Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm crying out for something like that. We are desperate for better ball users up the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s totally nonsensical that we have someone like Bowey but just make him toil away as a small defender in a system that doesn’t work to release the running defenders.
Typical of Goodwin’s inflexible approach.

Tommo, Brown, Tmac, Schache.
Four talls on the list (and the only genuine Key position options at this stage) who are all totally cooked as AFL players.

We’re stuffed for the year unless Goodwin changes something up tactically.

Enthusiasm is draining out of our best players and most of them are going through the motions.

2 key forward roles to fill (Until Petty is back)- my preferences-
1. JVR
2. Ben Brown
3. Joel Smith
4. Schache
5. Melksham

6. Tmac

Apparently we had 8 of the 10 lowest ranked players on the ground, that is way too many passengers. I'm not calling for wholesale changes but seems like a lot of players aren't pulling their fingers out because they aren't worried about their position. TMac is trying but that's all he is anymore, he is done. If he's still in the team then we are back to 2022 (if we aren't already) Hunter coming in will probably be the only change, they'll be safe but I would almost rather see a loss just to send a message to the slackers.

One of the small joys I get from football at the moment is our winning streak over Carlton, and even that looks like coming to an end.

Sad Formula 1 GIF

Tommo, Brown, Tmac, Schache.
Four talls on the list (and the only genuine Key position options at this stage) who are all totally cooked as AFL players.

We’re stuffed for the year unless Goodwin changes something up tactically.

Enthusiasm is draining out of our best players and most of them are going through the motions.
Playing none of them would be idea. We're plenty tall enough.

Yeah, May has worked into it after injury, ANB is just ANB etc etc. Gawn and Langdon are the main ones for me that are well below expectation so far.
We were actually playing better when Gawn was out injured, apart from one game recently.

When Gawn was out, we were learning to play with one ruck, and Grundy was getting better each week. It was having a good effect on our game, with the extra runner, and Chins was doing well at the time.

But sine Maxie has come back, we have gone back to last years style, and they shut us down on the wings from kickouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he did. Bloke hates missing games. But is it prudent?
I trust in Dr Oliver. As long as he’s ticked the boxes inside the four squares, he’s good to go. I’d really like to see him get some CONTESTED possessions this week. Seemed like he really went missing against Freo.

Actually it was Goodwin I believe, who said we were playing boring footy. Its on the players to lift the ways out on field.

If you think about last year , we were boring from the kicks, out of deep D50. And it was Lever who would look at the switch, then decide to go staight up the line, to the wing area, every time.

Well guess what, he's doing it again. And he takes too long to do the switch. He is more concerned about what might come back into D50 from a switch play, than he is about being predictable.
And people are saying whats happened to Langers. Well he's not getting used, like we did in 2021.

We go through Hunters wing, far too often, so predictable and boring.
In 2021, we scored often from the flank area in front of Langers.

2022 we just played the members wing at home, to poor results.

2 key forward roles to fill (Until Petty is back)- my preferences-
1. JVR
2. Ben Brown
3. Joel Smith
4. Schache
5. Melksham

6. Tmac
I would change Smith with Scache. Because I want JvR to play deep, next to BBB. and they can block for one another.

IMO, Scache doesn't like the body on body of packs, so I see him playing TMc's old High-HF role. where he can play more like Tomlinson, playing
mobile-small/tall from CHF.
He can take marks between the arcs, helping Gawn and Grundy.

Drop Lever.

He can take his talents of gesticulating wildly after he *s up to Casey until he finds some form.

He needs to regain his confidence. Total butterfingers and panic merchant atm.
Throw him into the hothouse of the forwardline.
He's supposed to be a thinking footballer. Let him go at the highball up front with JvR. Make him contest body on body.
Just possible he might help JvR get a few snags on the way, and it could teach Lever to think/react quicker.

We were actually playing better when Gawn was out injured, apart from one game recently.

When Gawn was out, we were learning to play with one ruck, and Grundy was getting better each week. It was having a good effect on our game, with the extra runner, and Chins was doing well at the time.

But sine Maxie has come back, we have gone back to last years style, and they shut us down on the wings from kickouts.

Guessing, but can't shake the feeling Max is playing injured. Was a quick comeback and he is really struggling to get around the ground as well as with his contested marking. If that's the case, we've learned nothing from last year when you add that to Salem and Trac both also playing when they shouldn't have.

Actually its the footy department coaches who come together to agree on game-style.
This old pick on the head coach, is a bit soft and worn.

I was under the impression that being head coach meant the Buck stops with you when the game plan isn’t working.

Also generally means you have a major say over who the assistant coaches are.

I was under the impression that being head coach meant the Buck stops with you when the game plan isn’t working.

Also generally means you have a major say over who the assistant coaches are.
Yes, when its time for a new coach. We have been in the top 6 most of the year.

On the other hand you and one or two others do nothing but criticise Goody, since I've been on here.

Its a bit lop sided, and seemingly without much thought.

Last edited:
Playing none of them would be idea. We're plenty tall enough.

I’d love none of them to play but longer term I don’t think we’ve got the right amount of talls. Petty or an equivalent needs to be back and JVR needs a tall forward partner who isn’t a ruckman.

Not convinced either Gawn or Grundy should be spending much time permanent forward. They’re not being used well as a combo

Yes, when its time for a new coach.We have been in the top 6 most of the year.

On the other hand you and one or two others do nothing but criticize Goody, since I've been on here.

Its a bit lop sided, and seemingly without much thought.

I can’t really make sense of most of your posts but I gather from this one you’re upset about Goody copping blame for our 2021 premiership side degenerating into a 4-8 level team without him doing much to change up the game plan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back