Preview Changes: R3 v Port Adelaide, Saturday April 1, 7.00pm ACDT at Adelaide Oval

When will the Crows win next?

• R3 vs Port Adelaide

• R4 vs Fremantle (H)

• R5 vs Carlton (H)

• R6 vs Hawthorn (A, Tasmania)

• R7 vs Collingwood (H)

• R8 vs Geelong (A, Kardina)

• R9 vs St Kilda (H)

• R10 vs Western Bulldogs (A, Ballarat)

• R11 vs Brisbane (H)

• R12 vs Gold Coast (A, NT)

• R13 vs West Coast (H)

• R15 vs Collingwood (A, MCG)

• R16 vs North Melbourne (H)

• R17 vs Essendon (A, Marvel)

• R18 vs GWS (H)

• R19 vs Melbourne (A, MCG)

• R20 vs Port Adelaide

• R21 vs Gold Coast (H)

• R22 vs Brisbane (A, Gabba)

• R23 vs Sydney (H)

• R24 vs West Coast (A, Perth)

• Winless Season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Explained above, he can still play with it, just a bit of discomfort (most players are carrying a small niggle every season). If Keane was AFL fit I assume he’s probably playing now and they’re giving Butts a proper rest.
Still makes no sense to play him if there’s any doubt, which clearly there is.
We aren’t contending.

Can't you read?

I have already said Keane or Himmelberg!

The fact you are supporting playing 1 tall defender against 3 tall forwards says everything.

It was a ridiculous selection & laughable that anyone is justifying it.
I said prior to selection that there are NO DECENT OPTIONS. The T&Ts had a Win/Win/Win|Win/Win.

Select Butts - Bloody stupid selecting a player with a dicky shoulder.

Select Keane - What a joke selecting an inexperienced player out of the game for a year after a 5 week preseason

Select Borlase - Can’t defend in the SANFL, sack Nicks.

Select Himmelberg - The club is a disgrace. He has played 2 quarters in defence since under 14s

Go with an undersized backline - I’ve had enough of this s**t .

We are really missing Worrell. Keane is a good long term option.

Butts will probably play on Finlayson, Murray on Dixon and Doedee or Michaelanney (my preferred option) on Marshall. Hopefully Butts can get in the right position to spoil with his good arm.

Frankly, I think our main danger is their small forwards and midfielders kicking goals.

I said prior to selection that there are NO DECENT OPTIONS. The T&Ts had a Win/Win/Win|Win/Win.

Select Butts - Bloody stupid selecting a player with a dicky shoulder.

Select Keane - What a joke selecting an inexperienced player out of the game for a year after a 5 week preseason

Select Borlase - Can’t defend in the SANFL, sack Nicks.

Select Himmelberg - The club is a disgrace. He has played 2 quarters in defence since under 14s

Go with an undersized backline - I’ve had enough of this s**t .

We are really missing Worrell. Keane is a good long term option.

Butts will probably play on Finlayson, Murray on Dixon and Doedee or Michaelanney (my preferred option) on Marshall. Hopefully Butts can get in the right position to spoil with his good arm.

Frankly, I think our main danger is their small forwards and midfielders kicking goals.
No, going in with 1 key defender was inexcusable... yet here is the #1 club apologist justifying lunacy...

Last edited:
Poor form because of injury ;)

Hope he isn't going to be the 2022 Doedee...
So his injury improved and so has his form in 1 SANFL game.

If he’s good to play this week he was last week instead of going in one tall short. There is no way Nicks and his fanbois can justify it.

I want him to try and explain the Himmelberg/RT selection as well given the last game.

Agree with this. And his disposal by foot is mostly very accurate, keeps his kicks low and fast, and to advantage. He is nowhere close to being dropped imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hinge is great as a winger , not so good at half back

We seem content to play our 2 best wings in defence unfort

The trial against west coast and the first half against GWS Hinge was v good on the wing

Milera IN, on the back of what? Bewildering Selection, nuts. I'd have picked Jones before him.

Butts back in; money has changed hands. Can't be on improved performance/fitness.

Thilthorpe, meh (edit: has yet to come good, but should be exposed to AFL as much as poss.)
Is Gollant, is good.

What is the logic behind playing Thilthorpe as the sub last week? Wouldn't you want a runner with some fresh legs to come in?

Hinge is great as a winger , not so good at half back

We seem content to play our 2 best wings in defence unfort

The trial against west coast and the first half against GWS Hinge was v good on the wing
And Dawson said above if he was a selector he'd play himself at half forward...the position that saw him get drafted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Dawson said above if he was a selector he'd play himself at half forward...the position that saw him get drafted?

He played HB at Sydney.

But it is a waste of his skillset. And he is deeper in defence now.

Not sure he could be a pure mid, I reckon he struggles a bit in traffic.

Wing/HF as an outside centre square option is where he should play IMO

Pretty much the role Sloane is doing.

Get Doedee back into his HB/interceptor role as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Poor form because of injury ;)

Hope he isn't going to be the 2022 Doedee...
Unlike most other “experts” on AFC Bigfooty, I have watched Butts live on 3 occasions this year. I would love to be proven wrong but I think there is very little chance that he will come good (and I said this 5 weeks ago).

We have 5 possible key defenders. Keane, Worrell and Borlase have played 10 games in the AFL between them. Butts and Murray are still young and learning. We were always going to be in trouble if Butts, Murray or Worrell were injured or lost form.

Arguably our mistake was not offering Big Billy another contract and I seem to recall that most of the T&Ts were big fans of Billy.

He played HB at Sydney.

The second half of his last Sydney year was on the wing and he starred

Unlike most other “experts” on AFC Bigfooty, I have watched Butts live on 3 occasions this year. I would love to be proven wrong but I think there is very little chance that he will come good (and I said this 5 weeks ago).

We have 5 possible key defenders. Keane, Worrell and Borlase have played 10 games in the AFL between them. Butts and Murray are still young and learning. We were always going to be in trouble if Butts, Murray or Worrell were injured or lost form.

Arguably our mistake was not offering Big Billy another contract and I seem to recall that most of the T&Ts were big fans of Billy.
That’s all well and good. But how do you explain Butts not being ok to play against Richmond but ok this week? Either week has to be a selection error, they both can’t be right, unless you’re a FIGJAM with unreal opinions

He played HB at Sydney.

Yep, his role should be effectively an unaccountable one, ie he destroys the Oppo so much off of wing etc that the opposition are forced to man him up.

Making him accountable at half back for the player type he is, is disgraceful.

Back