Collingwood apologise for booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm….so a coach is asked ‘What did you think about the boo’ing of Buddy’

Whats he supposed to say, ‘Who’s Buddy?’.😆😆

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

Nah…I refer back to my earlier post….you’re distinctly paranoid.

Me and the rest of society but not you it seems.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.
But nah not you. You know he was just saying why boo bud for no reason.

Hated the dons fans booing pendles winning an anzac day medal. Pies rightly criticised it. Thats me as well. I dont get booing.

The behaviour is no doubt 19th man/frenzy type stuff. The supporter base is what it is and we all know what to expect. Ive been to 4 pies games this year and their fans are at 150%.

Was there rd1 and Henry copped it and gave it back. It was fair enough...though it does make me laugh when they act concerned for Ginnivan.

Was there for rd2 and was genuinely puzzled.

Was at ydays game and it was the fans playing the part in a hot match.

I dont think it was racist.
But it's a s**t look that champs or kids are targeted.

Henry - fine. He was a willing participant that game
If an oppo player snipes one of theirs - fine.

Alternatively - lets all boo nick for the rest of his career ;)
All I took from this is you’re a closet Collingwood supporter, because you attend more Pies games than I do.

Welcome to the dark side, my friend.

All I took from this is you’re a closet Collingwood supporter, because you attend more Pies games than I do.

Welcome to the dark side, my friend.
Mum finally has some freedom to get to the footy after my nan passed. Ive started taking to her as many as we can (first anzac day we've missed since 95 outside covid though!)

Its good your bunch are fun to watch.
But * me the crowd is frothier than usual. :p

For acting like a flog and complaining about every decision that doesn’t go his way?
So why doesn't Jack Riewoldt get booed every time he touches the ball? He whines arms out to the umps constantly, flops and scrags. Gives late hits (Sicily 2020 when they were pumping the tigers)

Hmmm 🤔

Last edited:

Let’s not boo people who don’t deserve it.
That’s the thing though, people who don’t deserve it don’t get booed. Shaun Burgoyne never got booed, Steele Sidebottom never gets booed, Luke Parker never gets booed, Anthony Koutoufides never got booed, Lenny Hayes never got booed, Touk Miller never gets booed.

Maybe the fans have a sense for players that can act like flogs at time, because it’s only those types that seem to cop it. Buddy ain’t no angel.

Oh hang on so now booing Ginnivan is okay? What about his mental health?
Oh yeah, mental health. He seems so distraught from the notoriety.
JackGinnivanimage.jpg

Mum finally has some freedom to get to the footy after my nan passed. Ive started taking to her as many as we can (first anzac day we've missed since 95 outside covid though!)

Its good your bunch are fun to watch.
But * me the crowd is frothier than usual. :p
No greater pride for me than ANY fan of any footy club getting to enjoy the theatrics of the Magpie army in full flight, both good and bad, at the coliseum called the MCG with the thing packed to the rafters 👌🏼 particularly when Collingwood is up and about. No greater sight in football.

Tom Stewart ….Booooooooooooooooo. He/she is going to get F$&¥king booed all game. And our next game and the next…. If I saw him walking down the street I’d boo him. Booooooooooo booooooooooooo.

The Pendles booing was more so because of the frustration at the umpiring for 2 decisions Essendon fans didn’t like and thought they should’ve won.
Yep, I never took that as Bombers fans booing Pendlebury directly - it was after a few sus decisions and the Dons fans were fuming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure those feral jailbirds were booing at anything in red and white that moved - it wasn't dedicated to anyone in particular. A bit bizarre nonetheless.
You’d have almost assumed it was a sports match…

To boo our only aboriginal player, in our first game back in Melbourne against them since the Adam Goodes game, isn't a great look for Collingwood FC, whether it was 'revenge' for booing the cheater Ginnivan or not. Thems the facts.
An AFL team only having one indigenous player?? I'd more concerned about that tbh..

Dunno if you really want to take this discussion about racism back to the 90s but we can if you want..

I’m no fan of booing and think that those who do it for reasons other than racism are unknowingly covering for and enabling those that are.

However the hypocrisy of Sydney on this issue grates a bit.

Regards

S. Pete

Remove this Banner Ad

Back