Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

TMac and Harmes should never be in the side ever again to start with. Dont have to bring all 4 in at once, but stop going back to well on the same blokes who havent got it done for 18 months. If we are going to be average do it with some young blood. You never know if you dont try them. Might find another McVee and actually get better rather than getting worse.

Look, all internet snark aside, I'm with you on Harmes and TMac, and with you on bringing in some freshness. McVee has been incredibly underrated IMO, his cleanliness with ground balls has saved us a stack of times. Personally, I'd love to send Bowey forward, drop Spargo, and bring in Howes for Bowey's spot. Bowey has the mongrel and the sublime boot to make a difference there I reckon. Spargo can be clever, but 0 goals, 0 goal assists and 0 inside 50s is the opposite of what we need from him and he disappears too often.

Would it also be ridiculous to put Hunter in a few CBAs and try Salem on the wing? Just for like 20% of the game?

I dunno, probably all academic as the stubborn coach is getting more so as the year goes on.

I still want Turner to get another/more opportunities, I think judging him off a terrible matchup with Casboult is dumb, I liked what I saw against the Pies last year on debut and hes been good at VFL level. This probably isn't the week we will try him against McKay and Curnow, yesterday would have been a perfect chance however,

Look, all internet snark aside, I'm with you on Harmes and TMac, and with you on bringing in some freshness. McVee has been incredibly underrated IMO, his cleanliness with ground balls has saved us a stack of times. Personally, I'd love to send Bowey forward, drop Spargo, and bring in Howes for Bowey's spot. Bowey has the mongrel and the sublime boot to make a difference there I reckon. Spargo can be clever, but 0 goals, 0 goal assists and 0 inside 50s is the opposite of what we need from him and he disappears too often.

Would it also be ridiculous to put Hunter in a few CBAs and try Salem on the wing? Just for like 20% of the game?

I dunno, probably all academic as the stubborn coach is getting more so as the year goes on.

Agree with all this, good options.

See, you can be a critical thinker when you try rather than trotting out the Goody/company line constantly. :p

Agree with all this, good options.

See, you can be a critical thinker when you try rather than trotting out the Goody/company line constantly. :p

Haha fair, but this is where I'm probs misunderstood, I'm definitely not a Goody line guy... Some concerns there, but as I've said before I'm holding off on windows and sliding doors until around round 16.

Haha fair, but this is where I'm probs misunderstood, I'm definitely not a Goody line guy... Some concerns there, but as I've said before I'm holding off on windows and sliding doors until around round 16.

If we are being honest with ourselves the forward line/connection/method has been garbage for the past 5 years except for getting hot at the right time in September in 2022 and the odd flash here or there, apart from beating up on poor opposition this year it still looks no different. Massive red flags for me. Goody hasn't learnt shit. We are always running into the same road blocks against better than average opposition. "Forward connection needs to be better" ..you could put together a 12 hour mix tape of Goody saying that since 2019

Last edited:
Add another week where JVR looks half the player he is with TMac in side to the resume. All the games where he has done **** all have TMac involved.

Having that slow useless campaigner in the side is hurting his development, not helping.

Grundy in for scans.

Tom McDonald, Ben Brown, Jake Melksham three-headed monster incoming :rainbow:

Grundy in for scans.

Tom McDonald, Ben Brown, Jake Melksham three-headed monster incoming :rainbow:

Perfect chance to get smaller and faster, na, lets get taller and slower!

Absolutely can see it.

Perfect chance to get smaller and faster, na, lets get taller and slower!

Absolutely can see it.
Brown, Hunter and Melksham for Grundy, Harmes and Chandler, nothing surer

Dont forget Tomo for Bowey or McVee
Wouldn't rule out a panicked return of Oliver, either.

(We need him, of course, but if they cause him to blow out his hamstring for a desperate win over 13th, I'll be livid).

Wouldn't rule out a panicked return of Oliver, either.

(We need him, of course, but if they cause him to blow out his hamstring for a desperate win over 13th, I'll be livid).

Ultimate nightmare: we beat Carlton by 1-18 points with all those slow campaigners coming in and Goody goes into King's Birthday unchanged...10 goal + flogging incoming.

Hahahaha, look at the CBA breakdown from this week.

Screenshot_20230528_213259_Chrome.jpg

Golden opportunity to run Rivers and Pickett through the middle for something different without Clarry, and they combined for a grand total of zero centre bounces.

840e9649-ebbf-4ffd-bdce-1d24cac4d04e_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are being honest with ourselves the forward line/connection/method has been garbage for the past 5 years except for getting hot at the right time in September in 2022 and the odd flash here or there, apart from beating up on poor opposition this year it still looks no different. Massive red flags for me. Goody hasn't learnt s**t. We are always running into the same road blocks against better than average opposition. "Forward connection needs to be better" ..you could put together of a 12 hour mix tape of Goody saying that since 2019

As much as I don't love any of our tall forward options I reckon the whole thing suffers partly due to being different personnel pretty much weekly. 2021 we played TMac and Brown for almost the whole second half of the year which is why it worked ok, that and getting Brown actually fit enough to perform. Just need to settle that lineup, don't even care anymore who it is, just play them every week unless the performances are diabolical.

I'd get Brown off legs now, get him into a program to get his knees sorted enough to go for the second half of the year, then JVR and Brown every week til we're done for the year.

The absolute ****, what coach in the league has Oliver go out of the side and then decides to be even less imaginative at the center bounce. That's the type of crap GC do with Rowell and Anderson and then struggle to maintain for 4 quarters

Hahahaha, look at the CBA breakdown from this week.

View attachment 1699291

Golden opportunity to run Rivers and Pickett through the middle for something different without Clarry, and they combined for a grand total of zero centre bounces.

View attachment 1699299

Oh ****ing hell, that's damning.

So when Goodwin talked about getting the midfield mix right after the loss last week, this is what he meant? Yikes.

Based on those 3 playing against a Sydney team without any key backs who still beat them?

Yeah fair point. I guess the idea is also about trying to get the most out of Lever and May, who are not playing well without another third tall.

Probably nowhere near as important as fixing our midfield tbf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah fair point. I guess the idea is also about trying to get the most out of Lever and May, who are not playing well without another third tall.

Probably nowhere near as important as fixing our midfield tbf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I dunno mate, as much as a few fresh names should be nice it's the top and not being at their best that really matters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back