WTC Final Australia v India Only Test June 7-11 1800hrs @ the Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said Test cricket was dead? great 5 days of cricket.

Test Championship best thing the ICC has done, Test cricket needs to have an official "winner".

AND WE'RE THE BEST!!!
The concept could do with some improvement, but the reality of T20 dominated media rights and paycheques makes it difficult to see much will be allowed to happen. Its needed, works, and probably as good as we're likely to see.

Rohit 36
Rahane 35
Kohli 34
Jadeja 34
Ashwin 36
Pujara 35
Umesh Yadav 35

Going to be a lot of turnover in the Indian side in the next couple of years.
Think they were due for a cleanout after this match anyway to blood some youngsters, I'd say all on that list except Jadeja and Ashwin are past their prime.

Next time we host India at the end of 2024, I think Jadeja and Ashwin are the only ones I think would definitely make it. Kohli a possibility depending on his form in the next 18 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia is to cricket what New Zealand is to rugby, Brazil to soccer or the US to basketball.

India haven't won an ICC trophy in a decade, despite their mountain of wealth and enormous pool of playing talent.

I did miscount, we have 25. But that's including U19 world cups, of which India have won 2 recently.

Just to further illustrate how dominant we are...(without U19)

Australia = 22
Mens: 5x ODI WC, 1x T20 WC, 2x Champions Trophy, 1x WTC.
Womens: 7x ODI WC, 6x T20 WC

England = 8
Mens: 1x ODI WC*, 2x T20 WC
Womens: 4x ODI WC, 1x T20 WC

West Indies = 6
Mens: 2x ODI WC, 2x T20 WC, 1x Champions Trophy
Womens: 1x T20 WC

India = 5
Mens: 2x ODI WC, 1xT20 WC, 2x Champions Trophy

None of the other nations worth mentioning.

Last edited:
It was very cloudy and the ball did quite a lot but then the weather completely changed in the afternoon.
That was expected though, the talk before the game was the sun will come out after the morning session as thats what the weather had been like over there for the past week

Indian w***ers in the crowd booing the third umpire going up to collect his medal. Classless.
They'd be better off booing their wayward bowlers on day one - they were about as accurate as a Carlton forward :).

Sharma thinks it should be best of three.

Maybe he should focus on winning just one before worrying about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, just maybe, if the IPL was 60 games long instead of 74, there would be enough space in the cricket calendar for a 3 test series to decide the WTC.

Last edited:
India have put the hurt on us the last few years so good to get a little bit back. Still the Indians should be happy with what they've achieved, the loss of Pant and Bumrah really hurt them in this game, Pant in particular. Tossing up the permutations before the start of play today I kept getting back to "they haven't got a Pant so they shouldn't have a hope". Hope he gets back sooner rather than later. As for our guys it was interesting to listen to Trav's interviews, interesting and engaging, gave a good indication of where his headspace is and why he's much improved. Was a Trav doubter but am a believer now.

Be interesting to see who they go for in Birmingham. I think they like Starc for the northern tests and Haze will come in for the London ones, Boland undroppable, hasn't been an Aussie bowler more suited to English conditions since Paul Reiffel.

And a little shoutout to https://app.icc.tv/home who streamed the game flawlessly in HD to me here in Japan for free. Watch AFL do a similarly good job for the footy (though unfortunately not free). Sounds like between the 7 app and Kayo you lot in Australia are getting a rough deal watching footy and cricket on-line and actually it's bit of a disgrace you have to be overseas to get a good service.

Great performance by the Aussies.
Where on top from day 1 till the end.
Batsman,Bowlers and Fielders all stood up.Against a side we have struggled to beat in the last few series.Both home and away.

mmm player ratings, always fun for debate/melts

Herald Sun:
Warner 5.5
Khawaja 1
Labuschagne 5.5
Smith 9.5
Head 10
Green 7
Carey 8
Starc 7
Cummins 7
Lyon 9
Boland 9.5

Fox Sports:
Warner 5
Khawaja 3
Labuschagne 6
Smith 9
Head 9
Green 6
Carey 8
Starc 5
Cummins 6
Lyon 8
Boland 9

The Age:
Warner 6
Khawaja 4
Labuschagne 7
Smith 8
Head 9
Green 7
Carey 8
Starc 6
Cummins 7
Lyon 8
Boland 9

It's hilarious how many people legitimately were scared that we were going to see the literal biggest run chase in history against this bowling line-up with 3 wickets already down.

There was a 0.1% chance of it happening and people were talking about it like it was a 33% chance.

Same thing happens in literally every Test match thread on this board.

Most of the posters on here are terrible at holding their nerve.

Back