Autopsy Round 13 = Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I was thinking it might end up with me setting up a GoFundMe page, if only I was taller and stronger.

Had this terrible Melbourne supporter (4 of them but one was really a nutcase) in front of me who was already half under the weather before the game and after 6 cans was getting worse. Turning around really in my face and although none of you know me I hardly yell at the footy, too involved in who is playing where and the tactics of the game.

Would stand up and yell things like, the premiership is not played in June, colliwobbles (sigh), losers, we are the champions and more that I can't remember. I was so ready to respond but only to told him to sit down as I couldn't see and also my grand-daughter told me not to respond.

I so hate Melbourne, have never been to a game against them when I haven't had those type of supporters around me.

Should of Reported them so they get Kicked Out

I’d certainly like to see Daicos spend more time in the middle and forward centre. I agree that he has been superb off half back, but I feel like we’ve looked at our most potent as a team when we harness his strengths up the ground, even if it means fewer stats for him.

But we're currently harnessing his strengths up the ground while he's playing HB.

It is good that teams Brisbane and Melbourne had game plans to beat us and won. Its midyear and our coaches have time to counter these defensive shutdowns. I would rather be exposed now than later in the season.

It comes down to what personnel will beat them. Port Adelaide Brisbane and Melbourne are all we need to worry about and i don't see any of their best beating our best on the last day of the season.

Grand final could have been won today with this exposure. Theres work to do and players to be put on notice to be in the best 22.

I don't even know what that best 22 looks like yet. Its interesting.
Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good post. This side isn’t the finished article and has loads of improvement left in it.

Happy to leave it there in any case.
Maybe it’s time I step in.

I haven’t read any direct posts about JC going backward other than he hacks forward kicks from packs. Not to say that they haven’t been written, but that perhaps I haven’t been out there looking for them. All I have seen are some stats that superficially indicate he has kicked a few goals and could at least be considered for a sub role.

happy to concede that those that watch the VFL have a better sample set to form a better opinion.

if the reason is because he turns it over, is lazy etc that’s good to know.

JC - has been ineffective in disposing by hand or foot at clearance/stoppage. Is a poor decision maker, and generally has not progressed his game since last year, with the possible exception of scoring.
Good to know And disappointing to read.
it was his goal kicking that sparked my interest That made me think he could be a good sub.
Hopefully he has a better second half of the year.

I think the intention is to settle Frampton into our defensive structure. Only had a few games there so will take time. Doubt they'll look to derail that unless absolutely forced to. Providing an opportunity for Noble and/or Markov to remain in the side doesn't do that.
I'm not really suggesting to change it all to fit in noble, more the point I don't think we will play all of Moore, Murphy, Howe and Frampton in the same backline, it's too slow and I think one misses out, it's not Moore

Interesting that we don’t rest player yet ginni was “managed” something fishy there. Hasn’t had a big load like others in the team, hmm something is not right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still two wins and percentage in front of third. Three wins and percentage in front of fourth.

Just need to get all of JDG, Steele, McStay and Elliott back into our team and not lose anyone else. Fingers crossed. We know JDG will miss two more. Steele will miss miss 1-3 after the bye. Elliott and McStay should be back for the next game. Howe still some weeks away, rounds 15-17 last I heard.

Thought Lipinski was pretty good today for a bloke who has missed so much footy. Worked out well for him. Had a really good hit out, in a high pressure game, and gets an extra week to recover from his first game back. He should be cherry ripe after the bye.

You're shooting Bambi...

I got howled down for suggesting preseason he was the 7th defender and at risk of being omitted if all the other defensive options are available. Behind Moore, Murphy, Maynard, IQ, Howe, Frampton and Nick Daicos in our best D50 group IMHO.
Hi, still here. I won't be joining your Bambi hunt and trophy session. I think Nick Daicos would go somewhere else (as in a different position in the team!) if Beaker was being forced out. I also think Frampton might more profitably ruck rather than Noble lose his spot. Sure he has his weaknesses, but who else plays his role? Maynard was really off tonight with his disposal.

Last edited:
It is good that teams Brisbane and Melbourne had game plans to beat us and won. Its midyear and our coaches have time to counter these defensive shutdowns. I would rather be exposed now than later in the season.

It comes down to what personnel will beat them. Port Adelaide Brisbane and Melbourne are all we need to worry about and i don't see any of their best beating our best on the last day of the season.

Grand final could have been won today with this exposure. Theres work to do and players to be put on notice to be in the best 22.

I don't even know what that best 22 looks like yet. Its interesting.
Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So losing is better than winning ?

