Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruhn had a disposal efficiency of 89%

The next closest pure mid on the ground was Parish 72%

The next closest pure mid cat was Atkins at 57%
That was last month's criticism, now it's times on field. Get with the program!

PS: more ToG than Atkins and Blitz

Haha, I thought he and Atkins were our best in the first half.

I reckon I notice Tanner more when the heat is on as he just seems to have a love of the contest, and actually lifts with the pressure - over the past month or two, he is starting to look like a player who wants to be the future leader of the midfield

He is delivering what we all thougth Josh Caddy could be but never really materialised into - albeit Tanner is a much better version.

And hes doing it at a younger age and with better results.

Making the Rd 1 we paid for him seem very very well valued at this point and his influence is still inceasing.

Im sure he's gonna fluctuate - all developing kids do - but very happy so far.

Long may it continue - and if he keeps doing 18 - 22 possie games like last night for the rest of the year.. ill take it.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is delivering what we all thougth Josh Caddy could be but never really materialised into - albeit Tanner is a much better version.

And hes doing it at a younger age and with better results.

Making the Rd 1 we paid for him seem very very well valued at this point and his influence is still inceasing.

Im sure he's gonna fluctuate - all developing kids do - but very happy so far.

Long may it continue - and if he keeps doing 18 - 22 possie games like last night for the rest of the year.. ill take it.

GO Catters
Caddy averaged over 20 touches and more than a goal a game in the last year at Geelong. Very good without being a star at Richmond. I think Bruhn will have similar level of success without have a year to the standard of Caddy's standout 2018 season

I think based on time stamp this was when he sidestepped 2 players and snapped a 50m kick to a contest direct in front 30m out?

Looked amazing but this is the Tanner Bruhn thread
DONT CRITICISE MY THREAD SURFING DUDE

Don't die on this hill, even @D BRIDGE is seeing the light.

He's a gun, and he's only going to get better.
Haha I’m just laying low here.

Warhorse is fighting the good fight for the old me.

Bruhn is tracking nicely, although he is still the least productive mid we have (but I’ve come to terms that that is ok due to his age).

Some of the people putting in votes most weeks and talking him up saying “he was great again” after 17 touch games is going a little far for mine…. But I can see Bruhn is improving and is at least playing consistently solid off the bench.

He has zero coaches votes for the year, so not one time this year has either coach in our games thought he was in the top 5 players on the ground (not the end of the world though).

He kicked nicely last night and finally adjusted his radar which was encouraging.

Would I swap him back for the draft pick we gave up for him? No shot.

He is going ok and I think next year he and Holmes might really click.

I will note that he will certainly go up a level as soon as we have a ruck that can win a tap to advantage and make a plan around getting it to him at stoppages, because that area is his strength and should only get stronger as he gets older… So come on down Toby Conway in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Yep noted - poor endurance.
What's encouraging is his progression.

Last year 11.9 disposals and 0.6 goals/assists per game.

First 10 rounds this year, 14.4 disposals and 0.9 goals/assists.

The past 4 weeks, 19.5 disposals and 1.3 goals/assists.

Refusing to change one's mind in the face of new evidence is still a really neat thing to do though. I'm sure if he cools down you'll be the first to let us know.

Back