1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this campaigner mentally challenged or something?

This really is hilarious. If there's a bit more spice in the Lords wicket than there was at Edgbaston, do the Poms actually think it won't help our bowlers too? Geez I'd love to see one of our bowlers do a McGrath next week and take 8 for 38.

This may or not be revealed later, but I suspect Robinson is not the author here, he's simply agreed to put his name to this nonsense continuing his/the media's 'Ashes villain' narrative....:think:
Some “journo” has cobbled together some random comments not necessarily even made after or during the game.

Or, rather, to Australia winning this game
It's another form of trying to psyche the opposition. There's always so much nonsense spoken around the Ashes every series. Robinson is just another mouth who has been designated to wind up the opposition. Makes a change from Broad leading with his gob every match.

I'm hoping Ussie bats slower if conditions allow, he might as well stick it to them that way. Marnus too. I want to see 30 runs scored in a session.
I'd prefer to outscore them after they get a big 1st innings total, then see them put their money where their multiple motor mouths are when it comes to a 3rd innings declaration only to see (per Denis Cometti) AND THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony is that this carry on and their committment to play one-paced cricket, is to our advantage. We know exactly how they are going to play. We know if we bat long and drain time from the game, they may very well become hyper aggressive (and potentially careless) as a result. If they don't have a different mode, we get to dictate how the game is played.

It's another form of trying to psyche the opposition. There's always so much nonsense spoken around the Ashes every series. Robinson is just another mouth who has been designated to wind up the opposition. Makes a change from Broad leading with his gob every match.
Yep, there is always one designated stirrer during their home Ashes but not everyone is buying into it. From one of my English mates on our WhatsApp group this morning - "FFS, shut your pie holes you blockheads, win first talk nonsense later!?!"

Last edited:
The Age had an interesting article today about Australia's test and in particular the last day where they felt if they got it into the last hour, their bowlers would be knackered and Stokes would feel the pressure.
Turns our tests go for 5 days or more precisely 4 days 5 hours and 15 overs in the last hour.
Turns out playing orthodox test cricket to the conditions as it has been for 146 years works.
Who woulda thunk it? Apparently the self appointed saviours of test cricket, the two Kiwi's don't and in a real sense apparently they won the test.
Apparently also winning doesn't matter. Lulz.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's a great movie called "The Hustler", Paul Newman (Fast Eddie), Jackie Gleason (Minnesota Fats). Look for: "Dey broke my tumbs!!".
Sequel: The Color of Money. Look for: Tom Cruise cleaning a table with "Werewolves of London" loud in the background.

In their first head-to-head play-off, Fast Eddie is cocky, brash and after some hours he states:
"I'm the best you ever seen, Fats. I'm the best there is. Now even if you beat me, I'm still the best."
Minnesota Fats takes a break, cleans himself up, comes back and thrashes Eddie.
He knew that "... even if you beat me, I'm still the best ..." was the braggado of a loser.

Sound familiar? :winkv1:

Remind you of anybody, or some team Coach? :sneaky: :whistle:

What the Aussies need to do is ignore the Poms' arrogance and self-delusion, clean themselves up and come back fresh, take them on and beat them, again.
And again, with Steve-Waugh-foot-on-the-throat ruthlessness.

This has to be trolling from England. Surely there's no way you can be so sanctimonious and delusional.

Real cult areas with all of this. It's hilarious.
Typical Poms, the only thing that works hard is their mouth.

Former England batter Boycott wrote in the Telegraph: “England have got carried away with Bazball and seem to think entertaining is more important than winning.

“But England supporters want one thing more than anything else – to win the Ashes. Scoring fast runs, whacking lots of fours and sixes is lovely. It is great. But only if England do not lose sight of the big prize which is to beat Australia.

“If at the end of the series Australia go home with the Ashes we will feel sick, regardless of how much we have been entertained.

“They are in danger of letting hubris be their downfall or, quoting William Shakespeare in Hamlet, being hoist by one’s own petard. They are going to defeat themselves. It would be sad if playing exciting cricket for a year is going to their heads.

Former England batter Boycott wrote in the Telegraph: “England have got carried away with Bazball and seem to think entertaining is more important than winning.

“But England supporters want one thing more than anything else – to win the Ashes. Scoring fast runs, whacking lots of fours and sixes is lovely. It is great. But only if England do not lose sight of the big prize which is to beat Australia.

“If at the end of the series Australia go home with the Ashes we will feel sick, regardless of how much we have been entertained.

“They are in danger of letting hubris be their downfall or, quoting William Shakespeare in Hamlet, being hoist by one’s own petard. They are going to defeat themselves. It would be sad if playing exciting cricket for a year is going to their heads.

Finally a Pom with some perspective. And Boycott would certainly know a thing or 2 about not getting carried away with scoring fast!

Ita amazing how one innings of 141 covers over every single crack he has in England, if he can back it up,well good but im not convinced his English form stacks up
Terrible call is bloody terrible.

One innings of 141 and ONE INNINGS OF 65 in which he top scored across all twenty available wickets in the third and fourth digs.

He has averaged 67 since opening the innings giving him the highest opening batsman average of all time by a massive margin of 6 runs. His previous tours of England are irrelevant. Now he's opening.

Back