People saying we only lost by 4 points with half a team out or we lost because WHE missed a goal straight in front in the last Q are kidding themselves. This should have been a 10 goal loss - what stopped this from being so was Melbourne's goal-kicking. Melbourne dominated everything....
Hit Outs 46-25
Clearances 33/29
Shots on Goal 29/17
I50 59/49
Tackles I50 17/4
Marks I50 15/7

McInnes & Johnson failed to make a marking contest/ bring the ball to ground. We continually kicked it to May or Lever and anybody would think Salem had COVID as nobody played within the same postcode as him. Beau played his worst game for the year & pressure in the forward line was non-existent. 4 tackles I50 for the entire game

The deterioration in Cameron's goal kicking has coincided with him playing more ruck time. He cannot jump & once again failed to neutralise a ruck contest. His hack kicks resulted in multiple turnover's'. His marking remains a strength

Our midfield was made to look slow, and we could not lay a tackle. we really missed JDG today

IQ, Moore, Frampton & Titch were good. Bruzz was solid but was let down with poor disposal

The bye couldn't have come at a better time. Hopefully the coaching team can take a lot of learnings from today's game

Hi, still here. I won't be joining your Bambi hunt and trophy session. I think Nick Daicos would go somewhere else if Beaker was being forced out. I also think Frampton might more profitably ruck rather than Noble lose his spot. Sure he has his weaknesses, but who else plays his role? Maynard was really off tonight with his disposal.
You really come up with some baseless nonsense sometimes. I don’t necessarily agree with those criticising Noble, but the idea that Nick would leave if Noble was forced out is some real fantasy stuff. Surely Nick has shown he’s professional enough to understand the business of football by now.

P.S can our blokes get their flu vax and take a multivitamin or something because I’m not convinced all this illness has helped
It’s pretty fuggin basic.
I don’t know why they aren’t all on 5000 iu of vitamin D, per day.
If we really want to be fancy; 2000 mg of vitamin C, 50 mg of zinc, magnesium (I think 500 mg) and 400 mg of quercetin.
That’s it.
Everybody.
All of them.
They will either catch nothing or smash it in 48 hours.

Maybe it’s time I step in.

I haven’t read any direct posts about JC going backward other than he hacks forward kicks from packs. Not to say that they haven’t been written, but that perhaps I haven’t been out there looking for them. All I have seen are some stats that superficially indicate he has kicked a few goals and could at least be considered for a sub role.

happy to concede that those that watch the VFL have a better sample set to form a better opinion.

if the reason is because he turns it over, is lazy etc that’s good to know.
JC gets the pill but has terrible disposal, definitely hack kicks it blindly and doesn’t know how to handball. Seriously he can’t handball it’s like watching a player try to kick on their opposite foot.

People saying we only lost by 4 points with half a team out or we lost because WHE missed a goal straight in front in the last Q are kidding themselves. This should have been a 10 goal loss - what stopped this from being so was Melbourne's goal-kicking. Melbourne dominated everything....
Hit Outs 46-25
Clearances 33/29
Shots on Goal 29/17
I50 59/49
Tackles I50 17/4
Marks I50 15/7

McInnes & Johnson failed to make a marking contest/ bring the ball to ground. We continually kicked it to May or Lever and anybody would think Salem had COVID as nobody played within the same postcode as him. Beau played his worst game for the year & pressure in the forward line was non-existent. 4 tackles I50 for the entire game

The deterioration in Cameron's goal kicking has coincided with him playing more ruck time. He cannot jump & once again failed to neutralise a ruck contest. His hack kicks resulted in multiple turnover's'. His marking remains a strength

Our midfield was made to look slow, and we could not lay a tackle. we really missed JDG today

IQ, Moore, Frampton & Titch were good. Bruzz was solid but was let down with poor disposal

The bye couldn't have come at a better time. Hopefully the coaching team can take a lot of learnings from today's game
We had an off day, mate. Pendles was missing kicks he’d hit in his sleep. Johnson was dropping marks that Chris Dawes would take. J.Daicos was fumbling the pill like it was a bar of soap. Reef missed a goal that was harder to miss than kick. Even the bounce of the ball wasn’t going our way. It was an aberration, learn what we can and move on to the next one.

I think it’s a bit of an exaggeration to say Melbourne should have won by ten goals.Sure they missed some easy shots,but some of their shots at goal were from a long way out and on a angle,and were low percentage shots.They also has four rushed behinds as well.So yes,they should have won by more,maybe five or six goals,but ten is over egging it a bit.

Hi, still here. I won't be joining your Bambi hunt and trophy session. I think Nick Daicos would go somewhere else if Beaker was being forced out. I also think Frampton might more profitably ruck rather than Noble lose his spot. Sure he has his weaknesses, but who else plays his role? Maynard was really off tonight with his disposal.
Thats silly. To much whiskey and walking dogs around circles... dude really

You really come up with some baseless nonsense sometimes. I don’t necessarily agree with those criticising Noble, but the idea that Nick would leave if Noble was forced out is some real fantasy stuff. Surely Nick has shown he’s professional enough to understand the business of football by now.
I meant somewhere else in the line up not go to another team! Would I be stupid enough to think he would leave because Noble was being pushed aside!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back