Preview Changes: R3 v Port Adelaide, Saturday April 1, 7.00pm ACDT at Adelaide Oval

When will the Crows win next?

• R3 vs Port Adelaide

• R4 vs Fremantle (H)

• R5 vs Carlton (H)

• R6 vs Hawthorn (A, Tasmania)

• R7 vs Collingwood (H)

• R8 vs Geelong (A, Kardina)

• R9 vs St Kilda (H)

• R10 vs Western Bulldogs (A, Ballarat)

• R11 vs Brisbane (H)

• R12 vs Gold Coast (A, NT)

• R13 vs West Coast (H)

• R15 vs Collingwood (A, MCG)

• R16 vs North Melbourne (H)

• R17 vs Essendon (A, Marvel)

• R18 vs GWS (H)

• R19 vs Melbourne (A, MCG)

• R20 vs Port Adelaide

• R21 vs Gold Coast (H)

• R22 vs Brisbane (A, Gabba)

• R23 vs Sydney (H)

• R24 vs West Coast (A, Perth)

• Winless Season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So his injury improved and so has his form in 1 SANFL game.

If he’s good to play this week he was last week instead of going in one tall short. There is no way Nicks and his fanbois can justify it.

I want him to try and explain the Himmelberg/RT selection as well given the last game.

He's got a niggle. Takes a week at the slower pace of the twos, playing limited minutes. Has got up for this game.

Maybe he just feels a bit better than he did a couple of weeks ago?

The second half of his last Sydney year was on the wing and he starred
Let's not get into this again.

We've shown in previous discussions that Sydney play their wingmen behind the ball.

His heat maps now are close to exactly the same as what he was doing at Sydney.

Dawson at the Crows is playing a very similar role to Dawson at the Swans - the only significant difference is he does more kickouts with us. He spends his time in the same areas of the ground.

Last edited:

Can’t believe people already can’t remember him playing wing at Sydney

He was dominant and kicked goals

Similar with us first 4 games last year
Christ, we're doing this again, are we.

I'm tapping out. Someone else can show the stats where Dawson was getting 60% to 70% of his disposals in the defensive half, and then someone else can argue that he was still playing as a wingman, and then someone ELSE can say he only kicked six goals that entire year.

The Dawson role at Sydney is VERY similar to what he's doing here, but if you do disagree, that's fine too.

Let's not get into this again.

We've shown in previous discussions that Sydney play their wingmen behind the ball.

His heat maps now are close to exactly the same as what he was doing at Sydney.

Dawson at the Crows is playing a very similar role to Dawson at the Swans - the only significant difference is he does more lockouts with us. He spends his time in the same areas of the ground.
Oh wow, you were wrong then, you seemed to come around and then now you’ve gone back to it?

What was proven that in the second half of his last Sydney year he was playing wing.

And for you to state he’s playing similar role now is just wow, has Kristof hacked your account this morning.

Christ, we're doing this again, are we.

I'm tapping out. Someone else can show the stats where Dawson was getting 60% to 70% of his disposals in the defensive half, and then someone else can argue that he was still playing as a wingman, and then someone ELSE can say he only kicked six goals that entire year.

The Dawson role at Sydney is VERY similar to what he's doing here, but if you do disagree, that's fine too.
Wow. Wrong again. It was 9 goals and they all came after round 12 when wait for it……he was moved to the wing 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Shoulders? Cmon mate, that’s a ridiculous reply.
If it's a serious shoulder injury, he should be in for surgery.

If it's a strain that has come from a lot of one on one contact, then it's going to be better or worse depending on where it's at in its recovery.

It's certainly not going to be exactly the same weeks after contracting it.

I would play him. He's either right to play or he's not - if he's not, don't play him at all. His form has been crap, but he's the best option we've got.

Just when you think you’ve read it all, a shoulder issue which has been carried through the preseason is just a niggle which is now better by playing seconds.

What’s the bet if it was end of season he’d be having surgery like Doedee did.

Oh wow, you were wrong then, you seemed to come around and then now you’ve gone back to it?

What was proven that in the second half of his last Sydney year he was playing wing.

And for you to state he’s playing similar role now is just wow, has Kristof hacked your account this morning.
It's was absolutely 100% proven where Dawson was getting his disposals for Sydney.

