1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just reading that Jimmy Anderson has threatened to retire.
If he has to bowl on another flat track ,like Edgebaston.
English captain Ben Stokes makes no secret.That Bazball works better on flat wickets.
Pat's batting saved his arse.
Boycott was a good commentator.
Ricky Brereton was a great cricketer.
Are we doing haikus? You've got the tempo wrong.

Bazball the future
Winning is not important
Ollie's still a flog

he averaged 28 with the bat lost 13 tests and won once vs aussies in his mind he probably thinks the aussies still have nightmares about him due to him scoring a fast ton against us one time.
this is what I was thinking

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also well done to Ollie Robinson , has taken only one test into a series to become dial a quote .

I would have thought England would keep him away from any mic , phone , device you can record stuff on or post .

Having to face a 'fired up Ollie' just doesnt seem to have the same fear factor as Curtly or Shoab .

If I was coaching an under 10s cricket team i would
I think even Under 10s would be less likely to swallow that doublespeak than the current team of English (supposedly adult) Cricketers, especially Aussie U10s.

Aussie kids are smart :winkv1:; can smell bullshit @ 20metres :thumbsupv1:.

Stokes/Robinson et al, not so much.

While it'll be fine by my if the fate of the Ashes to come down to the last test, I'd be very happy for Australia to be 3-0, 3-1 or 4-0 up heading to The Oval and who knows maybe up market New Zealand (England) will realise winning is all that matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may or not be revealed later, but I suspect Robinson is not the author here, he's simply agreed to put his name to this nonsense continuing his/the media's 'Ashes villain' narrative....:think:
Usually those guys talk to a writer (or send them notes) who develops it into a column telling the players story. They player then reads it and signs off.

My favourite part of this article was when Baz said "we played all the cricket." Because THAT right there destroys the whole bazball argument.

If you were beaten by a better side, then OK, bazball didn't fire today, but if you were defeated by a completely passive opponent, it's YOUR FAULT. It's bazball's fault.

Fact is that is just copium on the part of the Kiwi brit-saboteur. Because Australia played less cricket than England... true... but that is because we did less fielding.
I am happy for the Pom's to play the role of the Washington Generals

Honestly, this guy is just making himself look like a proper idiot, this guy does realise we can knock his head off with the ball right. Stupid fool comes to mind

Attachments

• FzPKrpxXsAQ4-rm.jpeg
    FzPKrpxXsAQ4-rm.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 39
At that age, every game is a draw and they don't question it.
The kids I coached did. My son is still proud of his Under 9s Premiership cap ( the last year they had an Under 9 Premiership), even though he's now 24 and has won 4 Seniors Premierships.

Kids aren't idiots, they know who wins and loses

Back