WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can they still call it the Undisputed championship when they created a new world title?

Titles should have been merged before they created a new one too. Such a clusterheck.

Mostly forgettable SD, although the last 10 minutes was good.

Good luck trying to work that out now lol

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
full.gif

Don't hate the new belt. Would if liked something different but I've seen worse

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
Better than the ugly Raw one I suppose.

How can they still call it the Undisputed championship when they created a new world title?

Titles should have been merged before they created a new one too. Such a cluster*.

Mostly forgettable SD, although the last 10 minutes was good.

Hard to think of them as equivalent when the champion didn’t lose either of his 2 belts.

It's a weird show, hey? An hour and 45 of it ranges anywhere from skippable to completely unwatchable... then you get this storyline at the end that engrosses you.

It's like we've got the same shitty, uncreative wrestling "writers" that we've endured for 2 decades writing 90% of it, then off to the side is one of Hollywood's best writers.

I have to feel this is Heyman delivering his creative magnum opus. It has to be a Heyman story cos it's so different to everything else on the show. (Everything else on the show for the last 2 decades!)

Another one of the reasons I'm loving it so much slapped me in the face today when Solo said "they're my brothers" and joined the Usos. It's because in WWE the story has always been told through the babyface/protagonist's eyes - you can see it on the other show, where everything in the main event is viewed through Cody's eyes.

We're generally presented heels who are complete jerks, completely unreasonable in their justification... but another of the reasons this works so well is because, depending on the week, we're seeing the story through a different person's eyes. Today we saw it through Solo's eyes more than we have in the past. At NOC we saw it through Jimmy's eyes. In the weeks after WM we were seeing it through Jey's eyes. We even see it through Heyman's eyes on occasions.

It's so untypical of WWE that they've got this longterm, central heel character - that's more a WCW/NWA thing. And on top of that, he's barely the focus - the real focus is everything happening around him.

(By the way... "Jey will do what he always does. He'll fall in line." What a great little line, said right at the end without a mic, to get you to watch again next week. Such a tiny thing, but such a great impact.)

With the talent available they could have easily had Theory Lashley Styles Edge Sheamus, Drew, LA Cody and Balor in it.

No need for Shin Santos Butch Ricochet.
Butch will get In as Money In The Bank is in England. Will get a very good crowd reaction

Also don’t mind giving some shine to the less established talent, they need to try and build stars now more than ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the talent available they could have easily had Theory Lashley Styles Edge Sheamus, Drew, LA Cody and Balor in it.

No need for Shin Santos Butch Ricochet.
Common sense is and was too give it to one of the members of the Judgement Day with a swerve storyline that they can beat someoe up 3 on 1 and have the other pin for the win and what not. Probably give it to Dominik and have him tease Seth with it, but then have him use it to win the IC title perhaps as a different spin on it. So Dom basically just pinning a knocked out Gunther for example

Why were LA Knight & Montez Ford in a qualifying match for MITB? It’s pretty clear that both should be in the event, especially Ford.

Shaxx I noticed your laugh reaction.

Keen to know your thoughts?

Would it not be in the considered as one of top all time wrestling stories?
let's throw it open to everyone. what do you consider as some of the all time wrestling stories?

Austin/McMahon, Megapowers, nWo...

let's throw it open to everyone. what do you consider as some of the all time wrestling stories?

Austin/McMahon, Megapowers, nWo...

It’s a great question.

They are the 3 that definitely spring to mind. I think the Bloodline story from its beginning 3 years ago definitely fits into this category comfortably.

Austin/McMahon in my opinion is wrestlings greatest rivalry.

Austin / McMahon
Bloodline
The start of the nwo before I turned to the drizzling shits
Bret v Owen
Bret v Shaun to the real life animosity there.
The Rocks transformation and rise in the ranks from the Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back