WWE Elimination Chamber Perth [Saturday Feb 24 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

So a 15 minute segment out of 4 hours was the nail in the coffin. Segment sucked but going to a wrestling event for a interview segment and believing that is the grandest part of the show is a odd way to go to a show expecting enjoyment from it

That it was a fifteen minute interview segment where nothing happened was the criticism.

It's not like they didn't have time to burn, like a third of the show were entrances.

It was the precise moment the crowd went to s**t, as much as the local Perth people are trying to deny it.

They managed to get Rhea a tepid reaction, when her face on the screen on the pre show got a major reaction.

Punk was coming until the tricep injury.

They were also advertising Cody and Seth at the original time- so two of their top three stars expected to wrestle, instead of none of their top 6.

That it was a fifteen minute interview segment where nothing happened was the criticism.

It's not like they didn't have time to burn, like a third of the show were entrances.

It was the precise moment the crowd went to s**t, as much as the local Perth people are trying to deny it.

They managed to get Rhea a tepid reaction, when her face on the screen on the pre show got a major reaction.
I went to both Super Showdown and last night and crowd was hotter last night. Particularly for Dom Dom and the entrances for Seth/Cody

By hour 4 the crowd just got tired really. Happens fairly often especially when so many kids were around etc. My nephew was buggered for example by the time Rheas match came about

They were also advertising Cody and Seth at the original time- so two of their top three stars expected to wrestle, instead of none of their top 6.
Seth would have wrestled if fit id suggest. Punk too for obvious reasons. Cody was never advertised to wrestle. I dont think he was coming til fairly last minute. Was the last person announced to come

Seth would have wrestled if fit id suggest. Punk too for obvious reasons. Cody was never advertised to wrestle. I dont think he was coming til fairly last minute. Was the last person announced to come
How's that an excuse though?

If injuries impact your card book an alternative attraction. You don't just pocket the money and offer a lesser show.

Did LOL also at the fact KO brought out the Chokeslam for the mere fact that a Make a Wish kid asked him to do one :D

Unlike when Taytay and Coldplay come, when WWE come they do the hard yards with things like community events, charity work.

1200 tickets went to charity last night (before tickets went on sale etc they were allocated) and they did a great job with the hospital visits and the like. Bianca Belair in particular is a absolute workhorse in that regard. Did every single charity visit

Anything meaningful from the GWE segment.

They spent the whole last week trying to imply that there was something that would happen, while giving themselves deniability. Genuinely shitty business practices.
Oh right, so the difference between what was expected or unexpected was a talk show segment on a PPV.

Come on man.

Oh right, so the difference between what was expected or unexpected was a talk show segment on a PPV.

Come on man.

The talk show segment being the only link to their main event story on the whole show, with their WrestleMania headliners.

It was the only thing about the show other than Rhea that got media attention. Why do you think that was?

Strange to see people defending the Grayson Waller segment.

There's absolutely no doubt that they were teasing the Australian crowd with the interactions between Waller, Reigns and Heyman over the past 2 eps of SD. For absolutely nothing of consequence to happen was pretty disappointing.

As I said immediately after the segment last night, it was house show fare.

I thought the Waller segment was just a big ol nothing burger bit of filler, but you are going to complain relentlessly as if it either ruined the show or was going to save the show with a potential appearance then that says more about you.
I thought the matches were entertaining, the tag match in particular I enjoyed a lot more than I expected, Nia performed much better that I had assumed she could also.

If anything it was too long, less filler and a faster past plus jam another match in and it would have been better but I was happy enough watching it

Footage cut out around twice and sound cut out about the same amount if I didn’t miss anything during the show.

One of those footage cutouts was when the audience raising a finger at Dom. I wonder if other incidents lead to the other cutouts during the show.

The talk show segment being the only link to their main event story on the whole show, with their WrestleMania headliners.

It was the only thing about the show other than Rhea that got media attention. Why do you think that was?
Oh, media attention is a metric for a good show? Gotcha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, media attention is a metric for a good show? Gotcha.
Its a pretty good indicator of who the biggest draws are.

A fact reflected by the fact that they decided to promote the show with hints about appearances. Why did they do that do you think?

Footage cut out around twice and sound cut out about the same amount if I didn’t miss anything during the show.

One of those footage cutouts was when the audience raising a finger at Dom. I wonder if other incidents lead to the other cutouts during the show.
Not at the venue at least. They lost sound during the main event hype video, awkwardly.

They would have muted the '* you ....' chants

Like, your local Indy fed can put on a good show, quality wise, but no one is paying thousands for tickets.
I think it’s time to accept that you’re in the minority of people being overly critical of the show. Could it have been better? Sure, but everybody I watched it with thoroughly enjoyed it, including several that went.

Nothing wrong with it. Enjoyment of the show is subjective and this time it wasn’t for you. 👍

I think it’s time to accept that you’re in the minority of people being overly critical of the show. Could it have been better? Sure, but everybody I watched it with thoroughly enjoyed it, including several that went.

Nothing wrong with it. Enjoyment of the show is subjective and this time it wasn’t for you. 👍

Minority on here, didn't seem like the minority there. Some very upset people I saw at the end.

But agree, it's subjective.

I went to show no one I saw thought it was a bad show. The main complaints a little long and a lot time spend queueing up for stuff. Not any complaints about the actually wrestling put on.

I spent $2k on my ticket and I had a blast my biggest gripe was I got to take an extra souvenir chair home and it was bitch to carry both chairs to the train then thru the city where we parked the car.

I understand the disappointment. There were 3 instances that they implied indirectly that someone was coming or something Bloodline related was happening during the GWE…

-Romans social media video with Heyman and then pushing the tickets in the caption.

-The Rock implying he’ll work magic and be there if there’s smack talk about him.

-Reigns having something for Wallers ears only backstage on SmackDown.

Seeing the entrances live would have been awesome, especially in a stadium environment. But there was no way that segment wasn’t falling flat without a Bloodline interruption. More so considering they kept Waller face throughout as well.

But overall it definitely didn’t ruin what I thought was a good event. Certainly wasn’t as bad as that time when they went hard with the 25 years of The Rock during Survivor Series a few years back and we didn’t event get a video via satellite or anything.

I understand the disappointment. There were 3 instances that they implied indirectly that someone was coming or something Bloodline related was happening during the GWE…

-Romans social media video with Heyman and then pushing the tickets in the caption.

-The Rock implying he’ll work magic and be there if there’s smack talk about him.

-Reigns having something for Wallers ears only backstage on SmackDown.

Seeing the entrances live would have been awesome, especially in a stadium environment. But there was no way that segment wasn’t falling flat without a Bloodline interruption. More so considering they kept Waller face throughout as well.

But overall it definitely didn’t ruin what I thought was a good event. Certainly wasn’t as bad as that time when they went hard with the 25 years of The Rock during Survivor Series a few years back and we didn’t event get a video via satellite or anything.
at least we got the Rock's catchphrases, so that's your Bloodline related bit :think:

Is this the fallacy that because most people think that the show was good, that it was actually a good show? lol. Who cares who is in the majority or the minority opinion on the show. Mainly because that cannot be proven without any data, and that the opinion of the show is subjective.
Wrestling is entertainment. Were people generally entertained? They sure were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back