisbane's or WBDs. The Hawks are likely to have kept all their natural future picks.
Hawks confirmed that they traded their own F2 and F3. North got Melbourne's F3.

To be able to match Ashcroft and Fletcher, not go into deficit next year, and add Dunkley, Gunston, and McKenna - my goodness, that is outstanding work by Conole and co.
No deficit but your draft hand for 2023 was still impacted by burning through 2 x F3s as part of the trades. It’s not like you guys got away clean.

No deficit but your draft hand for 2023 was still impacted by burning through 2 x F3s as part of the trades. It’s not like you guys got away clean.
The two F3's they brought in, to use for this exact situation to make sure they don't go into deficit? I'm sure they're heartbroken about losing two picks in the 50's next year.

Jog on campaigner
Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

Essendon should trade 25 and their F3 for GWS 21 to get a player in before Davey Jnr bid.

F3 wont cut it. 1st pick on day 2 generally costs a fair bit to tradefor.

The two F3's they brought in, to use for this exact situation to make sure they don't go into deficit? I'm sure they're heartbroken about losing two picks in the 50's next year.
Not saying they are just saying it’s not like they were magically able to pull it off all within their 2022 draft hand.

Their options were to go into deficit and lose 37 next year or do the trades and lose their 2 x F3s. They chose the right option, just pointing out there was some cost to it.

Hawks get shafted again.

Weddle's no slouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying they are just saying it’s not like they were magically able to pull it off all within their 2022 draft hand.

Their options were to go into deficit and lose 37 next year or do the trades and lose their 2 x F3s. They chose the right option, just pointing out there was some cost to it.

If you consider where we were at the start of the trade period, we pulled off matching bids for pick 2 and 12, as well as bringing in Dunkley and Gunston for the cost of our 2022 draft hand (15, 33, 44, 69), a future first and McStay.

Really just (continues to) show the flaws in the points/bidding system.

If you consider where we were at the start of the trade period, we pulled off matching bids for pick 2 and 12, as well as bringing in Dunkley and Gunston for the cost of our 2022 draft hand (15, 33, 44, 69), a future first and McStay.

Really just (continues to) show the flaws in the points/bidding system.
Yeah it was an unreal effort by your team. Well executed.

My point was practically you took a deficit for next year but rather than it being your first pick (37) you moved it to 2 x F3s which was certainly the right decision. Im sure you guys could care less though after your haul.

Hawks get shafted again.

But at least they are having fun

So they used an Ultra Ball on him instead of a regular Pokeball.
To catch a level 25 Growlithe. Potential to be great but could have easily used a Great ball in the trade.

Yeah it was an unreal effort by your team. Well executed.

My point was practically you took a deficit for next year but rather than it being your first pick (37) you moved it to 2 x F3s which was certainly the right decision. Im sure you guys could care less though after your haul.

It does explain some of the drawn out haggling on the Dunkley trade. Those two FR3 traded were acquired via that trade, and Brisbane giving up their FR4 meant they had to acquire it elsewhere to allow trading of those picks.

Hawks get shafted again.

If he ends up a quality player, you'll forget about what you paid

Sam Mitchell just looks like a guy who had a fortunate career with a lot of things going right for him and now just expects all decisions he makes will be coated with gold.

If Mitchell is the one making those sort of decisions the Hawks list management set up would be the only one in the league operating like that

Coaches point the way …. list managers pull the levers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back