People wanted to argue that he was playing wing while still getting 2/3 of his possessions in the defensive half.

I had evidence, others had opinions.

Eventually, I got exhausted of arguing. All I can do is show statistics that proved my argument. If people didn't want to believe it, if people want to say that statistic, numbers and heat maps are misleading, that's fine - I don't actually win anything from debating things for hours in BigFooty.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Murphy kept his place and he’s shown an ability to wing a clearance, plus he’s supposed to have defensive capabilities, I hope he’s playing midfield and tagging Rozee.

If we don’t tag Rozee and he burns, hand him the medal and Port a big win. We’ve got to not get spanked in the middle, if we can sort of break in we can win

Just when you think you’ve read it all, a shoulder issue which has been carried through the preseason is just a niggle which is now better by playing seconds.

What’s the bet if it was end of season he’d be having surgery like Doedee did.
Now I've read it all - injuries are permanently the same.

If he has a chronic shoulder condition, then send him in for surgery.

If he has a shoulder strain, then have him in a recovery program, which could include lighter duties and managed time in the seconds.

It's was absolutely 100% proven where Dawson was getting his disposals for Sydney.

People wanted to argue that he was playing wing while still getting 2/3 of his possessions in the defensive half.

Eventually, I got exhausted of arguing. All I can do is show statistics that proved my argument. If people didn't want to believe it, if people want to say that statistic, numbers and heat maps are misleading, that's fine - I don't actually win anything from debating things for hours in BigFooty.

Look, I’m not going to rehash this argument again and quite frankly I’m shocked that you are going down this path again.

He was moved to the wing half way through the year. Yes he spent sometime in defence as all wingman do, that’s the position they move up and down the ground. Hell I’m even suggesting if Dawson plays wing for us he will be more helpful in defence than he is now, than playing on a forward in a defensive role. The difference is he can be more attacking and kick goals, just like he did with Sydney when he was moved to the wing. Plus he has elite delivery to the forwards.

If you can’t tell the difference between a wingman pushing back to help defence and a defender, I can’t help you, no one can and you should seriously stop posting on the subject.

Now I've read it all - injuries are permanently the same.

If he has a chronic shoulder condition, then send him in for surgery.

If he has a shoulder strain, then have him in a recovery program, which could include lighter duties and managed time in the seconds.
SHOULDER SHOULDER SHOULDER SHOULDER

That type of injury doesn’t get better with one week playing SANFL.

As for your surgery comment, have you forgotten Doedee last year who carried it most the year, his form was poor then went in for post season surgery.

Butts isn’t better after a week in the SANFL. It’s another idiotic position you’re taking. Seriously dude, take the day off.

That’s all well and good. But how do you explain Butts not being ok to play against Richmond but ok this week? Either week has to be a selection error, they both can’t be right, unless you’re a FIGJAM with unreal opinions

Players have niggles and get rested / omitted all the time. It’s not something that’s unusual.

But going with your view, perhaps the club feels Keane not ready for AFL, Borlase just not at the level, Butts struggling badly and Worrell injured. Let’s try and see if our 190cm group can assist Murray enough to get by

Port do it week in week out - unfortunately all our 190 guys don’t have the weight size to cope with it like a Jonas can

Himmelberg I don’t list because he hasn’t played back at a senior level that I am aware of - but having TT as the emergency probably meant that if the defense wasn’t working against the Tigers then Himm goes back and TT subs on - just forced into earlier

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know we are down for options.

In round 1 Hogan kicked 3.3. Their other tall forwards did * all.

In rd 2, Richmond talls were much more effective because we went too short.

Every time we’ve gone short in defence it hasn’t worked.

Butts is clearly hampered. But when your shuffling other players to play defence in his absence, you’re taking away from other areas of the ground.

Now let’s see if our coaches play EH in the seconds to try and develop some options. Keeping in mind that we had all preseason to try him there knowing we were short on KPD and we had RT and other forward options. Do you think this was smart or dumb planning by the coaches?

Agree we should be trialling him there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ring the swans and ask them

You couldn’t be more wrong

I still can't understand why Himmelberg wasn't trained up as a defender this off season. He's played defence before so it's not foreign to him and we were always one injury away from being totally ****ed down there. Hell we still might be with a fully fit Butts, he wasn't great last year.

Back