Positives and Negatives vs Charli...Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

So he could have said he wasn’t up for nomination… he doesn’t even have the stones to do that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would have made zero difference to our season, probably saved some other poor b*#**** getting abused all season by ......um supporters.

This rubbish about " the team said nah mate we want you to continue" is disingenuous at best.

If indeed that was the case it would have been very easy for Shuey to thank the team for their show of support and declare himself unavailable for the captaincy. Shuey wanted to continue.

This club is going nowhere fast. Seeing individual young guns improve slightly, seeing senior players pick and choose which games they turn up for. Coaching staff wheeling out the same answers to the same questions week on week on week. It's not enough.

Given last year and the results this year we should be seeing crisis management from the clubs leaders, instead we see apathy and head in the sand wilful ignorance. From top to bottom.

The biggest fall from grace in Australian sporting history is happening, and the west coast eagles are front and centre.

The players voting on the captain in Shueys instance is a joke. He still must have nominated himself internally mind you.

At some point someone needed to have stepped in and said, yeah nah there's too much of a risk we'll have our captain spend long periods on the side lines again (because any blind Freddy Kane Korne's could see that was coming) and nudge the players towards Oscar, Barrass, Duggan instead.

I guarantee you if Shuey miraculously eked out a contract extension and says he's going again in 2024, the moron players would want to vote him in again.

I'm all for having the players vote, but not when it's the same injury prone bloke over and over which cripples the team. What does that do to morale each week?

+ Had the pleasure of watching my son absolutely smash it in his first gymnastics class today, little legend.

- Dickhead in front of me had the game on his phone and was more interested in that then watching his kids, what a loser.

Only 5 games to go before the players get their well earned 11 week break then we can come back for a couple of weeks, publish no time trial numbers then take a break for christmas/NY.

When I was 19/20 I spent both summers not missing a gym and running session and drinking an unhealthy amount of milk and eating an unhealthy amount of food because I wanted to play A Grade ammo’s (unpaid) the next season.

If our players aren’t willing to do the same * them off because they’ll never get a better opportunity to make a small sacrifice in time for the opportunity of regular AFL game time.

Sheed has been a terrible on-baller for a long time but the penny has finally dropped for most on here. Him kicking that goal in th GF was the best and worst thing to happen to the club. If only Masten had converted and Sheed didn’t need to - what a sliding doors moment!

I don't think you know how Sliding Doors work mate.

If... The Eagles thought Sheed kicking the most famous Grand Final sealer in history was worth it.

Then...They might be wishing it didn't happen now. Needs a spell. Is being carried by too many players. Harley Reid wouldn't want to play next to him right now. Give North a priority pick.

The players voting on the captain in Shueys instance is a joke. He still must have nominated himself internally mind you.

At some point someone needed to have stepped in and said, yeah nah there's too much of a risk we'll have our captain spend long periods on the side lines again (because any blind Freddy Kane Korne's could see that was coming) and nudge the players towards Oscar, Barrass, Duggan instead.

I guarantee you if Shuey miraculously eked out a contract extension and says he's going again in 2024, the moron players would want to vote him in again.

I'm all for having the players vote, but not when it's the same injury prone bloke over and over which cripples the team. What does that do to morale each week?
This discussion implies there is another onfield leadership option. Barrass was flakey as captain - also hot and cold, Diuggan the people favorite is a c grade flanker and Allen is just learing to play FF.

Thought Bailey Williams tried all game. Worked his arse off this season, consistency is starting to come. I can’t wait to watch him in a couple of years.

SPS did some nice things, I ******* clapped hard when he laid that tackle as it showed some aggressive intent. Free kick! This game is cooked.

Hough, Long, Hewett, Chester, Allen. The building blocks.

Last home game for me next week cause I am going on holiday to Italy. Please send me off with a win boys 🙏

Maric with some seeeeexy kicks!

Hubba Hubba Zooey Deschanel GIF by New Girl

Lazy 19 goals for Charlie Curnow against us this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big BW is becoming consistently solid.
A good fight back 2nd half, showed some grit.
Some youngster's green shoots are becoming branches.
Missed Ginbey's attack in the guts.
Hewey starting to find it.
Shuey knows it, coach knows it, we all know it...

So much cope in this thread… The game was an embarrassment for us, pure and simple. Others have mentioned the Blues’ outs, and their injuries today. Sheed, Kelly and Darling were anything but on field leaders. Shuey is cooked (whatever the reason). Of the kids, Maric and EH tried hard, but please stop talking up Long, Bazzo, Chesser, etc. The Eagles are in a very deep, dark hole. Yes, we will eventually get out of it, but not by pretending our senior players will have some role to play in that… As for Captain, give it to OA now and be done with it.

Makes me wonder if the club knows how to have hard discussions; Shuey Captain again, Hurn another year, Kennedy another year previous year, long contracts, big bucks and so on.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s called credits….. and long may they never run out in the clubs mind

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This discussion implies there is another onfield leadership option. Barrass was flakey as captain - also hot and cold, Diuggan the people favorite is a c grade flanker and Allen is just learing to play FF.

I agree the cupboard is bare for alternate captain options, absoultely 100%.

Which is an incicment of our list management and development. Imagine not having a suitable Captain to replace a clearly past it Shuey.

That's damning. Oscar would be my choice, despite not really being ready for it he's clearly a classy player.. Duggan isn't quality enough, C grade is correct.

I agree the cupboard is bare for alternate captain options, absoultely 100%.

Which is an incicment of our list management and development. Imagine not having a suitable Captain to replace a clearly past it Shuey.

That's damning. Oscar would be my choice, despite not really being ready for it he's clearly a classy player.. Duggan isn't quality enough, C grade is correct.
Yep it's Allen or it might aswell just go straight to Ried.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back