Preview Changes: R3 v Port Adelaide, Saturday April 1, 7.00pm ACDT at Adelaide Oval

When will the Crows win next?

• R3 vs Port Adelaide

• R4 vs Fremantle (H)

• R5 vs Carlton (H)

• R6 vs Hawthorn (A, Tasmania)

• R7 vs Collingwood (H)

• R8 vs Geelong (A, Kardina)

• R9 vs St Kilda (H)

• R10 vs Western Bulldogs (A, Ballarat)

• R11 vs Brisbane (H)

• R12 vs Gold Coast (A, NT)

• R13 vs West Coast (H)

• R15 vs Collingwood (A, MCG)

• R16 vs North Melbourne (H)

• R17 vs Essendon (A, Marvel)

• R18 vs GWS (H)

• R19 vs Melbourne (A, MCG)

• R20 vs Port Adelaide

• R21 vs Gold Coast (H)

• R22 vs Brisbane (A, Gabba)

• R23 vs Sydney (H)

• R24 vs West Coast (A, Perth)

• Winless Season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't understand why Himmelberg wasn't trained up as a defender this off season. He's played defence before so it's not foreign to him and we were always one injury away from being totally ****ed down there. Hell we still might be with a fully fit Butts, he wasn't great last year.
Because we are so good at player management.
It's why Nankervis is now playing defence. Just in case the 12 half back flankers we already have get injured at the same time.

We really are a joke of a club.

I still can't understand why Himmelberg wasn't trained up as a defender this off season. He's played defence before so it's not foreign to him and we were always one injury away from being totally ****ed down there. Hell we still might be with a fully fit Butts, he wasn't great last year.

The great 'Billy' in season swap of role and then trade process being put in place.

Agree though, seems weird this wasn't done.

The great 'Billy' in season swap of role and then trade process being put in place.

Agree though, seems weird this wasn't done.

Main difference being, is Himmelberg isn't completely new to playing defence. It's just yet another baffling lack of thought though isn't it?

Dont reacon they’ll play Himm in defense in the seconds when they have just elevated Gollant.. will need to replace Gollant in that sanfl forward line position..

Madgen and keane can be the KPD’s..

Unless they again use Madgen as a forward..
Madgen played as a key forward in the trial against Glenelg. We don’t usually set up our SANFL team to maximise our chance of winning. In our Twos the players are usually placed where they will play in the AFL. Against Glenelg we had Taylor plus top ups as inside mids (Crouch and Hately were injured) and played Jones on the wing andCook at half back.

I am not convinced thatThe Berg can be a key defender but it is worth a try. Big Billy could win a premiership medal this year 😳.

Main difference being, is Himmelberg isn't completely new to playing defence. It's just yet another baffling lack of thought though isn't it?
The start to the season has been smelly.

Not saying he deserves it but the start of the year has all the hallmarks of a coach on the way out.

Just when you think you’ve read it all, a shoulder issue which has been carried through the preseason is just a niggle which is now better by playing seconds.

What’s the bet if it was end of season he’d be having surgery like Doedee did.
Roo and Reid are doing an awful job of managing our list. We have 30 flankers and hardly a decent KPD and midfielder. That's some achievement. In saying that Ogilvie needs to take some responsibility for not pushing back against list management's misguided approach and not having a good track record on numerous high end picks. Surely the board can see that. If not it's time for a new direction at board level.

Last edited:
Seeing Murphy kept his place and he’s shown an ability to wing a clearance, plus he’s supposed to have defensive capabilities, I hope he’s playing midfield and tagging Rozee.

If we don’t tag Rozee and he burns, hand him the medal and Port a big win. We’ve got to not get spanked in the middle, if we can sort of break in we can win
With Schoenberg out of side and no midfielder replacing him I expect Murphy to get some mid minutes

Don’t mind the Rozee idea , think he’d hold his own in close on him amongst traffic but Rozee would get him on outside just thru smarts as much as anything

With Schoenberg out of side and no midfielder replacing him I expect Murphy to get some mid minutes

Don’t mind the Rozee idea , think he’d hold his own in close on him amongst traffic but Rozee would get him on outside just thru smarts as much as anything
I think we will see more mid time for Rachele, Soligo and a slight increase in Pedlar's minutes in there. I think they will also give Keays some more cba's. We need Laird and Bery to lift their output for us to win. I hope Nicks is smart enough to keep the injured Sloane out of there.

People can’t have it both ways. Either it was wrong to leave him out last week or it’s wrong to bring him in this week. But it can’t be wrong to leave him out AND bring him back.
it was wrong to drop him without a proper replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Murphy kept his place and he’s shown an ability to wing a clearance, plus he’s supposed to have defensive capabilities, I hope he’s playing midfield and tagging Rozee.

If we don’t tag Rozee and he burns, hand him the medal and Port a big win. We’ve got to not get spanked in the middle, if we can sort of break in we can win
Good teams don't tag. You know that.
We will probably play play Laird V Rozee. When Rozee has 28 and 2 goals and Port win by 10 goals, we will give Laird 4 votes for his 32 ineffective possessions.

course its a sell out..need room for the tarps so seats strictly limited

be5aa28c8e7ee12d6693d9cf0ee41868

Christ, we're doing this again, are we.

I'm tapping out. Someone else can show the stats where Dawson was getting 60% to 70% of his disposals in the defensive half, and then someone else can argue that he was still playing as a wingman, and then someone ELSE can say he only kicked six goals that entire year.

The Dawson role at Sydney is VERY similar to what he's doing here, but if you do disagree, that's fine too.
Ring the swans and ask them

You couldn’t be more wrong

Ask them what? Did he play wing?

My point is that the Dawson role here is similar to what he played at Sydney, that Sydney often push their wings behind the ball for defensive rebound.

People carry on like Pork Chops - why can't we play him more like they did at Sydney??

Meanwhile:

From Round 12 2021 at Sydney, Dawson played 70.6% of his time in the defensive half
From Round 12 2022 at Adelaide, Dawson played 71% of his time in the defensive half.

Source: AFL Player Heat Maps - DFS Australia

That's my point. That "play him like they did at Sydney" isn't something vastly different to what's happening now. He kicked 9 goals for Sydney and 10 goals for us.

The Dawson role at Sydney is VERY similar to what he's doing here, but if you do disagree, that's fine too.

Ask them what? Did he play wing?

My point is that the Dawson role here is similar to what he played at Sydney, that Sydney often push their wings behind the ball for defensive rebound.

People carry on like Pork Chops - why can't we play him more like they did at Sydney??

Meanwhile:

From Round 12 2021 at Sydney, Dawson played 70.6% of his time in the defensive half
From Round 12 2022 at Adelaide, Dawson played 71% of his time in the defensive half.

Source: AFL Player Heat Maps - DFS Australia

That's my point. That "play him like they did at Sydney" isn't something vastly different to what's happening now. He kicked 9 goals for Sydney and 10 goals for us.
Do you honestly not understand the difference between a defender and a wingman?

As for comparing goals, wow, he kicked those goals when he’s been moved up the ground. Just like at Sydney.

This is not your finest work at all.

Back